The MT-07 Forum

What Are You Waiting For?

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member
I love my Hindsight LS's! Are you going to use the stock bar ends or did you purchase something else?
I purchased the CRG adapters.  I've got the Renthal Ultra Low bars and Renthal bar ends.  Not sure if they'll work or not.
I got the CRG's today and they fit perfectly on the Renthal barends.  Since my barends are blue ano, and I'm OCD, I ordered some black ano Renthal barends (and sent the CRG adapters back).  I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet.  A storm moved in today and dumped snow along with 50mph winds.  I'll try to do a more in depth review for the install and with pictures later, but so far, I'm really impressed with the build quality and how they fit, and I love the fold back feature. I have cramped quarters and could not use normal barends, in fact I had written off barends as a bad idea until I saw the Lane Splitters. 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Alright, new rider and I just got my bike. Haven't even hit the streets yet. I did take the MSF course but that wasn't enough practice so I took my bike to a parking lot to get comfortable with the throttle and brakes. Stalled while trying to get moving without using the throttle so that's what I was mostly practicing. Dropped my bike and broke a little bit off the end of the clutch lever (no other damage done) so I figured I'd order a new replacement OEM clutch lever (It was $20 bucks so why not?). Checked Amazon and it said it was delivered to my building door but I guess someone took it. I hope that person enjoys having that lever more than I ever could. :D

• Premium Member
Alright, new rider and I just got my bike. Haven't even hit the streets yet. I did take the MSF course but that wasn't enough practice so I took my bike to a parking lot to get comfortable with the throttle and brakes. Stalled while trying to get moving without using the throttle so that's what I was mostly practicing. Dropped my bike and broke a little bit off the end of the clutch lever (no other damage done) so I figured I'd order a new replacement OEM clutch lever (It was $20 bucks so why not?). Checked Amazon and it said it was delivered to my building door but I guess someone took it. I hope that person enjoys having that lever more than I ever could. :D
Man really, someone stole your part?! Jeeeesus. SMH. 
Make a request here for bits as we have a ton of people who wont be going back to OEM and will have random parts collecting dust. With any luck they'll just ask you for shipping.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I didn't think about asking for parts from people here at the time.

I got it through Amazon so they'll just replace it at no charge (I've had that happen to friends with much more expensive items). Someone probably saw a box and thought they'd get something useful instead of a clunk of metal and my sister in law's little $6 book on fundamentals of piano theory.

• Premium Member

Actually got my package today. Even though the status said "delivered" yesterday and signed by "front door," they delivered it today and just left it there. Maybe it's cause of their contract with amazon so it looks like they delivered it in 2 days instead of 3.

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Waiting for my quick shifter to arrive any time now!!! Will be sharing pics when I get it!

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member

Waiting for the radiator paint to burn off my exhaust pipe so I can put header paint on it like a normal person would do. Live n learn I guess.

Waiting for my quick shifter to arrive any time now!!! Will be sharing pics when I get it!
Do you have a link for your quick shifter?

Beemer

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Yes bud, here it is.. I ordered in gold to match the look I'm trying to get (mate grey/black/gold)

http://www.annitoriqs.com/product_detail_1.php

• Premium Member

Looking forward to a thorough review. ;)
It looks like a great product, but I'd really like to get some "real world" user feedback on how it works on the FZ-07.

Yes bud, here it is.. I ordered in gold to match the look I'm trying to get (mate grey/black/gold) 
It sounds nice but I don't see any info on whether it downshifts also. Do you know if it does, any info on that? Thanks!

Beemer

• Premium Member
It sounds nice but I don't see any info on whether it downshifts also. Do you know if it does, any info on that? Thanks!
Most quick shifters only handle upshifts by electronically backing off the fuel for a split second when the shift occurs. Downshifts are a whole 'nother beast, and require a special clutch.

Most quick shifters only handle upshifts by electronically backing off the fuel for a split second when the shift occurs. Downshifts are a whole 'nother beast, and require a special clutch.
That's what I've know to be true also but I found this one that blips the throttle for you so that it can be used to down shift as well. I just don't know for sure if one can be used on our beloved FZ07 ( they say it works on most all models) and it's not cheap.  

http://www.quickshifters.com/flatshifterpro.htm

Beemer

• Premium Member
That's what I've know to be true also but I found this one that blips the throttle for you so that it can be used to down shift as well. I just don't know for sure if one can be used on our beloved FZ07 ( they say it works on most all models) and it's not cheap.  

Well even if it auto blips, you would still have to use the clutch lever for downshifts

"On the track our quickshifter system allows more precise corner entry as the rider/driver can concentrate on braking and turning in, while making perfect clutchless downshifts by operating the gear lever only."

The link I provided offers some other interesting things as well. Click it or ticket!  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Well even if it auto blips, you would still have to use the clutch lever for downshifts
Yes, it can be used for both up & down shifting. I just picked mine up and here you have some pics so you can take a look. Just a first advice/tip if you get one, notice the coil loom provided has 3 pairs of connectors and the 07 only needs two so contacted them asking if I got the wrong loom and response was they don't make custom ones for the 07 but that one works just fine and to leave the "extra" pair disconnected (tape each one of them individually was an optional recommendation). Likely I'll install it next week so I'll do a full review by then! 
Note1: Support from Annitori so far has been really great as they has responded to every question I sent them fairly quickly.

Note2: I just got an email from them letting me they will release the iPhone app this Friday, so those out there with iPhones complaining about it should be cover by then!

Unboxing:
[attachment id=1460" thumbnail="1]

Coil loom:
[attachment id=1461" thumbnail="1]

QS Pro unit:
[attachment id=1462" thumbnail="1]

QS Pro App:
[attachment id=1463" thumbnail="1]

If you have a flash tune reflash which I think Nels uses then the quickshift function can be enabled on that so all you would need is the sensor and wiring harness

• Premium Member

Speaking of quick shifters, I came across this one recently and heard nothing but rave reviews of it. The price is cheaper than just about everything else out there at $320.  It's fully adjustable with your smart phone via bluetooth, custom defined sensitivity and rpm cut times, and you don't have to mess with your shift rod if you don't want to because it can install on the shift shaft to the tranny. It also has an FZ-07 specific plug and play wiring harness, and the module itself is ultra small so you can mount it just about anywhere.

Check it out here

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

@pgeldz That looks really cool. Are you going to buy one? We need a guinea pig. :)

eurofunction

After an old woman drove through my buddies shop and took out my bike the insurance check finally came in so I just ordered a fender eliminator kit, Evotech radiator guard, and smoked front and rear blinker lights.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Speaking of quick shifters, I came across this one recently and heard nothing but rave reviews of it. The price is cheaper than just about everything else out there at $320.  It's fully adjustable with your smart phone via bluetooth, custom defined sensitivity and rpm cut times, and you don't have to mess with your shift rod if you don't want to because it can install on the shift shaft to the tranny. It also has an FZ-07 specific plug and play wiring harness, and the module itself is ultra small so you can mount it just about anywhere. 
Check it out here

- Paulie

Nice! Might get this instead of the Triumph quickshifter for my str.  

• Premium Member
@pgeldz That looks really cool. Are you going to buy one? We need a guinea pig. :)
I'm seriously considering it.  I do have the PCV which has the ability to add their quick shifter, but It's more expensive and I wouldn't have the ability to tune it myself. 
I've thought of some other very cool upgrades to my FZ-07 lately for the track, but I'm just not sure I want to put more money into it, since I'm considering getting and building a dedicated track/race bike.

Time will tell :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Check it out here

- Paulie

My Two cent in here.... I have been researching about quickshifter for quite a while and also reviewed this one. Its a good option as well but it only works for up shifting and as I was looking for a quickshifter that works for both up & down it was out of what I was looking for. What I can let you know is that I only found two brands that suits what I was looking for... H&M quickshifter & Annitori quickshifter. Not long ago they used to work together but now they are totally independent from each other. H&M has more quickshifter options and some of them can be adjusted in more detail than Anntori but they are also way more expensive. I'm not saying Annitori is totally the best one but seems to be the best fit for me functional & money wise. There are really a pretty good number of qs options out there like Bazzaz, Dynojet, Healtech, H&M, Annitori, etc... Each one with his pros and cons so I will just suggest to anyone to research as I did and pick the best option for you according to your needs & budget :)

Archived