The MT-07 Forum

FZ in Rochester, NY

fzin585

Hi,

Just signed the paperwork on a 2016 Matte Silver today. Can't wait for spring to bring it out. I haven't rode since my MFS 3 years ago though.....

T

I took the MSF course 3 years ago and never purchased a bike due to many options, and slight fear. Now I'm older, good place financially, and I just paid off my car. Sooo this is actually my first bike at age 28.

• Global Moderator

Sweet, congrats on your purchase. Matt Grey is nice. Welcome and don't forget to post a picture when you have it.

Welcome! I'm actually right over in Buffalo. If you ever want to ride, let me know. We aren't too far from each other

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! If you are a new rider and it has been 3 years since you took the MSF course, you may want to take the MSF course again as a refresher.  Be safe out there when you start riding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Welcome! I'm in Queens, NY.
FZ07 is an awesome bike. I had a 2009 WR250X right after i finished my MSF course and loved it until it got stolen in 2012-2013. It took me 2 years before saving enough for the FZ07 and I didn't even like the bike when I first saw it at the bike show in 2014. I kept reading up on the bike in magazines on how great of a starter bike it is so I decided to go to my local dealer and check one out. Long story short she's awesome love this bike and I have done so much to make it even better.(upgrades, Exhaust, levers, tail tidy and LED lights) I have no complaints on this bike at all but my wife would disagree she calls her my Whore....lol

• 1 month later...

I would def either take a class again or find a rider who's been at it for a while and find a empty parking lot to practice breaking and swerve ect.

Archived