The MT-07 Forum

xk glow 38 watt led headlight

bmx2damax

• Premium Member

Says 2800 lumens vs the 3800 from cyclops... looks lie the samr cycle gear has which i hear they suck.

Says 2800 lumens vs the 3800 from cyclops... looks lie the samr cycle gear has which i hear they suck.
their little one yes 2800 they evidently have a larger one that pushes a claimed 5k lumens its on the amazon link i posted 

5000 lumens and 6000K?! If they're not fudging the numbers that's pretty damn bright but I personally would have a problem with buying them for these reasons. I've never heard of them and don't see any reviews on either but I did see reviews on an even brighter version (same brand, 5700 lumens) and some of the reviews weren't the best as far as light dispersion is concerned. Although bright, they didn't throw light down the road very well, just spread it out more than anything but maybe it throws it just as far as a Cyclops, who knows??? Care to be the guinea pig and test them? I wouldn't. One reviewer said he tried calling customer service 10 times with no response. Sounded disheartening to me. Maybe you will have better luck, who knows???

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145JPGWI/ref=s9_simh_gw_g263_i2_r?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1ZCDG18S9R5JZYBSVSXV&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Beemer

• Premium Member

+1 for the Cyclops 3800. If you do happen to go with the Cyclops be sure to use the larger spacer ring which improves the light spread. Very pleased with mine.

Personally I stay far away from anything without reviews. IMO amazon and especially ebay cant be trusted with their vendors's wild BS claims and write-ups; they are both flooded with cheap chinese crap and knock offs. Do some research on the vendor/dealer and if you can swing it, spend an extra buck or two and buy a solid brand from a reputable dealer and it will not only work as it should, but last longer too. Why buy cheap crap twice+ when you can buy quality once?
My 2 cents.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived