The MT-07 Forum

What's this bike worth?

yamaha0505

Hey guys/ladies, I'm looking to buy a used fz-07 in the near future. I have been looking all over the Internet and I went to look at one today. It is winter in Illinois so I'm hoping to save a little $ rather than buying in the spring/ summer. Any ways here are the facts

2015 fz-07 in the graphite/blue color
1,400 miles
Puig windscreen and radiator side covers. Everything else is stock. This bike is really really clean. What would you pay for it?? I see that they are going for 6K new in some parts of the country. Plus sales tax an other dealer fees of course.

Edited, i misread op.

5k, maybe a little more. Make sure you test ride it and inspect things like oil level, sprocket condition, chain, etc. A bike this new shouldn't have any issues as long as the break in service was performed properly.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

He is asking 6,350 on Craigslist and said he would take 6,200 when I was there. I don't want to be "that guy" to offer him 5K but that is about what I have been seeing them go for

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Honestly for that money I'd buy a new one. It's winter so dealerships are hungry for business.

dentalprodigy

I hear you about seller on CL asking 6k. I found a seller with similar mileage to yours. '15 FZ-07 with 1300 miles with 600 mile service done at dealership. Lowest I could get him to go was $5900 (he listed it at $6000).

I've found another reasonable seller whose '15 FZ-07 has 3100 miles, 600 mile service done at dealership listed for $5200. I offered $4900 given that I have to pay $150 bucks to ship it to my house.

I guess sellers know this is a popular bike and are really marking up the prices.

Given my research, I think OP you should shoot for ~5100 tops.

Thanks guys, I will definitely try but I have a feeling this guy won't budge. There's still a few months until riding season and I can always ride the Honda grom if I don't find a fz at a decent price

if the seller has a loan on it, he won't want to let it go for any less than what is owed on the note. He should just take his lumps but hey, he's holding out for someone who hasn't done their homework.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

I agree with all points made here. IMO at that price buy new or keep looking elsewhere for a more realistic price.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

He is asking 6,350 on Craigslist and said he would take 6,200 when I was there. I don't want to be "that guy" to offer him 5K but that is about what I have been seeing them go for
If he didn't say the price is FIRM he's probably playing the bargaining game is all. He's probably hoping a sucker will come along and give him what he wants. (more than it's worth) Just check KBB's price on that yr. bike in that condition with those miles. (that's the price banks and dealers go by so you should, too) Of course you agree to pay whatever you want.

Beemer

Used price is completely relative to what your local dealers are selling them for new. Some places sell under msrp, some above. Find out what your local dealers are charging for a brand new bike and use that as your comparison to what the used bike should sell for. Ideally, for the bike you are talking about I think 1-2k under the dealer OTD pricing is fair. The bike is practically brand new and has some upgrades.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

the FZ-07 lists for $6990 here, and even shopping in Feb they only had one 2016 in stock, no 2015's at all. They wouldn't budge on the list price so I walked, when I went back browsing again they still wouldn't budge on the price.

A Yamaha dealer further away DID have a 2015 with almost 4,000 miles listed for $6390, I bet I could've got that one for $6k but then again I was surprised when my insurance agent told me kbb on the '15 was $6300. Why sacrifice 4k miles for $600? So I got the '16.

I don't know where you guys live suggesting 5k for this bike....

I'm going to call around today and find out what dealers are selling new 2015's for. Like I said I've seen them priced at 6K new online+ IL 6% sales tax. I drove 5 hours each way to pick my grom up when they first came out because of the price difference compared to dealers in my area. I'm not a fan of the 2016 colors. I will let you know what I end up doing either way

• Premium Member

I'll respond on the other side of the coin. I WILL get $6,000 for mine. It's mint, babied, and broken in, with less than 3,000 miles. They go for $6400 new here before tax, license, title, crate fees, etc. I should have no trouble unloading it for that much, and I honestly think it's worth it. I'm not trying to sucker anyone. It's $1000 less than new and no taxes or other fees. $6000 is a deal.

the FZ-07 lists for $6990 here, and even shopping in Feb they only had one 2016 in stock, no 2015's at all. They wouldn't budge on the list price so I walked, when I went back browsing again they still wouldn't budge on the price.  
A Yamaha dealer further away DID have a 2015 with almost 4,000 miles listed for $6390, I bet I could've got that one for $6k but then again I was surprised when my insurance agent told me kbb on the '15 was $6300. Why sacrifice 4k miles for $600? So I got the '16.

I don't know where you guys live suggesting 5k for this bike....
I live in Va.

5k is what I would offer the seller. The seller will likely refuse. I would tell them to call if he changes his mind. In two weeks (if the bike's not sold) he will likely call back, and 5100 or 5200 cash would likely get the bike IMHO. Of course, he might piss the guy off and never hear back! If so, I'd keep looking.

To me, paying anything close to what a new bike costs is crazy. Just get a new one if you can't save some serious cash. This used bike would still need quite a few mods. If it had a great full system exhaust pipe and fueling, and some other nice mods, maybe I'd pay closer to 6k....but for a stock bike, no way.

I'd email every dealer within 2 hours and tell them I got 6800 for a new one OTD. One of them would bite....maybe. You're right, the area does count in pricing. I know its tougher to negotiate in Cali because the sales tax is higher.

I'll respond on the other side of the coin. I WILL get $6,000 for mine. It's mint, babied, and broken in, with less than 3,000 miles. They go for $6400 new here before tax, license, title, crate fees, etc. I should have no trouble unloading it for that much, and I honestly think it's worth it. I'm not trying to sucker anyone. It's $1000 less than new and no taxes or other fees. $6000 is a deal.
Your bike is a better bike than the one the OP's seller has listed. You've got some excellent mods that add value (to the right buyer), the other one does not.

If we all listed our 07's on Craigslist for $5K, our phones WOULD BLOW UP. Seriously, it's a highly desired bike. IMO $5500 would be a fantastic deal!

scordiaboy515
Hey guys/ladies, I'm looking to buy a used fz-07 in the near future. I have been looking all over the Internet and I went to look at one today. It is winter in Illinois so I'm hoping to save a little $ rather than buying in the spring/ summer. Any ways here are the facts  
2015 fz-07 in the graphite/blue color
1,400 miles
Puig windscreen and radiator side covers. Everything else is stock. This bike is really really clean. What would you pay for it?? I see that they are going for 6K new in some parts of the country. Plus sales tax an other dealer fees of course.
     What state are you in?......I have one for sale on this forum, check it out....it's a smokin deal 

• Premium Member
Your bike is a better bike than the one the OP's seller has listed. You've got some excellent mods that add value (to the right buyer), the other one does not.
Actually, I have no mods but a fender eliminator. It's bone stock otherwise. I just know that it's a popular bike in a popular color with few options nearby. I paid $7700 OTD a year ago and only put 2300 miles on it or so. For someone else to snatch it up a year later for $1700 less is a steal, in my opinion. The year is really irrelevant as the 2016 looks identical but with a different paint scheme. 

Actually, I have no mods but a fender eliminator. It's bone stock otherwise. I just know that it's a popular bike in a popular color with few options nearby. I paid $7700 OTD a year ago and only put 2300 miles on it or so. For someone else to snatch it up a year later for $1700 less is a steal, in my opinion. The year is really irrelevant as the 2016 looks identical but with a different paint scheme.
I mistook you for scordiaboy.

His bike is listed here:

http://fz07.org/thread/4592/

Has a lot of mods, I like his choices, they add value to the bike in my eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

Update- I went with cash this weekend to buy the bike but the owner would not budge off of 6K. I found a few scratched once it was out in the sunlight and $5800 was as high as I would go. Looking back at it I am glad we did not make a deal, I think I'm going to buy new for less than 1K more.

dentalprodigy
Update- I went with cash this weekend to buy the bike but the owner would not budge off of 6K. I found a few scratched once it was out in the sunlight and $5800 was as high as I would go. Looking back at it I am glad we did not make a deal, I think I'm going to buy new for less than 1K more.
good call.  keep looking on CL OR like you said for ~$7500 tax+title+registration you can ride home with a 2016 one.

Archived