The MT-07 Forum

Pit Bull #33 Pin Dimensions

alexm963

Can anyone with this pin and a set of calipers get me some measurements? I refuse to spend $20 on something I can make at school or work for free. If it was $10, ok sure. But with shipping it's $20 on revzilla. 

The bottom section is 19mm in diameter and 45.5mm long from the bottom edge to the shoulder. That flange in the middle is 5mm thick with the bottom section bevelled and the top flat.

The flange is 28mm in diameter.

The top section (where it goes into the stem) is 20.25mm diameter and 34.4mm in length from the top to the flat top of the flange.

The cross hole is 5.5mm diamter and 15.5 mm up from the bottom.

I'd say my old calipers and my older eyes are doing OK. The bevel is correct. It faces down into the stand. The fatter diameter part and the flat of that flange poke up into the bike. 

get that lathe goin'

Turns out the pipe used for a shower head is the correct size to make a sleeve:

shower_arm_pipes.jpg

I happened to have one left over from a new shower diverter kit.  Swapped it with an old one that had tarnished over time.  Cut it to length and cross drilled for a 5/32" roll pin.  A washer with 17mm ID would work as well.

dsc00002.jpg

dsc00003.jpg

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

The pin hole diameter depends on the stand your using. The pitbull pin hole was too small for the venom stand pin and I had to drill it out a little.

You should make a few, I'm sure a couple users could use them.

• Premium Member

You don't have to drill the pit bull pin for the venom stand. You can just allow it to bottom out to the shank shoulder and it will be fine. I've been doing that and it's not going to come out of the hole nor hurt the stand.

You don't have to drill the pit bull pin for the venom stand. You can just allow it to bottom out to the shank shoulder and it will be fine. I've been doing that and it's not going to come out of the hole nor hurt the stand.
I suspect that's also true with the pitbull stand. Where's it gonna go with all that weight pushing it down. I think it;s just there to keep it from falling out while moving the stand. 

• Premium Member

Pretty much. You're fine using the pin without drilling it. I do it all the time on my venom stand and it's solid. The venom stand is great too. Lifts the front with ease.

Archived