The MT-07 Forum

RevZilla being bought by Cycle Gear?

phicurious86

pineappleunderthesea
Reuters strikes again with bad info! 
So reading between the lines, looks like the new Cyclegear owners desperately wanted the "Revzilla model" to reinvigorate their business--and got it by merging with Revzilla. It'll be interesting to see how the arrangement works out, looks like there's a lot of work to be done to really differentiate Cyclegear from the rest. 

• Premium Member

Glad the rumors were off target. A New Hope rather than Revenge of the Sith

So this is ultimately a merger. Both companies cannot operate independently... They are competitors, and will impact each others bottom line.

3-5 years from now, will it be Cyclezilla, RevGear? PushBiltGearOnlineVideos?

• Premium Member

The real question, which was not answered by Anthony, is: Is someone from the Investment Company JW Childs his boss,
or can Revzilla still operate independently, and call all of the shots. These investment companies number one concern
is how much can you put on the bottom line. I am willing to bet that we will see changes in Revzilla over time that we will not like.
If the former trio of Revzilla owners do not like the changes, they will probably leave the company.

There goes any type of discounted price on quality stuff, they'll replace everything with Bilt/sedici crap.
Was just going to say this, expect the showroom to be all Bilt...

I just read an email from Revzilla, let's hope they stay true to their word and run the companies as sister companies owned by the same owners and don't change much. I love revzilla's reviews and I'm sure they will keep them because of the popularity of them.

pineappleunderthesea

Looking at the Child's website, the president of Cyclegear basically has hopped from company to company, likely no prior experience in motorcycle hardware. She did a good job growing companies, so it could be possible that merging with Revzilla brings her the energy and experience of the Rev team, all the while her numbers will look great if both companies pull this off.

So being "independent" is likely still possible, if the ultimate result is that both companies improve and numbers look great.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a windscreen from revzilla last Friday I think and instead of sender being marked revzilla it is now western power sports so it seems it has begun to take effect.

I ordered a windscreen from revzilla last Friday I think and instead of sender being marked revzilla it is now western power sports so it seems it has begun to take effect.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :( 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :(
If my revzilla stickers changed I am going to riot >.<, Actually im curious as to what has changed in the proces of how reciets and such are given I will post if anything else has changed when I get the package.

booboobusfz07

Hmmmm I'm getting my renthals from revzilla I'll have to check when I get home. I'll let you guys know

The invoice is still from revzilla however I did not receive stickers >.> the box also changed from the cool revzilla box to a ugly wps western power sports box. Alas these are first world problems, but the evidence of the merging has begun.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

I got my tail tidy that I ordered through Revzilla fulfilled by Twisted Throttle about 2 weeks ago.

I got my akrapovic exhaust from revzilla. they taped the stickers to the akrapovic box. It was sent from their fulfillment warehouse here in Las Vegas.

Archived