Sign in to follow this  
hanjob

Akrapovic O2 Port too big for OEM sensor?

hanjob
Hi guys, 

I just installed an Akrapovic exhaust yesterday and the OEM O2 sensor seems to be way too small for the O2 port on the new exhaust. I don't have any pics, but I was hoping somebody would have an answer for this if I'm missing something? 

Thanks in advance

cndnmax
There's an reducer adapter for it, not sure if that model comes with it or not. Take it as a sign to get a fuel controller, remove the O2 sensor, and throw a plug on the exhaust.

hanjob
I'm thinking of saying screw it and get a plug for it, disconnect the OEM O2 and reflash the ECU with 2WDW.

Exhaust is Akra Carbon.

What do you guys think?

Tyler Jane
I got the Akrapovic Titanium and it came with an adapter for the O2 sensor. If you got it shipped from the distributor, it should be included. If you got it second-hand, you might need to go buy your own.

pineappleunderthesea
My Akra Carbon came with the reducer (bought it in December, so very recently). Check all your bags again, I also didn't see it at first and was cursing the world.

gregjet
I posted on this and it disappeared.
The O2 sensor on the Yammy fitted straight into the existing threaded port. They were both large sensor sizes ( 18mm?) . I think US sensors must be the smaller size to other places. You could get the bigger one on ebay cheap ( makesure you get the right number of wires though) and fit it. AS FAR AS I KNOW the sensor electronic profile is the same only the thread is bigger. I am happy to be corrected on this though.
Anyone tried one of these with success? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oxygen-Sensor-O2-Eliminator-Yamaha-FZ6-FZ6R-FZ1-FZ8-FJR1300-MT01-MT09-FZ09-/370807613315

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

cndnmax
I posted on this and it disappeared. The O2 sensor on the Yammy fitted straight into the existing threaded port. They were both large sensor sizes ( 18mm?) . I think US sensors must be the smaller size to other places. You could get the bigger one on ebay cheap ( makesure you get the right number of wires though) and fit it. AS FAR AS I KNOW the sensor electronic profile is the same only the thread is bigger. I am happy to be corrected on this though.
Anyone tried one of these with success? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oxygen-Sensor-O2-Eliminator-Yamaha-FZ6-FZ6R-FZ1-FZ8-FJR1300-MT01-MT09-FZ09-/370807613315

No need for a special plug, just disconnect it and your good to go.

gregjet
Isn't it going to screw up the fuelling in the closed loop part of the throttle just disconecting it. My BMW and the Husky got really upset about not having the sensor out of line. The PCV had a eliminator wire for the purpose when you fitted it.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

wickedtwister
From what I understand about it from talking to nels at 2 wheel dyno works is its only sending a signal to computer on decel or when engine load is under 5%. So when the econ light is on the stock o2 is being read. If you have had a fueling controller or flash completed you should be good to go. Even stock I doubt you would see any huge degradation in fuel economy. It just going to richen up when the econ light is on.

hanjob
Sounds like I will be unplugging it and plugging the O2 port!

:D