The MT-07 Forum

Installing PCV

azuryn

So it's been about 5 weeks since I went down and my collar bone feels as crooked as a politician but I am regaining function of my arm more and more every day and I think it about time to fix the damage on my bike and decided to install a PCV while I'm at it. 

So the install guide that comes with the PCV leaves quite a bit to the imagination and I haven't found much better instructions elsewhere, but I have found a decent install video for the EJK FC. Is there any big difference between the install for these 2 units?

Hopefully I should be able to be back on the bike within the next week or two, as much as I want to be back out there I think I should take my time.

Also a shout out to @mrpuss for hooking me up with some bar ends.

Also realizing now that the PCV has more connection than the EJK.

• Premium Member
So it's been about 5 weeks since I went down and my collar bone feels as crooked as a politician but I am regaining function of my arm more and more every day and I think it about time to fix the damage on my bike and decided to install a PCV while I'm at it.  
So the install guide that comes with the PCV leaves quite a bit to the imagination and I haven't found much better instructions elsewhere, but I have found a decent install video for the EJK FC. Is there any big difference between the install for these 2 units?

Hopefully I should be able to be back on the bike within the next week or two, as much as I want to be back out there I think I should take my time.

Also a shout out to @mrpuss for hooking me up with some bar ends.

Also realizing now that the PCV has more connection than the EJK.
 Hey! Glad they made it, and that you're feeling less of an invalid ;) Realized after I sent them off I bungled the "value" Hope they didnt ding you $$ over it.  ...and I agree with you, take your time and get that arm buffed up again. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

That guide does alittle too much in my opinion. Great video, don't get me wrong, but no need to remove the gas tank, plenty of room just taking off the side plastics ☺. Just use 2 screw drivers to unplug them.

That guide does alittle too much in my opinion. Great video, don't get me wrong, but no need to remove the gas tank, plenty of room just taking off the side plastics ☺. Just use 2 screw drivers to unplug them.

Awesome thanks for the input, I'll keep that in mind. Will attempt it later today.

OK, I have no idea how you were able to install it without removing the gas tank, there is no room considering how jumbled the wiring is for the PCV. Maybe I should gone with the EJK, much fewer connections.

Lol well I don't know the installation of the pcv, but removing the wire clips (to move the wires aside) and tank air hoses, I had enough room with the ejk.

Yea definitely had to remove the gas tank, the harness goes all the way to the ignition coils in the front and there is little room to get in there without removing the tank. It is just a huge pain to remove the tank due to not having the torque head keys to remove the bracket, instead I had to fit an Allen key underneath the gas tank to loosen it that way.

Although now I realize I have other issues, the bike lurches forward with the clutch in first gear, and since reinstalling the shift assembly shifting has become incredibly difficult(at least for finding neutral) I'll have to play around with the clutch and shift assembly linkage length I guess. Any one have an idea to resolve these 2 issues?

• Global Moderator

@azuryn, you should start another thread with your questions. People who may be able to help may not read a PCV thread.

Archived