The MT-07 Forum

Newfacelook Men's Motorcycle Cargo Jeans

jake

• Premium Member
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BH73E3U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

So for the price and said to be Kevlar I thought I'd give them a shot I picked up Brown by mistake lol and its the same color as my work uniform (puke) .
I wanted to have a spare pair of riding jeans to take with me on trips. I have knee armor (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-field-armor-stryker-knee-guard) that I would put on wearing normal jeans but started to think about how long the skin on my butt would take to heal if I went down( I know they make diapers with armor, tried it thumbs down for me).
It fits like a cargo true to size American fit  baggy. the shell is cotton and feels well made almost twill like.Kevlar is thin but in all the impact areas.Armor seems good in the knee and hip but the pouch it goes in seems a little cheep to me like it might not last.
I'll give it a green light for price

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

These look really good. Pity the Aus dollar sucks at the moment and postage to Aus would cost as much as the pants.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

good find! I don't really like the way my scorpion jeans fit. might give these a shot.

twowheeladdict

Keep in mind that Kevlar degrades with UV exposure. Good for maybe 5 years max. They look decent for the money. Onlygood for around town though. Definitely better than Levis.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member
Keep in mind that Kevlar degrades with UV exposure. Good for maybe 5 years max. They look decent for the money. Onlygood for around town though. Definitely better than Levis.
So I'm looking at these pants right now and pinched the Kevlar and its not as thin as I thought I pinched it between my fingers and it feels ok. . The Kevlar is protected from the sun because its only panels on impact areas on the inside and I'd be happy with 5 years out of any jean. The CE armor is good but like I said the slots it goes in are questionable on durability. 
I've been looking around and the slider jeans seem good for the price too but these fit the bill IMO. I hate to steer any one wrong I'm more in the middle ground of safety 0 being none ( socks and sandals)  and 10 stay home is the only safe choice lol. 
I'm a bigger guy so the Icon pants I purchased I went a size up and they were still tight these pants fit fine size wise.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

twowheeladdict

I'm in the right gear for the right activity category. If I am just running an errand, I'll skip the riding pants for the armored jeans.
Having fun in the curves, full leather.
On a trip, hi viz cordura one piece suit.
Always motorcycle boots, armored gloves, armored jacket, and ff helmet.

When I was 19, swim shorts, lightning bolt flip flops, and a good tan. I lived in Daytona Beach. Thankfully I never wrecked.

2015 FZ-07

Archived