The MT-07 Forum

SEDICI leather jackets??

pabogala

I have sedici cold weather water proof pants. Love them. I can ride in 30° weather or in the rain comfortably. But some of their stuff got bad reviews. Just read up on what you buy before you buy them.

I've had my icon leather jacket since 2004. Finally had to replace the zipper. Lol

Yeah and their stuff has a lifetime warranty too. Pretty dope. Their return is nice too. Just make sure you don't take off any tags or anything till you're ready to keep it

Yeah and their stuff has a lifetime warranty too. Pretty dope. Their return is nice too. Just make sure you don't take off any tags or anything till you're ready to keep it

I couldn't get any sales person to confirm that they had a lifetime warranty so YMMV.

• Global Moderator

Website states it... and ive got experience with their gloves.... damn seams wont stay together for me
just bring the item in and they'll exchange it in store for you or they will order the piece if it isnt stocked

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I would highly suggest reading up on different leather and fabric qualities/grades as there are many. Just because its "leather" doesnt mean it makes for gear you can trust your flesh and life to.

For what its worth, based on extensive research Ive done, a good majority of leather MC gear is complete crap... Just my humble opinion.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Having worked at cyclegear, I personally wouldn't even consider wearing any of their house brands. So many broken zippers and frayed seams before they even left the shelf. If that's in your price range, maybe consider getting something actually nice, like this for example: http://www.motostorm.it/en/clothing/jackets/dainese-razon-leather-jacket.html
(Change the currency to usd on this site- I buy most my high end stuff there, because it's massively cheaper to import dainese, rev'it, spidi, etc straight from italy)

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

• Premium Member

+ 1 for Dainese.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Having worked at cyclegear, I personally wouldn't even consider wearing any of their house brands. So many broken zippers and frayed seams before they even left the shelf. If that's in your price range, maybe consider getting something actually nice, like this for example: http://www.motostorm.it/en/clothing/jackets/dainese-razon-leather-jacket.html (Change the currency to usd on this site- I buy most my high end stuff there, because it's massively cheaper to import dainese, rev'it, spidi, etc straight from italy)

Thank you, I will probably return that immediately, even my dad recommended Dainese, I just was not sure about qualities on other brands but if that is the case I am willing to spend extra 100... Thanks for sharing that webpage, does it take a long time to receive products from there?

• Global Moderator
Having worked at cyclegear, I personally wouldn't even consider wearing any of their house brands. So many broken zippers and frayed seams before they even left the shelf. If that's in your price range, maybe consider getting something actually nice, like this for example: http://www.motostorm.it/en/clothing/jackets/dainese-razon-leather-jacket.html (Change the currency to usd on this site- I buy most my high end stuff there, because it's massively cheaper to import dainese, rev'it, spidi, etc straight from italy)

Damnit zombie....
im trying to stop spending moolah
why must you post a link like this

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Thank you, I will probably return that immediately, even my dad recommended Dainese, I just was not sure about qualities on other brands but if that is the case I am willing to spend extra 100... Thanks for sharing that webpage, does it take a long time to receive products from there?

I'm sure it varies, but when I ordered my one piece suit from there, it took about a week to get to me, so not too bad for international. They've got lots of great gear and high end brands there, so I'd definitely recommend browsing around.

I'm not particularly rich but I still highly, highly valuey physical well being, so finding deals is my forte- happy to help :)

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

Damnit zombie.... im trying to stop spending moolah
why must you post a link like this

I mean, you know the one thing even better than moolah? Being really really ridiculously good looking while on a motorcycle :D

I found with the size chart from dainese I fit in a 44 and so ordered it from motocard.com and my boots from motostorm.it, thanks for the advice.

Archived