The MT-07 Forum

Akra carbon or Akra ti

churchxd

I've been looking into getting the Akra Ti with custom airbox/filter and PCV controller (who team with Akrapovik). I sent an email to Akra via Disqus and got this:

Most of us here really feel the Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust is the best option for the FZ-07, as it provides a fuller sound without being obnoxious. Additionally, the Akrapovic does not require a fuel controller re-tune, so you can save money there. If you feel you want to play around with the tuning in the future, well then you could get a fuel controller, but again, it's not required for the Akrapovic. -DrewZilla

I've been looking into getting the Akra Ti with custom airbox/filter and PCV controller (who team with Akrapovik). I sent an email to Akra via Disqus and got this: 
Most of us here really feel the Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust is the best option for the FZ-07, as it provides a fuller sound without being obnoxious. Additionally, the Akrapovic does not require a fuel controller re-tune, so you can save money there. If you feel you want to play around with the tuning in the future, well then you could get a fuel controller, but again, it's not required for the Akrapovic. -DrewZilla
Is this with both the akra carbon and the akra ti?

I'm really trying to decide between the 2. You save about $160 getting the carbon. And I could put that towards a ecu flash. I guess i really just want to know if the akra titanium is worth the extra money?

For me, yes.
I liked the look of the tucked can.
Not sure any performance gains.
Not crazy about the sound with the db killer in and it is LOUD AF with it out. However, after I cut the inside portion of the db killer off, it is almost perfect.

I guess it just depends on which one you like better?

"I guess i really just want to know if the akra titanium is worth the extra money?"

I don't think it can be argued that they're both great performance pipes so it really comes down to looks, sound and price and what your heart says. Don't cheat yourself. Which one makes your heart race more than the others? If equal I would suggest the cheaper of the two and get an ECU flash like you mentioned. That's sorta what I did and I'm very happy with my combination of Akra CF pipe, K&N air filter and Dobeck EJK fuel controller. I would get an ECU flash also but I have to pop $5560 (O.O.P.) for dental work later today. :P

Beemer

pineappleunderthesea

I got the Akra Carbon because I like the way it looked better than the Ti. Plain and simple. And with the money I saved, I'm getting an ECU flash. As for how they sound, there are various threads going around, but they seem to be very close, the Ti might sound a little deeper. You can go on the Akrapovic website to hear sound clips of the two, here is a link to the Carbon and a link to the Titanium

"I guess i really just want to know if the akra titanium is worth the extra money?" 

I don't think it can be argued that they're both great performance pipes so it really comes down to looks, sound and price and what your heart says. Don't cheat yourself. Which one makes your heart race more than the others? If equal I would suggest the cheaper of the two and get an ECU flash like you mentioned. That's sorta what I did and I'm very happy with my combination of Akra CF pipe, K&N air filter and Dobeck EJK fuel controller. I would get an ECU flash also but I have to pop $5560 (O.O.P.) for dental work later today. :P

Sorry about the teeth that's the worst! But thanks for the input. I really wish there was somewhere that I could hear them both in person :(

I got the Akra Carbon because I like the way it looked better than the Ti. Plain and simple. And with the money I saved, I'm getting an ECU flash. As for how they sound, there are various threads going around, but they seem to be very close, the Ti might sound a little deeper. You can go on the Akrapovic website to hear sound clips of the two, here is a link to the Carbon and a link to the Titanium
Thanks for the sound clips, I didn't see those when I was creeping there website. I just have a feeling they don't sound the same in real life ha :confused:

The snail pipe exhaust is lighter. I like the loop but that's just me. I really like the sound with the killer in. PCV's ( I think) graphs for the carbon show a miniscule power DROP with it OUT, but it is not really relevant unless you are racing.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

AlbatrossCafe

Carbon is cheaper, offers similar gains, weighs less, sounds similar, and the biggest is that it doesn't look like a leech/tapeworm like the TI does. Plus it fits with more aftermarket belly pans/skidplates and what not since it does not hang so much under the bike (if you are into that). Also it is easier to take the muffler on/off if you needed to do that for whatever reason (e.g. taking out/replacing the baffle).

You don't "need" a tune after replacing your bike with either exhaust - I ran the Carbon for a month without any tuning and it was perfectly fine. But it certainly helps if you decide to get the PCV or you are like me and just get an ECU flash.

On the "sound" note let me just say you will be happy with either one - I guarantee it P-)

http://i.imgur.com/h1YV5Zn.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8j8WVD.jpg

• Premium Member
No I live in utah :(
I'm in Taylorsville, UT and I have the Ti with DB killer in. You are welcome to come hear it.

Why can't left turners see us?

No I live in utah :(
I'm in Taylorsville, UT and I have the Ti with DB killer in. You are welcome to come hear it.

Awe, man I should have! I live in Ogden. But I got excited at work today and ended up ordering the carbon of amazon ha (damn one click buy). But when it warms up we should to a meet up sum where!

If you ever consider lower footpegs for your FZ-07, the Akra-Ti is tucked-in better so your right heal won't find the can when standing on the pegs. The Akra-Carbon & most other cans protrude too much. Your heal will be on the can when you stand on the pegs (balls of the feet). Even stock exhaust sticks out too much.

Just another view,

Catfish ...

Archived