The MT-07 Forum

Riding Jeans.

rowdy

• Premium Member

I just picked up some Slider Ace Jeans from Competition Accessories.  They are a good price for a kevlar lined jean and I really like the fit, comfort and look.  They also have a hip pad along with the kevlar lining, and pockets for knee protectors (which I didn't get, but kinda wish I had at $11 a set).  They run big and long though, so not exactly 501 sizing (I had to return 2 pairs of 30x34s for 30x32s).  Really super comfy. Now I'm wishing it would warm up here so I can start using stuff, instead of just buying stuff. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Cmon @rowdy , you cant go raving on about new riding jeans and not show us how great your butt looks in them; because we all know thats what really counts. HAHA ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Cmon @rowdy , you cant go raving on about new riding jeans and not show us how great your butt looks in them; because we all know thats what really counts. HAHA ;)
okay... pictures tomorrow, and be warned...  NSFW! ;) 

I am a fan of Draggin jeans. Wear them when not wearing the stormtrooper outfit.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

pineappleunderthesea
I am a fan of Draggin jeans. Wear them when not wearing the stormtrooper outfit.
I've worn Draggin jeans for the last 3 years, but found out the hard way that your hip will hurt and bruise like heck if you don't have hip protection.  The Draggins don't come with a hip or knee pocket, the only solution is to velcro the protector on the kevlar, which doesn't seem super safe to me.  So I got a pair of the Scorpion Covert Pro jeans which do have hip and knee pocket. 
Of course I could have solved that problem by sewing in some pockets in my Draggins, but that requires work.  But I do like the Draggins, maybe I will get off my butt and sew something in at one point, can't be that hard, right?

Good point PAUT ( exactly WHY is your pineapple under the sea?). Really only wear the jeans for short town trips or when it is WAY too hot to do otherwise. I do like the fit though. Draggin are changing the inside of all the models of their jeans to include a mesh liner which I like ( or so they said at PI in Oct14.
For me their biggest drawback is they don't have decent front pockets to put my wallet. Provided pockets are too shallow.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

I haven't ridden in the Sliders Ace jeans yet (and riding in the heat is months away), and I'm sure they will be a little warmer than straight jeans, but they feel like they will be much cooler than jeans with mesh pants over. The mesh liner and loose fit I think will help.

• Premium Member
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BH73E3U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 
These are on there way but I have these.. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-overlord-riding-jeans and like them. Had to loose a few pounds to fit in my thunder thighs.
I love the look of the overlord jeans and almost bought some.  I found the sliders at a good price so thought I'd give them a try. 

• Premium Member

Okay @mrpuss ... Her you go...
[attachment id=1364" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1365" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1366" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

HAHA and there it is. That man can pose. Thanks @rowdy . :D  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 1 month later...
twowheeladdict

I have had different riding jeans for short rides to the store and such. I found that the more protection they provide, the hotter they are to wear when you are off the bike. I have 12 feet of closet with just riding gear. I prefer one piece riding suits for commuting and touring. Riding jeans and leather jackets when putting around locally. Full leathers when enjoying the curves.

Knee armor is a must. But if the knee area is baggy, they might not do anything for you in the event of a get off. In that case I prefer the ICON field armor knee and shin protection.

2015 FZ-07

I tried some riding jeans awhile back and the knee armor felt hard/uncomfortable against my knees and they flopped around. NO good for protection so I returned them. I'm looking hard at the Bohn mesh pant/jacket now. Does anyone have them? Do you like them?

Beemer

• Premium Member
I tried some riding jeans awhile back and the knee armor felt hard/uncomfortable against my knees and they flopped around. NO good for protection so I returned them. I'm looking hard at the Bohn mesh pant/jacket now. Does anyone have them? Do you like them?

I recently got a pair of Dianese Bonneville pants and they came with some interesting knee armor and the space to put in similar hip armor. CE certified armor and they look like this:

http://www.moto-tour.com.pl/data/include/cms/DAINESE/proshape.jpg

I've been pretty happy with my Bull-It jeans. Comfy, good protection, and they don't have the hard pads in the knees which are murder on my old knees. They do breath and can be drafty in cooler temps.

• Premium Member
I have the bohn cool air pants -- wear them under loose fitting jeans, and they work great.

I have the bohn cool air pants -- wear them under loose fitting jeans, and they work great.
How is the sizing for them? Are they pretty much spot on or do I have to order a size bigger or smaller?

Beemer

• Premium Member
How is the sizing for them? Are they pretty much spot on or do I have to order a size bigger or smaller?
The sizing guide at https://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/sizeguide.php is pretty accurate.  They fit me light tights -- snug -- which is great because nothing moves around.  I was on the border between sizes and ordered the smaller of the two.  Could have gone either way though just as easily.

The sizing guide at https://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/sizeguide.php is pretty accurate.  They fit me light tights -- snug -- which is great because nothing moves around.  I was on the border between sizes and ordered the smaller of the two.  Could have gone either way though just as easily.
Cool, thanks! 

Beemer

ive got a pair of UglyBros Motorpool few days ago. Will post a review shortly

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

• Premium Member
ive got a pair of UglyBros Motorpool few days ago. Will post a review shortly
Those look pretty awesome. Looking forward to the review. 

Archived