The MT-07 Forum

Motodynamics taillight and blinkers?

churchxd

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Those are wired fine. I used 3 LEDs per leg instead of 4 so I needed a resistor. With 4 its amount perfect and no need for a resistor. Really with 4 wired in its good until 14 volts or so. At 12 its just a bit under powered.

Here is a picture of a set of doubles. Red and Amber. Boy were those a pain to make.

c9b7e837035c5c0df45548b41fbcede2.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
wickedtwister
5262377fb3447109c7849120d48e5d12.jpg

Here is a total of 9 LEDs wired in daylight. 12 will make a nice bright turn signal.

I wired up 18 per side for one member. And holy crap were those bright.

• Global Moderator
5262377fb3447109c7849120d48e5d12.jpg 
Here is a total of 12 LEDs wired in daylight. Makes a nice bright turn signal.

I wired up 24 per side for one member. And holy crap were those bright.

How did you get the 24 to fit? Got any pics?
im making another set, that sounds like a fun project at least

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

Oh.... so your brake/signal combo in nust signal?
Still might be fun

what did you use to attach the LEDs and how did you get it to look so neat

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I have a set that has 18 per side wired up. Thinking of doing a daytime runner, brake, and turn. All in red. Not sure yet but definitely be brake and turn.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Oh.... so your brake/signal combo in nust signal? Still might be fun

Lost track were you asking me lol. I used a small drill bit so LEDs were almost press fit in. I had a screwdriver that i turned down to proper diameter to fit back of led to help push it into place. I also have a jig that I made to get spacing perfect. I had lots of practice on those things... my wrist hurts thinking about it.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
I was actually considering 28, gonna be brighter then my headlight
No need in my opinion. 9 per side is plenty bright in daylight. I had to take my bike to the DMV and the lady doing the inspection commented on how bright they were.

• Global Moderator
Oh.... so your brake/signal combo in nust signal? Still might be fun

Lost track were you asking me lol. I used a small drill bit so LEDs were almost press fit in. I had a screwdriver that i turned down to proper diameter to fit back of led to help push it into place. I also have a jig that I made to get spacing perfect. I had lots of practice on those things... my wrist hurts thinking about it.
Acrylic jig im guessing?

• 1 month later...
b7d6aad96ec87b23bc773e230ebc0bd0.jpgbe20df58c8e26a96ea40fb50663868f6.jpg3578834bec06b5483ad08880a9fc9111.jpg
I went with led strips myself. I seen this around before and found the strips to be less labor intensive, cheaper, cleaner and just as bright. IMO

Bucaro_FZ07

which strips did you use for your project @fzaz84 ? are you using them just as Running lights or using them also as turn signals?

which strips did you use for your project @fzaz84 ? are you using them just as Running lights or using them also as turn signals?
I purchased them from eBay. 2" led strips. I wanted amber but the seller said that yellow were as close to amber and they even came with smoked water resistant type gel over the LEDs. I just use them as turn signals because i wanted to get rid of all the extra pizzaz and keep with a minimalistic look that the bike already has!

cookfreeordie89

I purchased them from eBay. 2" led strips. I wanted amber but the seller said that yellow were as close to amber and they even came with smoked water resistant type gel over the LEDs. I just use them as turn signals because i wanted to get rid of all the extra pizzaz and keep with a minimalistic look that the bike already has!

Would you happen to have a link, I can't seem to find the ones you have

• Global Moderator

You shouldnt have to add resistors unless you want to sloa the blink rate back to stock.
There is also the option of LED relays available from several places (revzilla, cyclegear, customLED, etc)

No resistors or flash relay. I was thinking about it but eh... I'm ok with it for now. I might change my mind later, who knows!

Great! Thanks for taking the time to post this.  Nice clean job too.  
Im a bit of a noob with this DIY lighting; what style/version of led did you use?

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CP42B-RKS-CL0P0AA4/CP42B-RKS-CL0P0AA4-ND/1922952 And you need a 15ohm resistor long story short. For the whole thing. :confused:
Can you go into more details as why and where you added the resistor?

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CP42B-RKS-CL0P0AA4/CP42B-RKS-CL0P0AA4-ND/1922952 And you need a 15ohm resistor long story short. For the whole thing. :confused:
Can you go into more details as why and where you added the resistor?
The resistor helps lower the voltage so you don't overload your leds. If I added 2 more leds to each series I wouldn't worry about a resistor.

Archived