The MT-07 Forum

Mach 3 No Drag backpack by Ogio

churchxd

bb615033fa763f56e44ca2786411749a.jpg

I found this little jewel in my local bike shop and I just instantly fell in love ha. I know that sounds dumb, but I've been looking for a backpack with the motorcyclist in mind forever. And this bag is on point.
It has a sharp design with aerodynamics in mind. The hard outer shell is water resistant. And has a matte finish.
But I have to say the thought put into the straps is my favorite part. The chest strap has adjustable height, so it didn't sit in a weird spot and bug you. And all the extra lengths of straps that are usually flaping and slapping you while you crusin can be secured in there own way.
The inside of the bag has quite a bit of room. I bought the mach 3 which is the medium-sized bag. There is the Mach 1 and Mach 5. I'm able to put a change of shoes my bike cover and my laptop in and have some left over.
This pack is comfortable and good looking.
Hope this helps anyone in the market.

• Premium Member

I have the Mach 5, myself. Love it, but it makes me look like a ninja turtle.  Best part is the pocket up top to store an extra visor, so I can rock the dark smoke during the day and be able to switch to the clear if I am out after the sun goes down.

pineappleunderthesea

I almost got that one, but went for the Kriega R20 instead. The only reason is that if I needed to tote the backpack around for the day, the R20 looks more like a standard backpack, as compared to the Mach 3 which is what the Terminator wears!

Lol I have the R20 as well. I love it to death and use it as my everyday college backpack, whether I have my bike on campus or not. It's versatile enough to be used as a normal backpack off the bike, and a technical riding pack on the bike.

Yeah I looked into the kriega, but I loved the mach 3 look. The kriega felt like my dakine helo pack and I was getting tired of it.

• Premium Member

I was looking at this one as well, and the Kriega R-25. Went with the R-25 after reading countless 5/5 reviews, the warranty offered and that super comfy double chest clasp action. A really great pack.

Let us know how you like the ride with the Ogio.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Mach 5 is awesome
Its expandable too... more than enough room for all my school notebooks, textbooks, laptop and all its accessories and the occasional tools too

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Doesn't work for me. I have a feeling I'm too short for it. The top for that Ogio bag uncomfortably hits my neck, and that's without a helmet. It rested way too high regardless of adjustment.

I've only heard good things about the Kriega. I almost purchased one but decided on a Chrome Industries Bravo 2.0 backpack with a reflective panel that was on sale for cheaper.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I got the kriega-r30-backpack. I commute 100 miles/day. With a full pack on the way home. (cold weather gear packed away from the morning ride) and I honestly forget it's on sometimes. All the weight sits on your chest instead of your shoulders. And water proof.

pineappleunderthesea
I got the kriega-r30-backpack. I commute 100 miles/day. With a full pack on the way home. (cold weather gear packed away from the morning ride) and I honestly forget it's on sometimes. All the weight sits on your chest instead of your shoulders. And water proof.  

The R30 is a beast, probably what I'd choose if I needed to carry substantial amounts of gear for long distances and weather. But sanity prevailed and I stuck with the R20 for my 25 mile commute. Enough for laptop, small change of clothes, and a clear visor if I ride back too late. The R30 fits the kitchen sink!

The R30 is a beast, probably what I'd choose if I needed to carry substantial amounts of gear for long distances and weather. But sanity prevailed and I stuck with the R20 for my 25 mile commute. Enough for laptop, small change of clothes, and a clear visor if I ride back too late. The R30 fits the kitchen sink!
Haha man I hear ya! They make an excellent product either way. ☺

• 2 weeks later...

Got a mach 3 myself and couldn't be happier. Nice and aerodynamicish, everything is tucked away and doesn't flap around. Plenty of room for a daily pack.

Archived