The MT-07 Forum

February Meetup

sorkyah

• Global Moderator

The last weekend turnout wasn't all that great. (myself and @So1102)

Figured I would try making it a monthly thing since it's starting to warm up a bit. 

@xcarbonsteelx , @fzaz84 , @conejo , @phicurious86 , @ryanfz07 , @fzyurkoc , @jcop , @jasonaz1
Lets hear some suggestions that might be a bit easier for people to attend. 

The more the merrier, all bikes/people welcome. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

As long as it doesn't interfere with CrossFit or school I'm down. Don't care where at.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

There's a pretty great chilaquiles place in Flagstaff. Martanne's or something.

• Global Moderator

Chilaquiles?
I love food... always up for trying new things

As long as it doesn't interfere with CrossFit or school I'm down. Don't care where at.
I was thinking the last sunday of the month since very few people work/have school on sundays

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

The 28th looks good for me. I'll put it on my calendar.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

Need some more people to chime in here
so far looks like 4 people?

• Premium Member

I also realize a Flag trip is a bit of a time investment. Totally open to other options, though I've got a preference for going North.

Prescott Brewing Company has some solid brews (might be other places worth checking out there too, but I've only ever been to the brewery). There's a solid little Mexican restaurant in Camp Verde.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
Just a reminder that this is coming up in a week.
So far looks like you me and @xcarbonsteelx and possibly @So1102 and still no firm decisions on where to go...

480-788-1288
text me if you guys think of somethin

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Thanks for the reminder @sorkyah! Totally forgot about this. Sunday is still looking good for me. I'm planning on installing the Woodcraft clip-ons Wednesday so this will give me a chance to get on a good ride with them.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

My new suggestion is that ride up to Camp Verde and eat at a solid little Mexican joint right off the 17, or drive a little into Verde and eat at the Verde Brewery. Being a sort of pescatarian I prefer the Mexican joint, but I can find something tasty to eat at either place.

After we eat we take route 87 back to Phoenix to get some more scenic riding in.

Time spent riding should be around 4 hours.

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/CFK49C2g8XL2

Mexican - http://www.yelp.com/biz/gabrielas-taco-shop-and-fresh-garden-salsa-camp-verde?search_key=16636

Brewery - http://www.yelp.com/biz/verde-brewing-company-camp-verde?search_key=16636

• Premium Member

I'm gonna have to pass -- big work deadline on Monday and it looks like I'll be working this weekend to meet it.

• Premium Member
I'm gonna have to pass -- big work deadline on Monday and it looks like I'll be working this weekend to meet it.
Boo work. We know you'd rather be riding. I'll drink an extra beer for you.

• Global Moderator

Seconded @phicurious86
working a half day saturday.... fine
sunday....thats a nono

zhou comez witf us komrade

• Global Moderator
My new suggestion is that ride up to Camp Verde and eat at a solid little Mexican joint right off the 17, or drive a little into Verde and eat at the Verde Brewery. Being a sort of pescatarian I prefer the Mexican joint, but I can find something tasty to eat at either place.  
After we eat we take route 87 back to Phoenix to get some more scenic riding in.

Time spent riding should be around 4 hours.

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/CFK49C2g8XL2

Mexican - http://www.yelp.com/biz/gabrielas-taco-shop-and-fresh-garden-salsa-camp-verde?search_key=16636

Brewery - http://www.yelp.com/biz/verde-brewing-company-camp-verde?search_key=16636
@xcarbonsteelx
Whered ya guys wanna meet up for the start point?

• Premium Member

Which leaves us with a meet time.

Will take ~hour to get to Gabriela's or 80 minutes to get to the brewery. Figure about ~15 minutes to get our bearings at the gas station. So 10:30 meet and be on the road by 10:50?

• Global Moderator
Which leaves us with a meet time.  
Will take ~hour to get to Gabriela's or 80 minutes to get to the brewery. Figure about ~15 minutes to get our bearings at the gas station. So 10:30 meet and be on the road by 10:50?
Works for me

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Just making sure we are meeting at the chevron on 19th Abe and bell and not the one in the link on 91st and olive.

@sorkyah @phicurious86

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
Just making sure we are meeting at the chevron on 19th Abe and bell and not the one in the link on 91st and olive.  
@sorkyah @phicurious86
Yes... the link was shortened
19th and bell

• Premium Member

Nice ride today fellas. I'll try to get a couple short videos thrown together this week from some of the footage.

• Global Moderator

Nice ride today fellas. I'll try to get a couple short videos thrown together this week from some of the footage.

cant wait
im interested to see how stupid i look from behind on the fizzy

Archived