Sign in to follow this  
higdonion

finished product photos!

username
Great job on the cage it looks great. I think you will find some customers on this site for sure. What does the tig welded one look like? I noticed it was more expensive than the painted ones you offer.

higdonion
OUNFMzEwM0Y1OUM2NTJBMEY5NDI6NWRkMTFmZDk1ZDI5OWRkYzQwMDZkZGM5ZThlODk4ZDA6Ojo6OjA=
It's a brushed finished then tig welded a second time for color with a clear powder coat. It's just far more labor intensive. 
  • Like 2

higdonion
I SO wish it was blurple... anyone good at photoshop? lol 
Looks great. I like the sport tires in an adventure setting ;)
I'll have a blurple one done and ready for photos soon. Probably next week. 
  • Like 1

motomeek
[attachment id=1304" thumbnail="1]

You're welcome  :D
  • Like 3

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

churchxd
Dude if you made that clear coat one out of stainless it would look amazing!

zombiphone
Seriously love everything about this. I wish it would work in conjunction with my hepco becker engine guards, but they use the same mounting point up front. So effing cool though!

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

higdonion

You're welcome  :D
Nice! 

cndnmax
These look pretty good, much better than I thought when I first saw them. I wonder if you could jam in one of the cylinder sliders at the front engine mount.

bigity
I really want this and the price is no problem. Two questions.

I want it for stunt purposes. Is a belly pan really beneficial for stunting, seems like that's more of an off-road thing...?

Also, the clearance between the pan and exhaust has me concerned. Is there a way to determine that it works with the different exhausts?

Edit: also, do you have a picture of the optional sliders?

And do you have pics of it in white? :)

Beemer
That looks real nice! If I had an adventure bike that was more prone to be dropped/banged up on dirt roads I would definitely get one. that would be the sh*t on an FZ-09.

Beemer

Mr.Puss
A very fine bit of craftsmanship!

Any chance of a few close-up shots of the belly pan construction?

What are the space tolerances for area around the exhaust pipes as I have a full aftermarket system (yoshimura r77 full SS).  Clearance for the "can" is not an issue but Im not sure if the new pipes sit lower than OEM.

Thanks very much!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Allan
The pre-order period ended, right?I figured it would look great, but I wanted to see finished pics, so I held off on purchasing. I see these now though and I'm sold.

jeepinbassist
So I really like the cage and the price is great but I don't really understand the need for the belly pan. Is there any chance there might be a version more like the zues armor cage in the works? A little more bulky and protruding?
  • Like 1

higdonion
These look pretty good, much better than I thought when I first saw them. I wonder if you could jam in one of the cylinder sliders at the front engine mount.

Not sure I understand the question, I'm pretty confident you'll never shove that mount into the motor if that's what you're asking. The cage would hit much lower then that and it's more of a downward pull on the Mount than pushing in.

higdonion
That looks real nice! If I had an adventure bike that was more prone to be dropped/banged up on dirt roads I would definitely get one. that would be the sh*t on an FZ-09.

You are correct the skid is more for bumping the ground but it also helps tranfer the load from one side to the other. I may in the future make a stunt cage for the bike I just feel that market is pretty saturated. I will have photos very soon of a cage with added sliders. I have not had anyone ever order a white one yet so I don't have anything on that yet either.
  • Like 1

higdonion
A very fine bit of craftsmanship!  
Any chance of a few close-up shots of the belly pan construction?

What are the space tolerances for area around the exhaust pipes as I have a full aftermarket system (yoshimura r77 full SS).  Clearance for the "can" is not an issue but Im not sure if the new pipes sit lower than OEM.

Thanks very much!

Thank you! I will get some close up shots up soon, there isn't a lot of extra room under there, it's a fine line between losing ground clearance and leaving space for flex in the cage. I have a policy that if you have aftermarket exhaust and it does not fit I'll give a full refund or fix the problem. It's really the only way for me to learn what does and does not work.
  • Like 2

higdonion
The pre-order period ended, right?I figured it would look great, but I wanted to see finished pics, so I held off on purchasing. I see these now though and I'm sold.

Yes there in production now. The 20$ off code is still there though and I'll leave that be for now. I understand holding off. Thanks!
  • Like 1

higdonion
So I really like the cage and the price is great but I don't really understand the need for the belly pan. Is there any chance there might be a version more like the zues armor cage in the works? A little more bulky and protruding?

This really came straight from my style of riding and how I've treated my bikes over the years. Usually ending up in the dirt a little or jumping over curbs or medians. Maybe in the future I'll make a more stunt style set up, 2 requests let's me know there is a need.

cndnmax
Not sure I understand the question, I'm pretty confident you'll never shove that mount into the motor if that's what you're asking. The cage would hit much lower then that and it's more of a downward pull on the Mount than pushing in.

I meant the cylinder style sliders like the OES ones, they mount in the same front engine mount that the cage does.

higdonion
I meant the cylinder style sliders like the OES ones, they mount in the same front engine mount that the cage does.

Oh! I don't think so.. hole is way smaller now but if requested it would take about 2 minutes to make a delrin puck to slip in there.

Allan
I would rather a stunt style too tbh
  • Like 1

higdonion
I would rather a stunt style too tbh

3... note taken I'll jump on it.