The MT-07 Forum

Fault Code Table

alexm963

Pulled these out of the Service Manual. Figured it would be useful to have on the forum.

[td style=border:1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);padding:3px]Crankshaft Position sensor: no normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor.

Defective ISC unit (ISC operating sound is not heard).

Gear position sensor: open or short circuit is detected.
*OR*
Clutch switch: open or short circuit is detected.

Err (on meter
[td style=border:1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);padding:3px]Multi Function Meter: signals cannot be transmitted between the ECU and the multi-function meter.
[/tbody] cVtQ6iV.png

So, do the codes appear on the screen as a number, or is there a special dance you perform to get the bike to display it's fault codes.

So, do the codes appear on the screen as a number, or is there a special dance you perform to get the bike to display it's fault codes.
Edited the first post to clarify.

I've got a 39 code after installing a PCV tuner. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? I unplugged and plugged everything back in, checked the connections. One looked like a lead slipped loose but I set it and it looks fine now. Can't figure it out. Also which cylinder is which? If I plugged everything in the wrong side what would that do?

Cylinder 1 is the left side when sitting on the bike. Does the PCV have cylinder specific connections for the injectors or ignition coils? Or does it just hook up to the ECU? Switching the ignition coil plugs would be a huge issue with spark timing being way off. I doubt the bike would run. Injector cycles I'm not sure of, but I'd guess that would cause an issue as well if you switched those plugs.

So it plugs into the injectors, spark plugs, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor, and there's a separate piece that plugs into the O2 sensor. The injector and spark plug connections are cylinder specific, and I did have them plugged in correctly. I pulled the whole thing off and the error code was removed, all running normally, so it's an issue with the PCV. Maybe some bad wiring or hardware or something. I'm gonna start another thread to ask around, thanks dude.

• 4 weeks later...

I am receiving two codes: 21 & 42 my transmission light stays on & speedo is not showing mph. Bike hesitates to start once on run fine.

What gives?

• Global Moderator
I am receiving two codes: 21 & 42 my transmission light stays on & speedo is not showing mph. Bike hesitates to start once on run fine.  
What gives?

Did you work on anything before you got these codes or did they just show up? It looks like the codes are for sensors. I am wondering if you forgot to reconnect something.

Swapped exhaust months ago. The issue crept up out if no where.

It's not only fault codes, takes a few tries to cold start bike in FL.

Transmission light stays illuminated and speedo shows no mph reading.

Is there a way of resetting gauge? Maybe pull battery?

• Premium Member

the clutch sensor on the hand lever assembly might have a loose connection... a few members throught the year last year reported this...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

@yamibro1, transmission light? Do you mean the green neutral light? My clutch switch was disconnected when it was delivered, but I did not have the problems you are experiencing.

Archived