The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Stand

brock26

Honestly, I'm really liking the Bursig stand that is on our sulporting vendor stand here. It really does look awesome.

I'm with @so1102. I got the Pit Bull rear stand and it is SOLID. And I've ended up using it a lot more than I thought I would. You can probably find something usable for much cheaper, but I personally don't have any regrets about paying a premium price for this one.

• Premium Member
I'm with @so1102 . I got the Pit Bull rear stand and it is SOLID. And I've ended up using it a lot more than I thought I would. You can probably find something usable for much cheaper, but I personally don't have any regrets about paying a premium price for this one.
I agree, and I'm going to get the front fork stand soon to match (for tire warmer use at the track). 
:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Loving my pitbull front stand too. I will be adding their front dual hybrid stand at some point

I've got a red line racing rear stand and a rear stand I welded together myself. For the front for the FZ, I use the Pitbull hybrid stand. If I remember right, it won't lift the FZ from the forks, but it will from the head. I also have R6es, so I just used whatever head pin the R6 requires and it works fine for me

• Premium Member

For what it's worth, if the pitbull stands break your budget, the "Venom" stands on amazon are decent for a minimal investment.

It's not the best you can buy, but mine is doing well a little over a year of regular use later.

Everything went braap.

Again, you will need a stand with swing arm pads to remove the rear wheel and you will need a triple tree front stand to remove the forks. You can remove the front wheel with a a fork stand but I feel like that chance of knocking it off the stand are greater.

Nobody loves quality tools more than I do, but nobody is as "frugal" either.  I opted for the Venom pair, because this is a light bike, and I figured I could beef them up if need be:
Venom Motorcycle Front Triple Tree & Rear Swingarm Paddle Lift Combo Wheel Lift Stands + Paddock Attachments $109.35 USD
As it turns out, they are plenty stout, so no need to reinforce them.  I did have to make a sleeve for the 17mm pin, but that cost nothing.
I use both stands every time I wash the bike.  Makes it much easier to thoroughly wash the wheels and lube the chain.  I doubt spending more for either stand would be any quicker, or make me happier.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

I dont usually buy at harbor freight but I bought there stand and it works just fine $30 plus there 20% Off. For chain cleaning and maintenance. I did make sure to look at the welds, make sure there up to my standard. I'm a welder by trade.

I dont usually buy at harbor freight but I bought there stand and it works just fine $30 plus there 20% Off. For chain cleaning and maintenance. I did make sure to look at the welds, make sure there up to my standard. I'm a welder by trade.
The welds are fine. The issue is the rubber falls apart on the paddles and will scratch your bike. I owned one of those, now I have a PB front and rear. Keep an eye on the rubber covers.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Oh yeah I noticed that. I actually ended up redoing the rubber covers with plasti dip. Its rubber coating for hand tools that I had laying around.

I have one of those rear stands from Harbor Freight as well. You can tell why it's $30. Mine feels like it is flexing wayyyy too much. I've only used it twice and I simply do not trust it at all. It's rated for ~600lbs I think and it seems like my FZ will cause it to fail from the flexing when I lifted the bike with it so that was that. Then I got the Pit Bull rear stand and the T-Rex swingarm spools. Maybe the HF one is totally fine, I just don't trust it and it feels cheap, because it is. I threw it in the closet as a last resort back up, highly doubt it'll ever see the light of day again from me.

If you really don't have/want to spend the money on Pit Bull, at least get the Venom stuff, it's the next best thing.

Just my 2¢.

• Premium Member

I bought the Oxford rear and front stand set for 100.00 in Canadian dollars = 4.00 USD. They are better than I expected and I'm confident in them now because the 07 has been sitting on them all winter. The front attachment doesn't grab perfectly onto the front fork but it works. I used the flat rubber attachment for the rear swing arm to sit on which works well. There is the option to get spools on your bike which would sit perfectly in the spool attachments that come with the stands. Someone suggested the Venom stands and I'm pretty sure these are identical.

Nobody loves quality tools more than I do, but nobody is as "frugal" either.  I opted for the Venom pair, because this is a light bike, and I figured I could beef them up if need be: Venom Motorcycle Front Triple Tree & Rear Swingarm Paddle Lift Combo Wheel Lift Stands + Paddock Attachments $109.35 USD
As it turns out, they are plenty stout, so no need to reinforce them.  I did have to make a sleeve for the 17mm pin, but that cost nothing.
I use both stands every time I wash the bike.  Makes it much easier to thoroughly wash the wheels and lube the chain.  I doubt spending more for either stand would be any quicker, or make me happier.
Totally agree with you. I also buy the Venom kit with paddle on the rear to be able to remove the wheel. Note that to reinforce them, I welded the justion between both part on each stand. After that, this stand is rock solid, plenty enought for the FZ-07. 

You welded the sections where they bolt together? Wow, that's fussy, but I can see where that would make everything super rigid. I have much more confidence in these stands, than I do my car on jack stands. I NEVER am concerned about them failing in any way.

Hey, I'd buy Pit Bull stands if they were only 20% more or so, but three times the price? Uh, no.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Archived