The MT-07 Forum

Just Committed -- Rapid Red !

coleman67

Well...   I just put down a deposit and committed to purchase a new FZ-07 from a dealer in Clarksville, TN  --  Rapid red, of course !!  They are getting it prepped and I will be picking it up on Saturday.  I hope the weather cooperates --  Very Excited ! 

• Global Moderator

You are going to love it. Rapid red is the best, of course :). Please post photos when you get it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

How exciting! I hope the weather cooperates for you too.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks ! I suppose I am going to have to kick my car out of the garage to make room for my FZ. It's going to look good parked next to my old XS (40 years technology between them, but in many ways quite similar), but it will look even better going down the road with me on it !!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Thanks ! I suppose I am going to have to kick my car out of the garage to make room for my FZ. It's going to look good parked next to my old XS (40 years technology between them, but in many ways quite similar), but it will look even better going down the road with me on it !!

That's what we had to do. Hahahahah The garage started out with two cars in it and now has four bikes. The cages got kicked to the curb where they are sad and dusty.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Cool, just a couple of sleepless nights and you have a brand new FZ-07!!
Fingers crossed for good weather. When I picked mine up, it started raining within 10 minutes. I couldn't be bothered. I was too exited and loved the ride, wet and all. ::)

Well, we did have some scattered rain today, but I picked my new FZ up anyway,making the 85 mile trip home and then some.  I logged about 148 miles on my first ride.  I must say the bike is more than I had expected and hoped for.  It's dirt bike skinny and runs like stink!  I got a few pics this evening and had to get a couple with the old XS.125_0048_zps986b884d.jpg125_0046_zpsb0583900.jpg125_0044_zps214676e2.jpg125_0050_zps44950bfb.jpg

• Global Moderator

Love those pics with the XS. Amazing how similar AND different they are. The old girl seems so small compared to the FZ.

Bike of the week material right there! Congrats and many happy miles !

And if the old XS starts boring you (and I sure it will) I'll take it off your hands just to help you out. I can already see it's taking up space and you won't be using it. just trying to help, like friends do. Just let me know when and where buddy. No problem, pal of mine.

Love those pics with the XS. Amazing how similar AND different they are. The old girl seems so small compared to the FZ.  
Bike of the week material right there! Congrats and many happy miles !

And if the old XS starts boring you (and I sure it will) I'll take it off your hands just to help you out. I can already see it's taking up space and you won't be using it. just trying to help, like friends do. Just let me know when and where buddy. No problem, pal of mine.

I don't know if I'll be getting rid of her anytime soon, guru, but if I do, you get dibs! Both bikes have some similarities such as color, engine configuration and displacement, but with 40 years of technology between the two that's about it. The xs is HEAVY compared to the fz and, of course, there are the performance differences. After a day on the fz, the xs felt 'quaint' and every bit the antique that it is.

oh man you didn't get a red one did you the liquid has 10 extra hp and the painted rear and blue wheels actually create less drag so it the fastest bike of the bunch ah man im so sorry no just kidding  trying to mix it up sorry love the xs its bad assthe gray is not really faster  

Archived