The MT-07 Forum

Riding Jeans.

rowdy

I'm trying to understand Uglybros' non-kevlar riding pants. Are they some form of textile or are they just regular pants with hip and knee armor?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Most of their denim jeans are well constructed premium denim with the pads inserts, but they do have few Kevlar reinforced jeans.
http://uglybros-store.com/product/SHOVEL-K-Reinforced-denim-/020000RG0000042/?main_cate_no=AE000000&display_group=1

I went with the Motorpool version to better suit my daily tasks as well as ride. Rather than wearing basic jeans that I usually wear to work , I can just wear the Motorpool jeans and take out the pads. Oh hey the wife wants to go out to a dinner tonight, no need to change ????

http://uglybros-store.com/product/Motorpool-Black/020000S10000094/?main_cate_no=AE000000&display_group=1

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

+1 for the scorpion covert pro jeans. I've worn them in 90F+ degree days and wasn't uncomfortable. They can get a little toasty at a stop light in the summer heat, but I this is coming from someone who prefers sweating bottles than ever feeling the cold. They also have knee and hip armor pockets as someone else noted.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-covert-pro-jeans

• Premium Member

I wear Diamond Gusset brand kevlar jeans and the Bohn summer style underneath. They fit pretty good together. So far I haven't had to test them out.

Another recommendation for the Scorpion Covert Pro jeans. I don't know if they're any easier to find now, but I had a hard time finding them in stock anywhere. If you have to order them online, I found they run between 1 and 2 sizes small compared to Levi's, but I think others thought they were closer to the same fit.

603nytroxtx

These are not the most popular jeans on the market but after tons of research two years ago I found Resurgence gear. They use a material called "Pekev" vs common aramid fibers (kevlar etc). I absolutely love the pair I have. Comes with soft padding in hips and hard knee protection. They are actually much cooler to ride in than regular jeans because they breath much better. Super comfortable and a great piece of mind. Here is the link to their site. https://www.resurgencegear.com/shop_men.php?IDZ=0-0-0-101-1&lng=en

Why PEKEV ®

PEKEV® has raised the standard in terms of protection. In comparison to aramid fibers, PEKEV® is thinner, lighter, and stronger. In addition PEKEV® is more durable and stable.

PERFORMANCE:
PEKEV® lining is specifically engineered to protect you against impact, abrasions, and lacerations during the few high risk seconds during an accident. It passed the EN 13595-1 test in 10.83 seconds giving it a CE level II (2-two) certification, while the required time to pass this test is 2 seconds for level-1 and 7 seconds for level-2.

DURABILITY - THE FACTS:
Exposure to sunlight, washing, and with time all aramid fibers degrade their protective qualities. PEKEV® on the other hand isn’t affected by UV radiation, bleach, detergents, washing and moisture. We invite you to ride safe, in-style and comfort, day after day after day in motorcycle apparel designed and made by Resurgence using PEKEV®.

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

Archived