The MT-07 Forum

Reasonable price for a new 2015 Fz-07?

i28

• Premium Member

(EDIT: I ended up buying the bike a couple of weeks after this post.)

I've been following this forum this past month and It's been fun learning from all of you. Thanks, Guys!

So here's my first post: 
I've been looking to get a brand new FZ-07 as a first bike sometime next month. I live in Los Angeles and I've heard of people getting them for about 7400 OTD around here and, since there is no difference between the 2016's and 2015's besides color (correct me if I'm wrong), what would be a fair OTD price for a new 2015 FZ-07? (Dealers are advertising the 2015's around the 6K mark now so I figure that I should save about $1000 dollars)

Lastly, anything else that I should consider before looking at the 2015's instead of 2016s?

• Global Moderator

While I cannot talk to the pricing in your area I do know the only difference between the 2015 and 2016 is the color. If you like the 2015 colors then I would go with that, especially if you can get a discount on one. 

• Premium Member

thanks for the reply. the white looks beautiful in my opinion so that's what i'll probably end up with

• Premium Member

Even then, if you save 1,000 bucks, you can buy whatever 2016 panels you like for 200 or less. Or pay for a pro paint job at a similar pricepoint.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

hobbs - I don't even want the 2016 panels. I was initially considering getting the 2016 and putting the 2015 white panels on it but that was before I found out nothing was changed between the two.
Works out even better for me. I'm sure that the dealers are in no rush to get the 2016's out but they'll be happy to get rid of the 15's at a decent price.

• Global Moderator
hobbs - I don't even want the 2016 panels. I was initially considering getting the 2016 and putting the 2015 white panels on it but that was before I found out nothing was changed between the two. Works out even better for me. I'm sure that the dealers are in no rush to get the 2016's out but they'll be happy to get rid of the 15's at a decent price.
Not necessarily
alot of the dealers ive spoken to still have the 15s for suggested msrp

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I should have mentioned that I've seen at least 3 dealers in my area offer the 2015 for $5990 or so. The only problem is having to contact all the dealers to figure out their actual OTD price.
The MSF course this weekend so I'm just taking it one step at a time.

• 1 month later...

@i2837856393

Hey man, I recently purchased a new 2015 FZ-07 in pearl white the day before Valentine's day a few weeks back. I live in Los Angeles too, more specifically in the valley. I really wanted that pearl white color from 2015 and unfortunately only Yamaha BMW of Hollywood happened to have one in stock. I ended up shopping around a bit for competitive prices but they were all similar enough. Perhaps a difference of 600 bucks total? I paid $7900 for mine OTD with the Y.E.S. 5yr extended warranty included. I'd like to have paid a bit less, but I had to suck it up for the color my heart really wanted haha. Personally, I would not buy again from that dealership as they really dont seem to care about the customer as soon as the purchase is done. I didn't even take mine back for the first 600 service mile, they left such a ehhhh feeling. I'd say check out Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth if youre looking for a solid deal on the FZ-07. I heard someone else say they got theirs for 7200 OTD. Plus the guys there are really cool and super easy to work with for deals. Let's ride sometime if you get the bike!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

oh man... this is such an old post...
I ended up shopping around and getting the 2015 FZ-07 in red. I wanted the white originally but the dealer only had red and something it grew on me and I like it more than white at the moment. I got it for 7050 OTD with just the 1 year warranty(on Feb 12, I believe).
I wasn't crazy attitude of the wheels in motion guys (not that they treated me badly) and they quoted me about 7200 when I had asked so I didn't even go back after to see if they could beat the quote for $7050 from another nearby dealer. I also liked the other dealer more because I had just walked in to ask for a price and it was obvious I wasn't planning to buy anything at that moment but the guy was really helpful and even answered a few general questions for me without trying to get rid of me.
I'd definitely be interested in riding sometime! My only problem is that this is my first bike and lately work has been kicking my ass and I've got no time to go practice down the block in the empty parking lot.
I've only ridden my bike once since I got it. Can't wait til spring break and summer.
Let's keep in touch though. I'll send you my number.

New is nice but buy used and save thousands. Use those thousands to buy mods or better gear. Lots of barely used 07's on LA craigslist for under $6000.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
New is nice but buy used and save thousands. Use those thousands to buy mods or better gear. Lots of barely used 07's on LA craigslist for under $6000.

I agree. At the time I got mine I didn't know much about bikes so I didn't know what to check when getting a used one. I went with the piece of mind of getting a new bike. In the future, as I learn, I wouldn't mind getting a different used bike.

I agree. At the time I got mine I didn't know much about bikes so I didn't know what to check when getting a used one. I went with the piece of mind of getting a new bike. In the future, as I learn, I wouldn't mind getting a different used bike.
My bad. I didnt read that you got one new.  When i got mine it was also new, so I understand the yearning for a new bike.  Enjoy

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I just sold mine today for $5900. Mint condition, grey and blurple, 1700 miles. Dude even bought my jacket and gloves for another $100. Time to go shopping!

twowheeladdict
I just sold mine today for $5900. Mint condition, grey and blurple, 1700 miles. Dude even bought my jacket and gloves for another $100. Time to go shopping!
I only paid a couple hundred over that for a new '15 back in January. I really wanted the graphite and blurple. I could have got red or white for less. 

2015 FZ-07

• 1 month later...
@i2837856393 
Hey man, I recently purchased a new 2015 FZ-07 in pearl white the day before Valentine's day a few weeks back. I live in Los Angeles too, more specifically in the valley. I really wanted that pearl white color from 2015 and unfortunately only Yamaha BMW of Hollywood happened to have one in stock. I ended up shopping around a bit for competitive prices but they were all similar enough. Perhaps a difference of 600 bucks total? I paid $7900 for mine OTD with the Y.E.S. 5yr extended warranty included. I'd like to have paid a bit less, but I had to suck it up for the color my heart really wanted haha. Personally, I would not buy again from that dealership as they really dont seem to care about the customer as soon as the purchase is done. I didn't even take mine back for the first 600 service mile, they left such a ehhhh feeling. I'd say check out Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth if youre looking for a solid deal on the FZ-07. I heard someone else say they got theirs for 7200 OTD. Plus the guys there are really cool and super easy to work with for deals. Let's ride sometime if you get the bike!
hey man I'm in the valley too. Hopefully when I get my bike we can ride sometime

Awesome man. Do what you gotta do to get the fz brotha! When you finally get one feel free to shoot me a PM. I've met up with a few fz riders here around the valley @fz

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Archived