The MT-07 Forum

saddlebags

aognr

the topic might have been opeden before but couldn't seen in anywhere so I wanted to created a new thread. I think that saddlebags are not very compatible with the appearence of fz/mt 07 but for long trips, they are necessary.

so i wanted to ask for advise about any user experience of any kind of saddle bags or other.

cheers,

• Global Moderator

I know Marco the physics prof put lots of cases on his bike. Unfortunately I cannot recall his user name. Hopefully he will see this thread and chime in.

• Global Moderator
the topic might have been opeden before but couldn't seen in anywhere so I wanted to created a new thread. I think that saddlebags are not very compatible with the appearence of fz/mt 07 but for long trips, they are necessary.  
so i wanted to ask for advise about any user experience of any kind of saddle bags or other.

cheers,

@phyciocc is who you're thinking of @mjh937

there are several threads going on luggage and side bag systems.... look under the fz07 tech tips subforum
we have a vendor @motomachines that sells the hepco/becker luggage
there is also the kriega system on top of the yamaha system

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I did the video so be nice ...
Would the US30 be too big on the tail?

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Would the US30 be too big on the tail?
I Don't have the 30 but it fits the same way and would look the same as the 20 just 10 bigger ;) I think it would be fine IMO  
Looking back on it I should have just picked up 2 30's

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

I was just looking into this too. If I go with larger lower hanging bags I would probably get this detachable support bar system and then simply sew a rear panel on the bags to slip on to the bar.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=15&categoryId=64&itemId=6137&unitId=4477&unitName=2015%2BFZ-07&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2015&items_per_page=12&page=3

Givi seems makes some nice stuff. Why is it that when I find something I really like it turns out to be pricey Itallian gear?

Kriega makes amazing stuff as well!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

At the Vancouver Motorcycle Show there was an FZ-07 that was set up for touring. Unfortunately I was not interested in doing that so I did not pay much attention to it. I think it was mostly Givi stuff. It looked good though.

• Premium Member

I did a while ago a post  http://fz07.org/post/58671 about the SW-Motech soft saddlebags, they are the vendor where the Yamaha OEM saddlebags come from. I really like mine, setup in less than 5 min.

Love to ride!

• Premium Member

Ive got the hepco and becker c-bow mount system and bags. They work great for longer trips,  i like them because the bags lock to the mounts.  I also strap on my ogio tail bag for some extra room. Ive got a thread somewhere with some better pics

[attachment id=1377" thumbnail="1]

I'd love one of those rigid mount bag setups but I just can't stomach the cost of them here in Canada now that our dollar is in the toilet. I'm leaning toward a set of Shad SB50 universal fit bags that I can throw on whatever my next bike is too.

Ive got the hepco and becker c-bow mount system and bags. They work great for longer trips,  i like them because the bags lock to the mounts.  I also strap on my ogio tail bag for some extra room. Ive got a thread somewhere with some better pics 

which brand are these saddlebags? 

• Premium Member

The OEM Yamaha bags fit and perform really well. Look really good too, but they did cost a bit more than the alternatives.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

which brand are these saddlebags?
I bought the hepco and becker c-bow street soft bags. They habe a few varieties of bags that fit the c-bow mount system 
Hepco and Becker

Motomachines link H&B c bow

twowheeladdict

I will be adding Givi brackets to mount my Givi V35 hard bags.

I've used them on my Ninja 650, and my Versys.

DSCN2294a.jpg

DSCN5015.jpg

2015 FZ-07

How was the Versys? I kind of like the new model, look neat. Since I sold the FZ6R I kind of miss having luggage and been able to go for weekend ride. Still doable on the FZ09 but not 2up!

The FZ07 would be a great option I believe once fully loaded... post some pics ince you get your Givi installed.

twowheeladdict
How was the Versys? I kind of like the new model, look neat. Since I sold the FZ6R I kind of miss having luggage and been able to go for weekend ride. Still doable on the FZ09 but not 2up!  
The FZ07 would be a great option I believe once fully loaded... post some pics ince you get your Givi installed.
Versys is a great light touring bike that can handle just about everything thrown at it.  I've ridden mine south to Key West, North to West Virginia, and West to Idaho and Arizona.  Many places in between.  Put 27,000 trouble free mile on it.  The only reason I replaces it with the FZ-07 was the weight.  I wanted a bike I could easily load in my truck to take along on work trips.  The bags will allow for light touring during the weekends.

2015 FZ-07

i run the givi hard saddlebags. i did have to custom make the bracket though as the one that they come with cannot be used unless you buy their rear rack. i will take some photos tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
twowheeladdict
i run the givi hard saddlebags. i did have to custom make the bracket though as the one that they come with cannot be used unless you buy their rear rack. i will take some photos tomorrow. 

Would love to see the photos.

I've been riding the FZ-07 with just a ICON squad II pack and it works well. The weight of the pack sits on the rear seat most of the time. It can hold my 10 essentials, plus rain gear, water, lunch, spare gloves, spare shield, etc.

2015 FZ-07

travisaurusrex
I did a while ago a post  http://fz07.org/post/58671 about the SW-Motech soft saddlebags, they are the vendor where the Yamaha OEM saddlebags come from. I really like mine, setup in less than 5 min. 

I've been eyeballing the SW-Motch bags for a while. Are they compatible with passenger pegs? It looks like you removed them in your pictures.

• Premium Member

I've been eyeballing the SW-Motch bags for a while. Are they compatible with passenger pegs? It looks like you removed them in your pictures.
Sorry - don't know, I removed the passenger pegs and never thought about them again... check on their website http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/ and look for MT-07, the European version of our bike. 

Love to ride!

Would love to see the photos.

I've been riding the FZ-07 with just a ICON squad II pack and it works well. The weight of the pack sits on the rear seat most of the time. It can hold my 10 essentials, plus rain gear, water, lunch, spare gloves, spare shield, etc.
finally got around to it lol 

20160305_205133_HDR1_zpsy46fmn5a.jpg

20160305_205206_HDR1_zpsko08qcha.jpg

20160305_205156_HDR1_zpsjznlynen.jpg

20160305_205215_HDR1_zpsnbug24gl.jpg

20160305_205336_HDR1_zpssxpcwz3b.jpg

20160305_205247_HDR1_zpslv02vdir.jpg

excuse the sand on the tires i might have done some offroading.

20160304_153615_HDR-11_zpsqjixbk5o.jpg

Archived