The MT-07 Forum

Found a set of alternate non-folding footpegs CHEAP .

gregjet

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ebay seller seems to be back in business. I ordered some in gray last night and got a notification that they shipped, so the wait begins...
From what the OP says they took about 2 weeks to arrive.  I look forward to your feedback

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

" gregjet let's see some riding position photos!"
Might be difficult. If I still used my camera phone ( which I don't because the thing has a random orientation problem that no one seems to be able to fix) I could use a selfie stick maybe. Don't have anyone who would take the pics for me.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@gregjet your exhaust sticker still looks good. Mine got all pelted up by rocks I ended up taking it off and ordered new ones.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
" gregjet let's see some riding position photos!" Might be difficult. If I still used my camera phone ( which I don't because the thing has a random orientation problem that no one seems to be able to fix) I could use a selfie stick maybe. Don't have anyone who would take the pics for me.
The gf doesnt love you anymore?
im sorry @gregjet

what about helmet cam or summat?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Don't have a helmet cam. I live way outside of town and don't have any close friends ( well we have a friend who also happens to ride but he is up to his ears running for the city council at the moment) in this town yet. Only moved here 3 years ago and this is one town that is very hard to make friends in. Everybody here is a LOCAL and keeps to themselves, even people we have known since we have been here. Even the Ulysses club here is cliquey ( and they all ride cruisers).
Sally is in Cairns ( 1500km away), so would need a really long telephoto lens.
. Oh yeah and I have NEVER taken a selfie and have no intention of starting.

• Global Moderator
Don't have a helmet cam. I live way outside of town and don't have any close friends ( well we have a friend who also happens to ride but he is up to his ears running for the city council at the moment) in this town yet. Only moved here 3 years ago and this is one town that is very hard to make friends in. Everybody here is a LOCAL and keeps to themselves, even people we have known since we have been here. Even the Ulysses club here is cliquey ( and they all ride cruisers). Sally is in Cairns ( 1500km away), so would need a really long telephoto lens.
. Oh yeah and I have NEVER taken a selfie and have no intention of starting.

Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!!
Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!!
Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!! Selfie!!!!

Other than the MT logo these footrests look identical to the Japanese brand Over Racing footrests which retail around $450.
Maybe they are manufactured in China to Over Racings specs and kind of slipped out the back door! In which case they're a bargain and a great find @gregjet.
No idea about Over Racing quality these days. Years ago, here in Europe, they turned out some exquisitely engineered bikes for the European "supermono" series amongst other things.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-16%20at%2019.56.23.png

515001_c.jpg

mt-07-093.jpg

Certainly look identical. Pretty much par for the course for brands to get stuff manufactured in China and rebranded. The BMW F800R is made in China and the worst part about it is the BMW/Bosch ECU and THAT bit is made in Eurpoe. Santa Cruz carbon mountainbike frames are made in China and are close to unbustable.

Certainly look identical. Pretty much par for the course for brands to get stuff manufactured in China and rebranded. The BMW F800R is made in China and the worst part about it is the BMW/Bosch ECU and THAT bit is made in Eurpoe. Santa Cruz carbon mountainbike frames are made in China and are close to unbustable.
I've visited Carbon Fibre product manufacturers in China and Taiwan for my work. Two of them produce most of the big name Bicycle frames, crash helmets, helicopter rotor blades, aircraft components, etc. Phenomenal attention to detail, technology and, as you'd expect, if you're gonna hang a helicopter from your blades, rigorous quality control.  
Just had to smile to myself as you mentioned the F800R. I had one of them for all of six weeks. It had to go, due to the crappy suspension.
Fast forward a few years and I now own an MT 07 with the exact same problem - bangs head against the wall! 

Front just needed stiffer springs , GVE and a fork oil change. I changed the rear for an Ohlins. Different bike. I just couldn't stand the constant service and error codes. If you change your own oil the service bright yellow light comes on on the dash and cost $100 to get it reset. Never own a BMW again. Used to be enthusiast bikes not for yuppies who don't get their hands dirty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I just finished (kinda), my install of these rearsets, and I ended up with an extra flat head bolt. I was in a hurry, because I was trying to finish yesterday, and a storm rolled in and made me put away everything as fast as I could. The kit had a bag of loose small parts that had broken open, and I got it installed enough, that I thought I could finish tonight before dark. Well, I thought I had it together, and it seems to fit and work, the loose bits had 2 flat head hex bolts in it and I ended up with an extra (the longer of the two). I used the shorter one under the heel guard for the top of the rear rear brake piston. I attached the bottom of the rear brake piston the the lower guard bolt.
Hey @gregjet any ideas?

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

I found a picture that shows the included hardware, The bolt that I can't find a home for is the longer flat head bolt (second from the right).

[attachment id=1496" thumbnail="1]
Here is a link to the ebay sale and pictures (including installed on an FZ).
Can anyone tell me where my extra bolt goes?

Have you put the left side brake caliper on right? the plates and caliper require 3 bolts as the std ones are too short IF I remember right.
Don't forget to loctite everything. The bolts are all a touch loose fit.
I looked at the Yamaha part rearsets and wonder if they are made by the same manufacturer?

• Premium Member

Thanks @gregjet That may have been it. The bottom bolt on the brake piston (also bottom bolt on the kickplate) only had about a 1/4 or so of grab, so I swapped it for the longer leftover bolt. I sill have one extra bolt (the original bottom bolt to the kick plate), but I think it makes sense now. I'm really liking them so far. It just feels more "right" sitting on the bike.  Here's a link to a few pics of mine.

• Global Moderator
Have you put the left side brake caliper on right? the plates and caliper require 3 bolts as the std ones are too short IF I remember right. Don't forget to loctite everything. The bolts are all a touch loose fit.
I looked at the Yamaha part rearsets and wonder if they are made by the same manufacturer?

what do you mean by the yamaha part greg?

The Yamaha packaged rearsets for the MT07 appear to be remarkably similiar to the chinese ones I just bought.

I found a picture that shows the included hardware, The bolt that I can't find a home for is the longer flat head bolt (second from the right). 

The longer c/sunk bolt does double duty...it holds the heel plate thru the lower hole and the master cylinder via the lower hole also. FWIW I ended up with an extra short fat c/sunk bolt :D

• Premium Member

The longer c/sunk bolt does double duty...it holds the heel plate thru the lower hole and the master cylinder via the lower hole also. FWIW I ended up with an extra short fat c/sunk bolt :D
Good to hear.  That's exactly how it worked out for me, so I think we are good. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Just purchased rearsets from Madhornets. I have purchased their levers before and fitment was good. Taking a chance here and hoping for the best.  

[a]http://www.madhornets.com/adjustable-rearsets-foot-rest-peg-rear-set-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-2013-2016-black/[/a][a][/a]
Those look identical to the ebay ones.  I'm really happy with mine.  The brake light switch was kind of a pain to adjust, but other than that, it was a breeze to install.  As been mentioned before... use plenty of blue locktite. :) 

Just purchased rearsets from Madhornets. I have purchased their levers before and fitment was good. Taking a chance here and hoping for the best.  

[a]http://www.madhornets.com/adjustable-rearsets-foot-rest-peg-rear-set-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-2013-2016-black/[/a][a][/a]
Those look identical to the ebay ones.  I'm really happy with mine.  The brake light switch was kind of a pain to adjust, but other than that, it was a breeze to install.  As been mentioned before... use plenty of blue locktite. :)
Quick question, would you recommend these for a 6foot4 rider? and i have clip ons.

• Premium Member
Quick question, would you recommend these for a 6foot4 rider? and i have clip ons.
Not really sure.  I'm 5' 10" and pretty long legs and I like them, but they are higher and further back than stock.  I wish I had measured before I took the old ones off, but I was too eager to put the new ones on so I don't have the numbers for how much further back and up they are. I could do some measurements and post them up when I get a chance, but in the meantime, maybe someone taller can chime in. 

Archived