The MT-07 Forum

Found a set of alternate non-folding footpegs CHEAP .

gregjet

I saw some cheap footpegs on ebay and ordered a set to see what they were like.
This is an update of an older post about some chinese made footpeg assemblies. I purchased them 29/1/16 and got them today. first the add.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361473906610. Remember these are fixed not folding footpegs. If you want folding move on now.

Unpackaged them expecting cheapish but maybe useable for the money and possibly have to mod some things to make them useful.
Big surprise. They Appear to be VERY well made. Satinless fittings ( all of them. stainless and chromed fastenings. The pivots are BEARINGS!. The toe pins on both sides have 3 positions. The footpegs have 4 ( close) adjustment holes. 2 holes for the gear actuator shaft to help change the lever ratio and actuation angle. They come with a supplied replacement to go on the gear actuator shaft with a quality heim joint.
I haven't put them on yet and I will ditch the ankle plates and make some carbon ones.
Total weight as supplied is 1120g.
REMEMBER this is not a FITTING NOR RELIABILITY COMMENT. THESE ARE YET TO BE DETERMINED. But the initial impresstion is very favourable.
Furthur edit.: Stock peg assembly weight 1800g.

EDIT PHOTO ADD:
P2080001.jpg

P2080003.jpg

P2080006.jpg

P2080005.jpg

P2080004.jpg

P2080002.jpg

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes furthur back and up. Fitted them this morning but it's the wet season and haven't been able to ride for weeks.

• Premium Member

Would you say your in a more aggressive riding position? I find I'm slightly to tall so a more aggressive riding position might get rid of my extra leg length.

• Premium Member

Way to go @gregjet ! I originally posted the link for those but wanted to see how they worked for someone before ordering.
Now I go back to the link and it says "This seller is currently away until Feb 12, 2016, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

I'm disappointed. They look great. Please update on the fit, because I put I added them to my wish list. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Position will be more aggressive FOR SOME people. Depends on you upper and lower leg lengths. I have yet to try them but the std pegs give me a cramp in my hip when I first get on. It will be interesting to see if it still does.
NB I have also just put the Woodcraft ( very heavy) "clipons" on. So the body/upper leg angle will be different from stock anyway.

• Premium Member
Position will be more aggressive FOR SOME people. Depends on you upper and lower leg lengths. I have yet to try them but the std pegs give me a cramp in my hip when I first get on. It will be interesting to see if it still does. NB I have also just put the Woodcraft ( very heavy) "clipons" on. So the body/upper leg angle will be different from stock anyway.

I just put my woodcrafts on last week but have not been able to really ride it except around the block to make sure everything felt okay and that cables were properly adjusted. I'm 6'2 and also have hip problems that were long before ever getting the motorcycle. Once you get a chance to really test it out I'd love to get your opinion on them.

I have tested the woodcraft's already ( break in the waether before I got the footpeg ass.).
Position for me is excellent . Load on my palm is much improved. Lowers my shoulders enough to get me almost completely behind my little upper fairing. Control is brilliant. I also got rid of the rubber mounts in the top triple clamp so to input vagueness is completely gone. VERY easy to fit everything back on because the bar pieces rotate so you just locate the distance for the pin holes and line them up with each other.
Down side: VERY heavy. As heavy as the stock bars. Much heavier than steel drag bars and quarter of a kilo heavier than the Renthal ultra lows.
The woodcrafts transmit a buzz which none of the other bars did, even when the others had the solid Al bushes. Not sure why. A little less control on rough surfaces and a little harder to stand up on the pegs.

AlbatrossCafe

The MT logo was etched on by the seller? Or did you do that?
Also, not sure which color scheme you have, but those look a little more blue than "blurple". If you have a blurple model I would be curious if you could verify the color difference/similarity

That laser etching is way more pro than anything I would do. It comes that way.

BTW I have fitted the pegs and I am not overly happy with the included angles of the gear actuator rod.  It is a fair bit off 90 deg. both ends.  I may have to play to get the gear selection smooth.

Ok , Had a longish ride on them today ( about 200km). First. NONE of the threads have any thread lock compound on them. Already had one loosen up. Removed all the bolts and put fresh threadlock on them ( blue). The peg position is a big improvement for me . No initial cramping at all. It is NOT an aggressive position. Proper aggressive position is activation tab of brake and gear, 40 to 100mm behind the swingarm pivot ( height is leg length dependant). These are still in front of the pivot. Still a little unsure about the gearchange actuator rod angles.

Of course I made a setr of carbon heel plates ( couldn't help myself) in place of the heavy Al ones.

P2110008.jpg

P2110007.jpg

• Premium Member
Ok , Had a longish ride on them today ( about 200km). First. NONE of the threads have any thread lock compound on them. Already had one loosen up. Removed all the bolts and put fresh threadlock on them ( blue). The peg position is a big improvement for me . No initial cramping at all. It is NOT an aggressive position. Proper aggressive position is activation tab of brake and gear, 40 to 100mm behind the swingarm pivot ( height is leg length dependant). These are still in front of the pivot. Still a little unsure about the gearchange actuator rod angles. 
Of course I made a setr of carbon heel plates ( couldn't help myself) in place of the heavy Al ones.

P2110008.jpg

P2110007.jpg
Nice feedback @gregjet  The gear actuator rod doesn't look bad in the picture.  Did you have to tweak anything? 

I don't like the included angles. I will have a play at a later date to try and get them sitting a bit squarer. It does have some vague end feel to the up change.

What are the 4 potential footpeg movement distances compared to stock?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Sorry didn't measure them and I have disassembled the stock ones. It is back and up a bit. By rough look up 3cm back 4cm. That is in the lowest and furthurest forward position. 3 more positions are really just fine adjust. Back 1cm, up 1cm and a back AND up 1cm on the position I have them in.

The peg mount holes do look very close to each other. Makes me worry about standing on the pegs and having the hole's sidewall buckle and pegs fall off, along with your feet.... Maybe I am just being paranoid?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I stood up and no problem. If you are really worried put a large thick washer on the inside. That will spread the load. I'd use stainless. Remember though you might have more trouble keeping the pegs done up. That is the usual problem with these centrebolt attachmant pegs.

Haven't had them long enough for any reliability problems of course but comfort wise I like em. I think the coloure will wear pretty quick so silver would possibly be a better choice. And LOCTITE.
Buy or no buy is your call. I am leaving them on for the time being , if that helps.

I guess I will wait for some more feedback for the time being. I agree with the silver color, was thinking it would probably wear the least and look the most OEM/classy. Black would be nice but i've heard that black anodized parts from China usually fade from sun exposure to a brown, poop.

Did you ever try out the included heel guards? I see you made some carbon fiber ones which look pretty neat.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Didn't use the std heel guards. That just wouldn't be me. My mottos of life. "Go forth and modify" and "never do anything tomorrow you can do yesterday".

• Premium Member

The ebay seller seems to be back in business. I ordered some in gray last night and got a notification that they shipped, so the wait begins...

Archived