The MT-07 Forum

new effzee owner, louisville ky!

mardi72

Just signed the papers on a 2016 matte silver fz-07 today! Spent a season on a cbr-250r so I know I will appreciate all this bike can do!

no pictures yet as she's still at the dealer but it's supposed to be 60 degrees saturday when I pick her up. too bad the roads are still full of salt from all the snow we had :(

thank you! I can hardly wait, wish we would get some rain between now and then to wash the streets clean. It will kill me to 'truck' it home but kill me worse if I was to mess up those beautiful blue rims.

thanks for making me feel welcome.

picked her up yesterday and did NOT want to dismount!

I took the msf course last year (at 43 yrs old) and put in 2,500 miles on my cbr250r. To those on this forum starting on the fz as a first bike I just can't even imagine...so much power....between the massive torque and that engine braking this thing felt like I was trying to tame a wild bronco. And damn that rear brake is like a soft lil pillow.

But I had TONS of fun and I can't wait to start copying some of the cool mods I've seen on this forum.

be safe and ride strong everyone!

Welcome mardi72, you will love the bike. I am jealous, man, Motorcycle Superstore outlet, I drive up there from Nashville every so often

Welcome aboard! I can see you cracking the throttle in 1st and your eyes popping out already, lol! Be safe, have fun!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome, and make sure you post pictures of your '16 matte silver.
The FZ-07 is a good bike for working on your "smooooth" throttle control. ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
... The FZ-07 is a good bike for working on your "smooooth" throttle control. ;)

This ^ 
It's best to remember the throttle isn't an on/off switch.  :)

Welcome!
I semi-frequently will ride from Cincinnati to Louisville just to have some Wick's Pizza.

Might see you around!

2015 Yamaha FZ07 - Woodcraft clip-ons w/ bar end sliders, Yoshimura Exhaust, Graves Fender Eliminator, Cyclops LED Headlight, Motodynamic integrated tail light, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Bridgestone Battlax BT003 tires, Forks by Matt, PSR shorty levers, OES Frame & Axle sliders.

2014 Lexus IS350

Welcome mardi72, you will love the bike. I am jealous, man, Motorcycle Superstore outlet, I drive up there from Nashville every so often
I don't like that place, they try to take all my money :P 

Welcome! I semi-frequently will ride from Cincinnati to Louisville just to have some Wick's Pizza.

Might see you around!
What color is your fz? I'd meet you for wick's anytime, YUM!! Cincy is awesome I used to go to Riverbend for concerts, always a great time!  
I live off U.S.42, farthest north I got on my 250 was a few miles past Bedford I think, there was a big barn painted UK blue where I turned around. Fun twisties!

And yes this bike is a friggin' rocket, she hasn't seen gears 4-6 yet and truthfully didn't NEED to see 3rd just keeping rpm's low-ish during break-in.

"What color is your fz? I'd meet you for wick's anytime, YUM!! Cincy is awesome I used to go to Riverbend for concerts, always a great time!" Mine is the graphite and blue. Will definitely hit you up next time I go, I've never seen another FZ in the wild.
"I live off U.S.42, farthest north I got on my 250 was a few miles past Bedford I think, there was a big barn painted UK blue where I turned around. Fun twisties!"I actually live of U.S.42 also, but in Florence, KY. haha

2015 Yamaha FZ07 - Woodcraft clip-ons w/ bar end sliders, Yoshimura Exhaust, Graves Fender Eliminator, Cyclops LED Headlight, Motodynamic integrated tail light, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Bridgestone Battlax BT003 tires, Forks by Matt, PSR shorty levers, OES Frame & Axle sliders.

2014 Lexus IS350

• Premium Member
Welcome! I semi-frequently will ride from Cincinnati to Louisville just to have some Wick's Pizza.

Might see you around!
What color is your fz? I'd meet you for wick's anytime, YUM!! Cincy is awesome I used to go to Riverbend for concerts, always a great time!  
I live off U.S.42, farthest north I got on my 250 was a few miles past Bedford I think, there was a big barn painted UK blue where I turned around. Fun twisties!

And yes this bike is a friggin' rocket, she hasn't seen gears 4-6 yet and truthfully didn't NEED to see 3rd just keeping rpm's low-ish during break-in.

Not to question your methods, but you should make sure and run through all the gears during break-in -- just keep the RPMs reasonable

this is my 1st new vehicle 2 wheeled or 4, so I have no method. read about the motorman hard break-in before picking up the bike, also tried to glean as much info from this forum beforehand.

first chance weather allows I'll hit the expressway for those other gears, thank you.

Archived