The MT-07 Forum

New FZ-07 owner SF Bay Area

jchin3081

Hi Everyone,

Just picked up a 2016 FZ-07 (I think the color is matte silver, but I describe it as the R1 color scheme) this afternoon. Great impressions of the bike so far and I can't wait until break-in period is over. Had plenty of bikes including a CBR600, GSXR750, Tracked R1, Ninja 300 and also an R3 plus a bunch more throughout the years. This will be my first naked and no windscreen bike though. I look forward to searching this forum for valuable information and hopefully get ideas for my own bike or sharing my ideas with you.  Thanks!!!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome @jchin3081 ! Thanks for joining, we love to ride naked here! Put your pin on our member map so we can find you.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome San Fran here!!!
I'm also located in the SF/Daly City area. Maybe we'll see each other around. If you see a Matte Silver/blurple with CRG arrow mirrors, Woodcraft clip-ons (getting installed next week) and LED turn signals, that might be me.

Welcome San Fran here!!!
I'm also located in the SF/Daly City area. Maybe we'll see each other around. If you see a Matte Silver/blurple with CRG arrow mirrors, Woodcraft clip-ons (getting installed next week) and LED turn signals, that might be me.
I found a red fz07 at dc century 21 yestorday, while going to see deadpool. We should meet up and ride sum time. 

I just got back from my first Napa ride with this bike. That's a ride people in the bay area should meet up for. This bike is definitely not made for twisties, but it's a nice ride. And a place to get some yummy greasy food along the way lol

I just got back from my first Napa ride with this bike. That's a ride people in the bay area should meet up for. This bike is definitely not made for twisties, but it's a nice ride. And a place to get some yummy greasy food along the way lol
sounds you setting up a meet up, im done if someone wants to organize the ride. Im free sundays! 

Lol I'm down, but I have I tight schedule. If I come up with a date, I'll post it. If someone else wants to come up with one, do it! ☺

Here's the Napa ride, I only did about a quarter of the full ride.  I'm for sure down to get some people together to go out one of these days!

(Don't mind the corny music, I didn't realize how loud the wind was on the external mic so I needed something in its place)

The FZ-07 is for sure not made for twisties.  Felt like I was scraping peg too early in the lean and the rear being pretty squirrely was kinda unnerving, BUT it was a VERY comfortable and fun ride nevertheless :).  I'm just spoiled racing through these twisties on my R1. 

I'm down for a meet-up (guess just comes down to when). Cars and Coffee at treasure island last week would have been perfect, maybe the next one. I just helped pick up a r6 for my friend and have been helping him get comfortable with riding. It would be great to introduce him to people in the bike scene.

• Premium Member

Lol I'm down, but I have I tight schedule. If I come up with a date, I'll post it. If someone else wants to come up with one, do it! ☺ 

Here's the Napa ride, I only did about a quarter of the full ride.  I'm for sure down to get some people together to go out one of these days!

(Don't mind the corny music, I didn't realize how loud the wind was on the external mic so I needed something in its place)

The FZ-07 is for sure not made for twisties.  Felt like I was scraping peg too early in the lean and the rear being pretty squirrely was kinda unnerving, BUT it was a VERY comfortable and fun ride nevertheless :).  I'm just spoiled racing through these twisties on my R1. 

@caliesv - I have been on this road before (in your video), it starts near Solano College, and takes you all the way to lake berryessa (HWY 121 & 128), it is a nice ride up all the way to the bridge , or down all the way to Vacaville dam.
If you would setup another ride there, I might be interested in riding with you (assuming I don't have family obligations on that day).

Yeah that's the ride I'm going to try and set up. We can meet in Vallejo (assuming people are coming from the sf area) then ride up around the lake.

• Premium Member

OK, I'm going to set up a ride this coming sat. I'll get the times and meeting places early next week.

@caliesv- You should keep an eye on the weather too for that Saturday, so far it shows a 40% chance of rain, but things might change by the end of the week .

Archived