The MT-07 Forum

We need your exhaust! Akro Ti, Dan Moto, Zard

2wheeldynoworks

2wheeldynoworks

The first akro ti, dan moto, and zard system in the shop for a tune gets a discounted flash for only $279 with dyno tune, tshirt and free future adjustments. Ride in appoinment. Tune while you wait! Message me if you are able to do so, we are located in Woodinville, WA and also Tacoma, WA.

• 2 weeks later...

The Akrapovik Titanium Race model is advertised by Akra and RevZilla as not needing fuel mapping or extra tuning after the install on the FZ-07. What is the difference between a flash and dyno tune? And what are the pros and cons of each? Thank you!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

With any exhaust no matter who makes it or what they say can benefit from a tune. You can achieve huge gains in ridability. If you remove the baffle you can regain some of the bottom end torque. Ect. I have a tune from nels with my akro ti and its a ton better than no tune. Im just waiting until he gets one in the shop so I can get the final tune.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Flash is over writing stock fueling and timing.. Dyno tune is a flash plus looking at the results on the dyno graph and air fuel ratios to really dial it in. Obviously dyno tunes are better but once he has that dyno tune he can then save it and offer to others as a mail in re flash.

The Akrapovik Titanium Race model is advertised by Akra and RevZilla as not needing fuel mapping or extra tuning after the install on the FZ-07. What is the difference between a flash and dyno tune? And what are the pros and cons of each? Thank you!
You have to watch the wording of statements. Saying a pipe doesn't need something isn't the same as saying it can't benefit from something extra. E.G. our bikes operate well with standard oil and need no additives but they can benefit from a good synthetic.

Beemer

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I am located too far away but would be completely up for sending my ECU to you (Once I have the Money).

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

2wheeldynoworks
No one wants in on a discounted tune? This is a good deal from 2wdw.
No one close enough! 

If you are changing the air flow rate, you need to change the fueling, timing etc to match the change. Otherwise you are not gaining from the potential added efficiency. An ECU flash is where we plug the ecu into a laptop and with software are able to tune everything the ECU controls to a very fine level. We do that on a dyno, with street and track and drag strip testing and feedback to continually fine tune it. A dyno tune just means we tuned it on the dyno. We can also do power commander aka fuel programmer tunes, on the dyno, and that is also a dyno tune. The dyno is just the tool we use to quantify the changes we make to verify they are improvements or not. In general terms a "dyno tune" has been used as the term for a fuel/timing tune with a piggyback controller like a power commander or bazzaz unit.  

With any exhaust no matter who makes it or what they say can benefit from a tune. You can achieve huge gains in ridability. If you remove the baffle you can regain some of the bottom end torque. Ect. I have a tune from nels with my akro ti and its a ton better than no tune. Im just waiting until he gets one in the shop so I can get the final tune.
Even stock bikes benefit greatly :)  

Flash is over writing stock fueling and timing.. Dyno tune is a flash plus looking at the results on the dyno graph and air fuel ratios to really dial it in. Obviously dyno tunes are better but once he has that dyno tune he can then save it and offer to others as a mail in re flash.
What he said :) 

You have to watch the wording of statements. Saying a pipe doesn't need something isn't the same as saying it can't benefit from something extra. E.G. our bikes operate well with standard oil and need no additives but they can benefit from a good synthetic.
When even stock bikes need tuning, once you change something as big as an exhaust, it definitely could benefit from calibrating the engine to operate at optimal efficiency, and that's my specialty 

I'm in Wyoming and plan to send my ECU in as well. In the meantime, I'll need to purchase and install the Akra Ti and intake. As for intakes, is an OEM replacement K&N filter appropriate? Or are there kits available to have a cone outside like some bikes? I've read that there is an aftermarket air box and will do some research on that.

2wheeldynoworks
I'm in Wyoming and plan to send my ECU in as well. In the meantime, I'll need to purchase and install the Akra Ti and intake. As for intakes, is an OEM replacement K&N filter appropriate? Or are there kits available to have a cone outside like some bikes? I've read that there is an aftermarket air box and will do some research on that.
Luckily once we flash a bike, all upgrades at a later date are free, so new exhaust, or airbox mod, and we can reflash it no problem and get it right back out to you. K&N or OEM filter is fine. Apparently a forum member is working on a pretty cool little airbox mod as well. 

• 2 months later...
Luckily once we flash a bike, all upgrades at a later date are free, so new exhaust, or airbox mod, and we can reflash it no problem and get it right back out to you. K&N or OEM filter is fine. Apparently a forum member is working on a pretty cool little airbox mod as well. 

One very popular modification to the stock exhaust that a lot of people are doing to the FZ-07 is drilling holes. Most people are drilling six 3/8 inch holes into the rear chamber around the tailpipe. I have drilled six 3/16 inch holes (which didn't make a difference ) and bored them out recently to a 1/4 inch. It really sounds good and simply amplifies the stock sound. There are several YouTube videos. My question to you is if you would be able to flash the ECU for a modification like that. Or if a fuel controller, such as the Dobeck EJK, would work. Thanks.

2wheeldynoworks
One very popular modification to the stock exhaust that a lot of people are doing to the FZ-07 is drilling holes. Most people are drilling six 3/8 inch holes into the rear chamber around the tailpipe. I have drilled six 3/16 inch holes (which didn't make a difference ) and bored them out recently to a 1/4 inch. It really sounds good and simply amplifies the stock sound. There are several YouTube videos. My question to you is if you would be able to flash the ECU for a modification like that. Or if a fuel controller, such as the Dobeck EJK, would work. Thanks.
Without it coming in on the dyno, I can't say for certain if it would be of benefit to performance or not, or if fuel changes would even be required. I can create a flash for it if it creates a change in performance but I need it on the dyno. The fueling changes done on your end by power commander or ejk would be up to you to sort out. 

• Premium Member

Just wondering if you have got a tune for a full Arrow setup? I'm only a couple hour ride away so one of these days I may just pop by for a tune instead of shipping my ECU

2wheeldynoworks
http://fz07.org/thread/4565/fz-current-exhaust-flash-options is our current list. however if you ride down and we develop a flash for your exhaust we do discount it a bit for your time. we're about 2-3 weeks out on the schedule, shoot me an email 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com and we can get ya slotted in for a time that works for ya

• 3 months later...

Archived