The MT-07 Forum

Bar End Mirrors that go on Stock?

jackimpact

Looking for bar end mirrors that go on stock without me having to turn into MacGuyver in my garage. 

Prefer the arrow type like CRG, but round is ok. I do not wanna drop 100 dollars per mirror. 

• Premium Member

Get what you pay for though man. I come across a lot of people b*tching about the pitfalls of budget mirrors.

My barends came with a few plastic adapter rings. Cant remember the diametre of the OEM barend but I feel they're all pretty much universal fitment.

If in doubt measure the OEM and reference the manufacturer.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Easy, Cheap, Quality. Pick 2.

If you go with the cheap ones you are going to have to come up with a way to attach them to the stock bar ends.  I tried going cheap and never got it to work out.  I ended up just biting the bullet and getting the CRG arrows and Rhinomoto bar ends.  That is a true bolt on solution.

• Like 3

AlbatrossCafe

Suck it up and get the CRG mirrors! They are great quality. Convex viewing + Glass + very durable + install was easiest NA. Like others have said, you will be thankful in the end.

People usually get Rhinomoto Bar End Sliders to fit them with or these expanding CRG Billet Internal Adapters which don't provide any crash protection but are about $45 cheaper.

I have sliders + CRG

http://i.imgur.com/XzSu0yi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D1rXBsX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EfL1p2P.jpg

• Premium Member

The Rhinomoto bar ends are expensive but designed specifically to work with the threaded stock handlebar. The fact that they are heavy helps reduce vibration as well, and provide some level of crash protection.

The CRG mirrors are also expensive, but do not vibrate at speed to the point where you cannot see out of them (like the cheap knockoffs), and every part is replaceable, so if you crash you can replace parts rather than an entire mirror.

It's ultimately your choice, but I strongly believe you get what you pay for. Good luck!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just order the CRG HindSight LS mirrors after looking at the options. The reviews for the CRGs are fantastic, and since I've owned cheap mirrors before, I agree that you get what you pay for, so I sucked it up and shelled it out.

• Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

CRG. I have the blindsight they are small. I bought a cheap set for the Buell and you get what you pay for.

With the CRG you just need the mirrors they can mount on your bar end weights but you need a spacer to put inside the handle bars there is more than one how to on this sight if you do a search.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Can't attest to the quality of CRGs (yet), but I can attest to the lack of quality with whatever knockoffs you plan to buy.

I bought the $10 crg knockoffs on amazon, combined with the DIY extension of the stock bar end. Echoing what many have already said, you get what you pay for. The mirrors started to vibrate off their mounts and cant be tightened without breaking the glass of the mirror. Even the arrow knock off vibrate like crazy, so they just fall to the down position after riding for a little time.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I have a set of the rhinomoto threaded sliders w/crg mounts i'll sell for 55 shipped... these replace the barends on stock handlebar
I really need to go through the oem parts i have laying around... and put em up for sale

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

booboobusfz07

Cyclegear has pretty good ones. Between 40-80$ a set depending on if you want them to fold.
You can mount them on the stock bar ends with a 5$ spacer from ace. Cut a 1x5/8x7/8 steel spacer in half with a dremel or hand saw. if you can find 2 1/2x5/8x7/8 you won't have to cut it.
The cycle gear mirrors are better quality than most eBay/amazon mirrors. Using the spacer method is better than 90% of the mounts that come with the mirrors. And it saves you 100$ on adapters or new bar ends

I got a set of the folding ones from there and used spacer I cut in half. Zero issues and haven't had to tighten my bar ends once since I put em on.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm almost curious, does anyone think it's possible to machine down a groove in the stock bar ends to fit the CRG mirrors? I don't see why it wouldn't work, just turned down the the diameter of the mirrors so they clamp on good

• Global Moderator
I'm almost curious, does anyone think it's possible to machine down a groove in the stock bar ends to fit the CRG mirrors? I don't see why it wouldn't work, just turned down the the diameter of the mirrors so they clamp on good
If you could chuck it up straight... i dont see why not.
but you might have an issue with hitting the mirrors themselves with your gloves while riding

If you could chuck it up straight... i dont see why not. but you might have an issue with hitting the mirrors themselves with your gloves while riding
Good point. I'm confident I could chouck it up true, I guess my only concern is if there's enough meat on the stock ones to go deep enough for CRG's to mount. Unless anybody else has done it all I can do is buy some CRG's and try it. Worst case scenario I buy the Rhino bar ends if it fails miserably lol

• Global Moderator

I wouldnt imagine by the weight that the stockers are hollow... but there is that possibility

If you want the rhinomotos i'm selling a pair... just take a look in classifieds

• 1 month later...
Suck it up and get the CRG mirrors! They are great quality. Convex viewing + Glass + very durable + install was easiest NA. Like others have said, you will be thankful in the end. 
People usually get Rhinomoto Bar End Sliders to fit them with or these expanding CRG Billet Internal Adapters which don't provide any crash protection but are about $45 cheaper.

I have sliders + CRG

http://i.imgur.com/XzSu0yi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D1rXBsX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EfL1p2P.jpg

For the adjustable ones is it 1 inch size that we need?

For the adjustable ones is it 1 inch size that we need?
I'm 94% sure it is a 7/8" bar.
I'm 6% sure. i think that equals 100%...lol
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...

Hi, so I am in Canada and have ordered a set of CRG Hindsight Lane Split Bar End Mirror's but Solomotoparts want $50US to mail me the Rhino bars! Does anyone know of any solution for us northerners? Thanks!