The MT-07 Forum

Anyone know anything about theses rearsets?

rowdy

• Global Moderator

It seems that most aftermarket rearsets do not have foot pegs that can fold like the stock ones. Is that a potential problem if the pegs scrapes?

It seems that most aftermarket rearsets do not have foot pegs that can fold like the stock ones. Is that a potential problem if the pegs scrapes?
depends on the degree of scrapeage and vertical force being applied. solid mounts are much easier to make and keep the 'spreading the ankles' syndrome less.
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
depends on the degree of scrapeage and vertical force being applied. solid mounts are much easier to make and keep the 'spreading the ankles' syndrome less.
True.  In addition, if you put them in the highest most rearward position, you probably won't have any scrapeage because you'll have much better clearance in the first place.  Also, solid foot pegs act as frame sliders in a crash and can help protect other parts of the bike. 
- Paulie

• Global Moderator
True.  In addition, if you put them in the highest most rearward position, you probably won't have any scrapeage because you'll have much better clearance in the first place.  Also, solid foot pegs act as frame sliders in a crash and can help protect other parts of the bike. 
- Paulie
That laat part is definitely true
laid my bike down a couple weeks ago, only damage was a little scuffing on the bar end and shifter side foot peg, and a broken shifter foot pad

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

It looks to have the correct bracket for the switch and the spring connection on the pedal. You will have to transfer the spring to the new set though.

• Premium Member

i put some ebay rearsets on my wife's R3-they shift nice and look ok,but all i can say is save up and get woodcraft, etc.i wouldn't put them on my bike.my wife wanted them so i obeyed.

I have ordered a set. Originally I was very skeptical as the "paypal" page looked fake and didn't show a HTTPS link, but they fixed it up to a proper paypal login screen ( with correct html address) and I paid for them. Waiting for them.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I got mine installed last night and rode them for the first time today. I really like them. It took a little fiddling to get the brake light switch set right, and the shifter at the perfect angle, but I really like the position and feel much more balanced on the bike (I have the Renthal ulra low bars). I can't comment on reliability yet, but I'm super impressed with the fit and finish for the price.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
I got mine installed last night and rode them for the first time today. I really like them. It took a little fiddling to get the brake light switch set right, and the shifter at the perfect angle, but I really like the position and feel much more balanced on the bike (I have the Renthal ulra low bars). I can't comment on reliability yet, but I'm super impressed with the fit and finish for the price.
I installed some Driven tt's the other day and was wondering if I need to adjust my shifter rod as well. I have little idea what is the "correct" setting...when you say "set the shifter at the perfect angle" ...is that just for personal preference, or did you notice a difference of some kind when shifting? 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
I installed some Driven tt's the other day and was wondering if I need to adjust my shifter rod as well. I have little idea what is the "correct" setting...when you say "set the shifter at the perfect angle" ...is that just for personal preference, or did you notice a difference of some kind when shifting?
It was just my personal preference.  I originally had it way too high and I had to lift my toe too much to shift, and then I lowered it, but after riding, I decided to raise it a little more.  Just trying to find the spot where it's comfortable to upshift and downshift and my foot doesn't have to reach too far for either.  The brake lever toe interface I moved back a notch too (from it's forward most position) just so it was a little more underfoot.  Overall, I'm totally happy with the adjustability and the fit, but like I said, the durability is yet to be seen.  I almost picked up the driven TT set, and I'm sure those are in a higher class, but once again, I was hooked by the bargain price of the ebay offering (which doesn't always work out so great), but @gregjet seemed to be happy with his too.  

• Premium Member

Okay, here are some pictures of what mine look like installed...
[attachment id=1506" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1507" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1508" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1509" thumbnail="1]

• Global Moderator
Okay, here are some pictures of what mine look like installed... [attachment id=1506" thumbnail="1]
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1507]
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1508]
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1509]

Nice looking in the tit coloring:)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Looks like another ebay vendor with the cheap rearsets. I think they are the same as the ones I purchased, but... could be subtle differences, and not sure if they are etched. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Sometimes it's the little things in life that are the most satisfying. :)

I started to wear through the rubber shift pedal cover on my ebay rearset and compared it to the stock one and thought it might fit.
So I bought a couple of the stock ones from MRCycle and they arrived today.
They fit perfectly...

The old one that I cut off...

[attachment id=1871" thumbnail="1]
The new one...

[attachment id=1868" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1869" thumbnail="1]
On the bike...
[attachment id=1870" thumbnail="1]

Archived