The MT-07 Forum

Looking for gloves (full length) with scaphoid protection

vertigo

I've been using a pair of Alpinestars Alloy shorty gloves for my first season on this bike and now I want some gauntlets.  I would very much prefer them to have scaphoid protection (palm sliders).  Knox Handroids look a bit too spaceman and they're $330 CDN so that's not gonna happen, but I came across the Scorpion SG3 gloves for around $150 that have Knox's own SPS palm slider setup.  

Do any of you have any experience with these or know of any other gloves that have proper scaphoid protection?  Thanks!

PA3FQtR.jpg

I have the short version of the scorpion gloves and I went down recently with them on, hands are perfectly unscathed and the gloves although a bit rough can probably stake another fall. The plastic protection in the palm really took the grunt of the fall.

• Premium Member

Racer gloves!
http://www.webbikeworld.com/site-search/search-results.htm?q=racer%20gloves

I have a pair of the R-Safe. The more they break in the more I love em. Worth every penny.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/racer-r-safe-gloves/review.htm

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Whatever you get make sure they are full leather, don't get anything with stretch panels. Many years ago my first pair of gloves Were nice racer gloves with stretch panels in between the fingers. Made for very comfortable gloves but I went down at slowish speed and they just shredded at the stretchy parts.

bmwpowere36m3

I haven't been impressed with A-Stars gloves, seen way too many reviews with them "blown" apart at the stitches... I bought a set of HELD airstream gloves and they've been awesome. Survived one asphalt slide, already. Will definitely get them again (worth price paid), considering I've already had them for 4+ years.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Held airstream are outstanding summer gloves with lots of protection. Flow just as much air as a star smx glove and will last 3000 times longer.

I will warn you that the stitching in the seams of my SGS gloves fell apart after about 2 weeks. (SGS is the short version of those essentially.) After some mickey mouse sewing it worked just fine, a great pair of gloves. Barely scathed after my fall, although my mickey mouse stitching did open up again.

my sgs gloves did the same thing and I sewed them with some power pro fishing line. but about 6 months in the leather in some spots on the palm got so soft you could tear it by barely pulling at it. needless to say won't buy them again. 

I will warn you that the stitching in the seams of my SGS gloves fell apart after about 2 weeks. (SGS is the short version of those essentially.) After some mickey mouse sewing it worked just fine, a great pair of gloves. Barely scathed after my fall, although my mickey mouse stitching did open up again.
Why wouldn't you have them replaced under warranty?

Why wouldn't you have them replaced under warranty?
Honestly I didn't think about it, especially without proof of purchase. Just fixed it on my own.

Archived