The MT-07 Forum

Rolex 24 at Daytona

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

Went down to Florida for the Rolex 24.....awesome race right down to the wire...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBbZZ1NFwUw

scordiaboy515
It was! I just got back myself. Still recovering, lol. 
:)

- Paulie
  Awesome Paulie!  I will be headin back in Nov for the Classic 24 Hours of Daytona...love the vintage stuff....brings back lot's of memories watching those air cooled RSR's when I was a young lad :D 

scordiaboy515
You guys were there as crew or just watching the race?
I was watching....from 2002-04 I worked for G&W Motorsports, which was a IMSA team back in the day. 

Cool! Did the open wheel thing for years including Indycar. Got out in 2008 to move in Florida to work as a Gbox guy for a DP team. Did Daytona with a GT3 in 2009 then got out of racing after a rough year. Did few weekend warrior gig since... Sebring 12hrs twice, Petit LeMans. Miss racing but not really.

About done restauring a Porsche 962, should be in Sebring this year for the 12 hrs. The car won back in 85 or 86... with 3 wheels left on it LOL (no joke)

scordiaboy515
Cool! Did the open wheel thing for years including Indycar. Got out in 2008 to move in Florida to work as a Gbox guy for a DP team. Did Daytona with a GT3 in 2009 then got out of racing after a rough year. Did few weekend warrior gig since... Sebring 12hrs twice, Petit LeMans. Miss racing but not really.  
About done restauring a Porsche 962, should be in Sebring this year for the 12 hrs. The car won back in 85 or 86... with 3 wheels left on it LOL (no joke)
Do you by any chance work for Kevin Jeannette??? Gunnar Racing?.........way cool, I miss it but I don't also....rough way to make a living. I was at Sebring in 1987 and watched Bobby Rahal win driving the Budweiser 962 car

scordiaboy515
No I don't. But he did a lot of work for us. Great guy...
Is the 962 yours? or your doing the resto and crewing the car 

The car is not mine. Helping out a friend doing the restauration. Hurting my bach king of fk me over this pass 2 months but I should be able to make it to Sebring. Are you local? Jupiter here...

scordiaboy515

I live in lynchburg, VA.....I lived in Danville when I worked for G&W....which was at the Raceplex at VIR.  I love that place....that's where I do most of my track days.  When I was a kid the lived in Boca Raton FLa. back in the 70's, then Vero Beach in the 80's.  When I retire would like to move back.  BTW....that Picchio DP was a piece of SH*T!.... :D

Archived