The MT-07 Forum

What Are You Waiting For?

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member
I'm waiting for my right eyebrow to grow back and No flame was involved in the right eyebrow going missing nor was it a prank... Safety glasses work as intended also!! Good thing my eyebrow got Split open below my helmet foam :D
The suspense is killing me....  What happened? 

Can't post pictures of culprit without opening a legal can of worms...  
For the last 10yrs I have been an " Industrial High Vacuum Braze Operator " the company I work for produces thermocoolers...think of a locomotive charge air coolers for an engine turbo, or a modual cooling system heavy farm equipment to name a few...

This is something I have performed almost everyday for almost 8yrs...never thought it could happen after all these years 0_o 

There is a step in the cooling process to cool the parts down after brazing by setting them on a big huge likd king sized bed welding table with the holes for weld fixtures...the table top sits like hip high and I happen  to use a part of the braze fixture to pull myself up on to the table in one big step...needless to say was literally standing up on the edge of the table  just at the point when I would lean forward by to walk onto the table, the braze fixture rod I always used to help me get on top of the table came out of its holding spot and since I was using it to pull my self up on to the table my full weight was behind it and pulled that rod right into my eyebrow,  knocking my safely glasses off, helmet  too, broke the glasses...all of this happens in a snap... the end of the rod was round foot about 5mm thick and the size of a .25 cent coin...now I got a bad ass looking MMA looking cut just under  my eyebrow which I had to shave off to clean and apply band aide and mini butterfly thingys to pull it shut...it split it down to the bone...looks to be about 3-5 stiches... and according to the rules of "          " section 3 paragraph 6 states...   5 stiches or less, walk it off :D  

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I'm waiting for my right eyebrow to grow back and No flame was involved in the right eyebrow going missing nor was it a prank... Safety glasses work as intended also!! Good thing my eyebrow got Split open below my helmet foam :D

Well @norcal616 you just might have to shave off the other one and go for the ol' David Bowie look...you know, for symmetry. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I got both the pants and the shirt. On really hot days I'll wear just a t-shirt over the long sleeved armor, exposing the netting/armor itself but that look doesn't bother me, I rather like the look. 
Its not a fishnet suit is it? kinda looks that way in the pics on amazon
I should've said nylon panty hose instead of netting. They're like panty hose because they're 82% nylon and 18% spandex so they stretch well but are pretty strong.

Beemer

Well @norcal616 you just might have to shave off the other one and go for the ol' David Bowie look...you know, for symmetry.
Screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo is the way to go, man!  ;)   

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm going bad ass with a hello kitty band aide...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Well, Ive decided to stop being stubborn, so I just ordered a PCV to go along with the Hordpower airbox, both of which are now in the mail. I dont know whether to cry a little or jump up and down. Heck, it'll be worth it in the end.

Hopefully I can put that Dobeck EJK to use in my wife's bike; if not perhaps someone here could use it.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Well, Ive decided to stop being stubborn, so I just ordered a PCV to go along with the Hordpower airbox, both of which are now in the mail. I dont know whether to cry a little or jump up and down. Heck, it'll be worth it in the end.  
Hopefully I can put that Dobeck EJK to use in my wife's bike; if not perhaps someone here could use it.
Cry a little is probably the better option
tears of sorrow for money lost....
tears of joy when its all installed

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
M4 slip on is on the way.
Hard to beat the sensations and anticipation of firing it up after adding an exhaust.  

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Someone asked for pictures earlier. Won't have them on the bike for a while but here is what they look like. 6496ed637e2b160184fc4333178f88ef.jpg68d607c927fc50e85f3e894ea495cf82.jpg

bellissimoto
Someone asked for pictures earlier. Won't have them on the bike for a while but here is what they look like. 6496ed637e2b160184fc4333178f88ef.jpg68d607c927fc50e85f3e894ea495cf82.jpg

Looks awesome!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member

For the Power-Commander-V so I can install that fantastic Hordpower airbox that is waiting for me at the post office.

This is torture of the "Mail" kind.

A Dobeck EJK with less than 1500-km of use will be up for grabs shortly.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Total noob question, but what are the purpose of chain adjusters? I mean I know the obvious answer, but do they just make it easier or something?  How do they work?
Maybe slightly easier to adjust. Easier to be precise in the adjustment. Biggest thing is staying on the swing arm when you swap tires. One less thing to hold in place while you are threading the axle.

• Premium Member

Well, a day or two for me to rip apart the bike so I can install the new PCV and Hordpower airbox. Its either that or do many nice things for my lovely wife on her birthday. The choice is crystal clear... airbox it is...no, wait....

Bikie and I found a bowling alley with some halfway decent billiards tables. The house sticks there are about as straight as Cheech Marino so now I'm waiting on a decent pool stick from ebay. It's not top of the line but it is a good McDermott.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MCDERMOTT-LUCKY-L8-GREY-GRAY-Billiard-Two-Piece-Pool-Cue-Stick-FREE-CASE-/400485666281?hash=item5d3ece4de9:g:HdgAAOxyQyJRkRxf
The description on this same stick isn't the same as the one I purchased. Mine is weight adjustable from 19 to 21 0z. and is pro tapered. 

Beemer

Bikie and I found a bowling alley with some halfway decent billiards tables. The house sticks there are about as straight as Cheech Marino so now I'm waiting on a decent pool stick from ebay. It's not top of the line but it is a good McDermott. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MCDERMOTT-LUCKY-L8-GREY-GRAY-Billiard-Two-Piece-Pool-Cue-Stick-FREE-CASE-/400485666281?hash=item5d3ece4de9:g:HdgAAOxyQyJRkRxf
The description on this same stick isn't the same as the one I purchased. Mine is weight adjustable from 19 to 21 0z. and is pro tapered. 

I love pool. I actually have a few pool sticks that I rarely use. I'm afraid if I bring the sticks into pool halls, people would expect me to play like a shark, but then realize I don't. So this is the reason why they are rarely used. Lol.

Bikie and I found a bowling alley with some halfway decent billiards tables. The house sticks there are about as straight as Cheech Marino so now I'm waiting on a decent pool stick from ebay. It's not top of the line but it is a good McDermott. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MCDERMOTT-LUCKY-L8-GREY-GRAY-Billiard-Two-Piece-Pool-Cue-Stick-FREE-CASE-/400485666281?hash=item5d3ece4de9:g:HdgAAOxyQyJRkRxf

I love pool. I actually have a few pool sticks that I rarely use. I'm afraid if I bring the sticks into pool halls, people would expect me to play like a shark, but then realize I don't. So this is the reason why they are rarely used. Lol.
I hear ya and some people may expect that but some that have played a lot of pool know that a nice stick is just something a regular pool player likes to shoot with for a variety of good reasons, not just that they are a pool shark. Anyone that's played pool for years knows that a lot, if not all house sticks are really only good for breaking. They're usually too light or are crooked, have a bad tip and are dirty because everyone and their brother uses them and leaves their germs on them for you to enjoy and possibly pass along.  ;)  It's just nice to have your own stick, like it's nice to have your own dentures, ha! What kind of sticks do you have? I really like the old school ones with the nice pearl inlays, they're beautiful sticks!

Beemer

I hear ya and some people may expect that but some that have played a lot of pool know that a nice stick is just something a regular pool player likes to shoot with for a variety of good reasons, not just that they are a pool shark. Anyone that's played pool for years knows that a lot, if not all house sticks are really only good for breaking. They're usually too light or are crooked, have a bad tip and are dirty because everyone and their brother uses them and leaves their germs on them for you to enjoy and possibly pass along.  ;)  It's just nice to have your own stick, like it's nice to have your own dentures, ha! What kind of sticks do you have? I really like the old school ones with the nice pearl inlays, they're beautiful sticks!

I have no idea. Lol. My wife bought these for me a long time ago when I used to go to the pool hall all the time. Still almost like new. I probally brought a stick in a handful of time when I played, but for sure house stick for breaking. Haha. Hoping one day to have my own pool table at home to go with the sticks.

9395b17768551bc1f2035a0249a5e5e8.jpg

jchin3081

Nice sticks! It's funny, I told a friend last night in an email that I'd just purchased a nice stick and he said almost the same thing you did, that he didn't want anyone thinking he was a pro so I replied back to him with something in mind that you had said. I told him that if people thought I was a pro just because I have my own stick then I'll show them how wrong they are real quick, ha! It just seems funny to me that no one views regular bowlers as pros or sharks when they see them with their own bowling balls but man, walk into a pool hall with a cue and in everyone's mind, LOOK OUT ... THERE'S A SHARK!!! Haaaa, ha! I guess pool hustlers and sharks have stigmatized everyone. What can ya do, right?

Beemer

• Global Moderator
Just a heads up, if you've got a radiator shroud, the YAMAHA radiator side covers will not fit. I learned that the hard way.
They will... just need some modification and persuasion

Mine, @hippiebikerchick's, and a few others( that i cant pull out atm) have slightly modified the new shrouds to fit with the EP rad guard

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived