The MT-07 Forum

LED small light under headlight

pabogala

What do you guys have replaced the small light that goes under the headlight? I don't like having an awesome LED Cyclops headlight with that yellow little bulb.

• Premium Member

Any 194 / t-10 wedge bulb will do. I bought this one in blue, and when the headlight (cyclops 3800) is fired up it's barely noticeable. Looks great as a runner light (before I fire up the bike) alongside my other auxiliary lighting.

One could also buy bulk bulbs on the cheap from ebay or amazon and whatnot but according to reviews the quality is pure crap.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-9-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/207/#/tab/Specifications

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I got mine off of ebay, it was like a buck for it. Just look for the bulb 194 led and a billon of them show up.

Is there a significant legal danger to running any other color than white?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Yes state law usually doesn't allow for anything other then white or yellow up front

• Premium Member

I have ran Blue and now running cool blue with never being pulled over.
I don't think you can really see the light when the head light is on.

here are a few pictures:
ihYtRwT.jpg

ETdsdiQ.jpg

FkSeyrH.jpg

Stock Head light:
BJ7Trhx.jpg

3Fp35yO.jpg

LED head light:
p4vENMp.jpg
jD5sqYx.jpg

The only reason I took the blue off is because it didn't go well with my DRL scoop lights and headlight.

• Premium Member
Yes state law usually doesn't allow for anything other then white or yellow up front
ryan4130 is correct though the headlight (cyclops3800) completely drowns out the blue. Not an issue. Its just a cool runner light when the bike isnt fired up. Undoubtedly you'll get a different outcome with the much weaker stock light. Cant say how other colours/spectrums will look in conjunction with either headlight.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. At least a cool white or 'JDM' yellow led would look way better than the orange filament bulb

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/15/2016 at 10:13 PM, Goose1072 said:

I have ran Blue and now running cool blue with never being pulled over.
I don't think you can really see the light when the head light is on.

here are a few pictures:
ihYtRwT.jpg

ETdsdiQ.jpg

FkSeyrH.jpg

Stock Head light:
BJ7Trhx.jpg

3Fp35yO.jpg

LED head light:
p4vENMp.jpg
jD5sqYx.jpg

The only reason I took the blue off is because it didn't go well with my DRL scoop lights and headlight.

I really like the scoop lights, how did you do that? 

The 2018 MT has dual parking lights, one on each side of the head light reflector. I’m considering ditching my stock turn signals for some flush mounts but then they can’t be seen from the forward position due to radiator scoops. I want to replace my parking lights with some bright amber led bulbs and then wire them to my turn signals. I think this would look pretty slick once I black out the reflector and install the hid projector. 

Can an anyone tell me if the 2018 uses the same bulb as the 2017 and earlier models? I’m thinking something like this https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Amber-Bright-Lights-Contains/dp/B01A77R6YI/ref=asc_df_B01A77R6YI/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312098740701&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2576942796817061623&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031570&hvtargid=pla-556627015391&psc=1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, RojoRacing said:

The 2018 MT has dual parking lights, one on each side of the head light reflector. I’m considering ditching my stock turn signals for some flush mounts but then they can’t be seen from the forward position due to radiator scoops. I want to replace my parking lights with some bright amber led bulbs and then wire them to my turn signals. I think this would look pretty slick once I black out the reflector and install the hid projector. 

Can an anyone tell me if the 2018 uses the same bulb as the 2017 and earlier models? I’m thinking something like this https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Amber-Bright-Lights-Contains/dp/B01A77R6YI/ref=asc_df_B01A77R6YI/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312098740701&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2576942796817061623&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031570&hvtargid=pla-556627015391&psc=1

I used the new TST industries turn signals on mine and they are more of a low profile blinker but you are able to see them clearly from the front. Screenshot_20181119-181356_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dca3363b77c0b8851bc032a7c4551512.jpg

They have a hyper white running light and are very bright. If you do decide to go the route you were talking about I would love to see some pics

Archived