The MT-07 Forum

Power Commander V Issues

tmlicking

Hey guys.  So I bought a bunch of new toys: Akra exhaust, Power Commander V, DNA air filter and lid.  Plugged in the PCV, rode around for a few minutes, then got an SD__39 code (injector short/open circuit).  I limped home I think on one cylinder, then tried troubleshooting.  I plugged and unplugged all the PCV wiring bits, checked the connectors, everything looked fine, couldn't remove the error code.  I ended up pulling the whole thing out and plugging all the stock stuff back in and it runs normally.

So, any of you dudes smart on troubleshooting the PCV?  I'm guessing a bad wiring harness or hardware in the PCV unit or something?  The SD__39 code isn't cylinder specific so I can't narrow it down to a certain cylinder.

Figured out the issue. When I plugged the PCV in originally I monkeyed up a wire harness, which I noticed after troubleshooting and fixed but the fault code didn't clear immediately. Talked to their support who got back to me and walked me through some troubleshooting instantly and were super helpful. Got it cleared after plugging all the stock stuff in, running it for a minute, then plugging the PCV in

Error code often won't clear immediately on modern ECU and sometimes won't clear unless you take it to a dealer even if the problem is fixed ( ie NEVER buy a BMW). Often you can clear the extant code by disconnecting the battery for a while ( 30mins?). It usually does not remove the code completely and will be stored in flash memory for a dealer to find later on, but gets rid of the displayed code. ( Did I mention never buy a BMW).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived