The MT-07 Forum

What Are You Waiting For?

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Waiting for my local shop to call me to tell me my new helmet is here, Shoei RF-1200 Brigand

de5ad879309da193129e1d64939dae4d.jpg

4a97060c9b51514708c8dae3de876bc1.jpg

- xCarbonSteelx

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I'm getting married this year so my spending is severely reigned in and the bike is bone stock, but I want a windscreen, luggage, and bar end mirrors.
If you were to elope, you would both have a bit more dough for "other things". You could both ride off into the sunset on your respective customized FZs. :D 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

So my ecu is on its way home from @2wheeldynoworks. Wahoo except my other stuff will be here friday (akro carbon, led lights, brake light, sliders), ecu is on Tuesday ugh!

• Premium Member
I'm getting married this year so my spending is severely reigned in and the bike is bone stock, but I want a windscreen, luggage, and bar end mirrors.
If you were to elope, you would both have a bit more dough for "other things". You could both ride off into the sunset on your respective customized FZs. :D 

Getting his fiancee to buy into that is nigh impossible. I tried for a year with no impact.

In the end it was well worth the experience. So if I lived in dual parallel universes, my other self would have regretted the decision.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
Those definitely look like fantastic, high quality pants, but at that price I bet you're not getting one of each color. And yea... pics are mandatory now. ;)

yeah it is pretty expensive especially after the armour and some customization. Just ONE pair for those hot days when my leathers would be too much, and so I can stop gazing at them longingly HAHA. If they are really fantastic I'd like to outfit my wife with both pants and jacket so maybe I can worry a bit less knowing shes well protected.  Once I get back home from vacation Im on it!

Quality doesn't come cheap (at least most of the time).  I think I'd like to go another direction when outfitting my wifey in pants and jacket, but that's another topic. ;) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
 yeah it is pretty expensive especially after the armour and some customization. Just ONE pair for those hot days when my leathers would be too much, and so I can stop gazing at them longingly HAHA. If they are really fantastic I'd like to outfit my wife with both pants and jacket so maybe I can worry a bit less knowing shes well protected.  Once I get back home from vacation Im on it!

Quality doesn't come cheap (at least most of the time).  I think I'd like to go another direction when outfitting my wifey in pants and jacket, but that's another topic. ;) 

Oh yea... and she doesn't ride on my motorcycle, and no pics coming. :) 

Getting his fiancee to buy into that is nigh impossible. I tried for a year with no impact.

In the end it was well worth the experience. So if I lived in dual parallel universes, my other self would have regretted the decision.
This man speaks the truth.  It is a task no man can ever accomplish.   
As for the second part, I'm sure you're right, I just keep looking at the financial aspect of it and how it's a single day of our lives and I shake my head.  

• Premium Member
This man speaks the truth.  It is a task no man can ever accomplish.   
As for the second part, I'm sure you're right, I just keep looking at the financial aspect of it and how it's a single day of our lives and I shake my head.  
Certain couples do like having their special day, more often than not it seems the fellah just rides along for their gals sake. I dunno, we've been to enough weddings that we knew all that fuss just wasnt for us. I like going to them I just dont like to be in the 'centre of attention' realm.

I've had friends do the Itallian wedding thing (mind you she was Itallian) so just cash envelopes instead of useless cheese boards etc and they had enough to pay things off and get rolling.

My wife and I eloped and agreed we would just have a big (gift exempt) party later on... after almost eight years we still havent had the party. HAHA
One day we'll do it up when we renew our vows, and if she decides to keep me around. :D

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I'm waiting for my tax return -- so I can pull the trigger on a stage 1 akra carbon kit + EJK from Dobeck

[edit:  tax return deposited -- now I'm just waiting until they're in the office now :)]

• Global Moderator
Waiting for my local shop to call me to tell me my new helmet is here, Shoei RF-1200 Brigand 

Helmet cemter?
you should come down to the track day their owner is hosting with xcel at AMP (camelback & reems)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Helmet cemter? you should come down to the track day their owner is hosting with xcel at AMP (camelback & reems)

It was from the helmet center. When are they having it?

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

Helmet cemter? you should come down to the track day their owner is hosting with xcel at AMP (camelback & reems)
It was from the helmet center. When are they having it?

Tomorrow feb 14
you have to sign up for it on excel's site though
All are welcome to come down and hang out though

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I decided to order a pair of CRG Hindsight LS mirrors. So now I'm waiting for them.
I'm also waiting for these rearsets.
And the helmet I won from Competition Accessories.

I blame it on the weather.  I hope it gets warm enough to install my purchases once they arrive.

I love my Hindsight LS's! Are you going to use the stock bar ends or did you purchase something else?

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

I decided to order a pair of CRG Hindsight LS mirrors. So now I'm waiting for them.
I'm also waiting for these rearsets.
And the helmet I won from Competition Accessories.

I blame it on the weather.  I hope it gets warm enough to install my purchases once they arrive.

I love my Hindsight LS's! Are you going to use the stock bar ends or did you purchase something else?
I purchased the CRG adapters.  I've got the Renthal Ultra Low bars and Renthal bar ends.  Not sure if they'll work or not. 

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Hope they do work out for you. If not, Rhino makes a bar end for the Renthals. I bought Rhino bar ends for the stock bars and they worked great. Waiting on my Woodcrafts now to arrive so I can test the Rhinos on it.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

I couldnt take it any longer. Just ordered Driven TT rearsets. Hopefully in the mailbox when we get home from Vacation. Feel a little better.

• Premium Member
Akra carbon exhaust, my ecu back, some 194 bulbs, some t plugs, some binkers. I know I'm missing something
You're definitely missing a K&N filter. I hope you ordered one of those as well. Oh, and chewing gum to hold you over until summer arrives, ha!  ;)  (thank you, Jake)
Talked to the guys at Dobeck who said that they saw no difference/improvement from the stock air filter, so I'm keeping mine stock (but on their recommendation, removing the snorkel and cover, and leaving the baffle in)

You're definitely missing a K&N filter. I hope you ordered one of those as well. Oh, and chewing gum to hold you over until summer arrives, ha!  ;)  (thank you, Jake)
Talked to the guys at Dobeck who said that they saw no difference/improvement from the stock air filter, so I'm keeping mine stock (but on their recommendation, removing the snorkel and cover, and leaving the baffle in)
With all due respect, all Dobeck tested for was an increase in h.p. K&N air filters aren't all about getting more h.p. but they are superior to OEM filters in a number of ways which made me think they were a must have. Of course that's MPO based on K&N's testing of their air filters. See the advantages yourself:

http://www.knfilters.com/faq.htm

There's also this which is informative about K&N filters:
http://cars.about.com/od/productreviews/fr/ag_knfilter.htm?utm_term=k%20&%20n%20filter%20reviews&utm_content=p1-main-1-title&utm_medium=sem&utm_source=msn&utm_campaign=adid-080bdb10-64d9-4a7b-ac56-e1348dcda7ab-0-ab_msb_ocode-31686&ad=semD&an=msn_s&am=broad&q=k%20&%20n%20filter%20reviews&dqi=&o=31686&l=sem&qsrc=999&askid=080bdb10-64d9-4a7b-ac56-e1348dcda7ab-0-ab_msb

Beemer

• Premium Member

Calm yourself, @beemer. :) I normally use K&N filters (and currently use one of their oil filters on my bike too) -- I was just relaying what they told me. It also appears the stock filter is very similar in construction to the K&N. YMMV.

Calm yourself, @beemer . :) I normally use K&N filters (and currently use one of their oil filters on my bike too) -- I was just relaying what they told me. It also appears the stock filter is very similar in construction to the K&N. YMMV.
I am (was) calm, I just posted what my source said (well, a link) like you did but what a surprise to see you're actually a fan of K&N filters after-all!  :)

Beemer

Matris rear shock and F15 fork cartridge kit. Got news today that the'll be with me this time next week. 

Waiting on news from @pattonme  about his shim and piston upgrade to fit the cartridge kit "C" leg. Once that lots fitted hopefully it will stop, turn and corner how I'd like it to. Can't wait.

Some sunshine and dry tarmac would be nice too.

Waiting for a suspension group buy!

Also waiting for a ECU flash group buy (2wheeldynoworks)!

Was I looking for the word waiting or hoping? lol

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Archived