The MT-07 Forum

What Are You Waiting For?

xcarbonsteelx

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

A black 'Helite' airvest. 8-)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Money. Once it arrives, then it's gonna be bike, gear, sliders, levers, stands, class, and endless smiles.

• Premium Member
You know the drill....  ;) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Looking forward to a thorough review. ;) It looks like a great product, but I'd really like to get some "real world" user feedback on how it works on the FZ-07.

Finally installed it yesterday and I haven't had a chance to ride much but first impression: It works flawless both up & down! I did a mistake in my order as request 115mm shift rod when needed the 90mm (my bad when selecting it) so it's not perfectly aligned but works fine anyway. Ordered a 90mm shift rod last night so I'll change it as soon as I get it. I'll making an install & review video during the week (hopefully) but long story short it's a really GREAT & FUN accessory!

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I had to return my helmet to Bell for a warranty inspection since I was getting an air leak in my eye port gasket to faceshield and they called me to pick another color. I called and they were out of stock of all colors in my size for the Bell Star Carbon (old version), so they are now sending me a 2016 Bell Star in Matte Black. This helmet is cheaper than my Bell Star Carbon RSD Technique, but it should be a better helmet with a much better design and is just as light without being an actual Carbon Fiber helmet.

290bdd8156f2f723c3e5cb2450204897.jpg

SigSide.jpg

Still waiting for my SC Project exhaust to be shipped... And in the same time I'll install a DNA air filter and a SC Project AFM that I already both have but waitin for the pipe!

I ordered the exhaust on february 3rd and still nothing, I'm getting mad!

Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I`m waiting to make up my mind if the FZ-07 is the right bike for me or not :D

And waiting on my dealer to come up with some kind of "offer I can not refuse" to help with the process.

MT-07 Prospect

• Global Moderator

its not truly moto related.... but im waiting on my quadcopter to arrive from china.... supposed to be here tomorrow
going to toss a few higher powered motors into it and see how fast I can get it to go....

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'm waiting on my dealer to get a Night Fluorescent in stock, already have a deal worked out for my trade and will have a PCV/Akro Carbon installed by the dealer before I pick up the bike. Waiting until late April/early May for the bike to come in is harder than I thought...in the mean time my mod list is growing exponentially.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Premium Member

... Kriega us-70-combo drybags...
... RAM mount set-up fer me phone...
... "Moto-D" Coolmax suit and 3 pairs of socks of the same.

...and one more day of work until my weekend!! The bike is getting a dust down/light wash, chain lube, polish and oil change, then I can finally feel good about posting some pics of my 2nd wife all dolled up after 8 months of excessive spending and modding.  :)  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Hey @rowdy, sorry to keep you in 'suspense' sir .... not quite as saucy as them ridin' pants you had there. I cant even notice wearing it. A bit bulky on the back as the vest has a stiff back armour as does my jacket, still though, very low-profile. I like it. 8-) 8-)

[attachment id=1611" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1612" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1613" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
Money. Once it arrives, then it's gonna be bike, gear, sliders, levers, stands, class, and endless smiles.
If I may...perhaps consider a rad guard. Have fun piecing it together! 

• Premium Member

@mrpuss
(nice telescope. hah)

Man, I'm conflicted.
I would want the vest but I also got a white jacket for visibility and it'll take away from that.
I'm also going to have to deal with Southern California heat pretty soon so I wonder if that'll add weight and heat.
How's the weight? Light enough? Do you think you'll notice a difference in temperature if you have that over your jacket in the summer?

Hey @rowdy , sorry to keep you in 'suspense' sir .... not quite as saucy as them ridin' pants you had there. I cant even notice wearing it. A bit bulky on the back as the vest has a stiff back armour as does my jacket, still though, very low-profile. I like it. 8-) 8-)

Where is the little whistle-like thing to manually blow air into it?  j/k 
I don't think I can use that thing because I'm 100% certain I would continually inflate it when I attempt to get off the bike.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
@mrpuss nice vest!
Thanks! One of my more responsible purchases. Hopefully I'll never put it to use. 

• Global Moderator
@mrpuss (nice telescope. hah)

Man, I'm conflicted.
I would want the vest but I also got a white jacket for visibility and it'll take away from that.
I'm also going to have to deal with Southern California heat pretty soon so I wonder if that'll add weight and heat.
How's the weight? Light enough? Do you think you'll notice a difference in temperature if you have that over your jacket in the summer?
They have a hivis version of the vest

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
@mrpuss (nice telescope. hah)

Man, I'm conflicted.
Yeah that telescope is really amazing!  
The vest is super light and airy. I cant see it posing much if any issues with heat; definitely no issue with weight.
IMO I'd feel better relying on this vest than any colour of jacket; people just arent programmed to see us very well regardless of what we wear.

• Premium Member
Hey @rowdy , sorry to keep you in 'suspense' sir .... not quite as saucy as them ridin' pants you had there. I cant even notice wearing it. A bit bulky on the back as the vest has a stiff back armour as does my jacket, still though, very low-profile. I like it. 8-) 8-)

I don't think I can use that thing because I'm 100% certain I would continually inflate it when I attempt to get off the bike.

I believe it takes something like a good 50-70 lbs of yank to set it off. No possible way one would blow it just walking away while its still attached to the bike. 

• Premium Member
They have a hivis version of the vest
yea, I never really liked the neon color of hi-vis gear  :-X Maybe i should seriously consider that though.

The vest is super light and airy. I cant see it posing much if any issues with heat; definitely no issue with weight. IMO I'd feel better relying on this vest than any colour of jacket; people just arent programmed to see us very well regardless of what we wear.

good point

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Looks good @Mr.Puss ,what size Helite vest did you get?  

• Premium Member
Looks good @mr.Puss ,what size Helite vest did you get?  
A large seems to fit me just right. Im 5'8, 165 lbs.  

I believe it takes something like a good 50-70 lbs of yank to set it off. No possible way one would blow it just walking away while its still attached to the bike.
Oh that's good to know.  I was seriously considering getting one but I just kept thinking I would accidentally inflate it. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
Oh that's good to know.  I was seriously considering getting one but I just kept thinking I would accidentally inflate it.
Yeah, Helite has it all sorted out for us. I did a bunch of research on the various brands and personally I feel Helite is the stronger bet and is worth the high price tag. Spousal approval was immediate. :D 

Archived