The MT-07 Forum

Anyone in NOVA do track days?

cherenkovblu3

cherenkovblu3

Hey guys, this spring / summer, especially after my brutal reckless driving ticket, I really want to get to the track. I had a couple questions, what group do you go with? I am leaning towards N2 but was also looking at motorcycle xcitement. I wanted some input from people who've used both. Also, I dont know anyone currently doing track days, so im a little shy to go out solo for my first one, should I try to find a buddy to do it with or would I be fine by myself? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cherenkovblu3

Ah awesome, I'd definitely be down. Also, always looking for people in the area to ride with, if you're ever up for a ride on a weekend or Mon, Tue, Wed, let me know, we've got some great roads in our area

I am live in MD and I ride mostly with Motorcycle Xcitement since Summit Point is the closest track. However, I did do 1 track day at NC Bike with N2 and had a very good experience.

This year I will probably try TPM as well. We should all meet up to hit the track.

cherenkovblu3

That'd be great, it'd be awesome not to have to do my first track day by myself, I have absolutely no idea how any of it works.  I plan on getting the gear I need / trailer, etc in the next month or so. Mind if I ask what happened with N2?

Edit: sorry, scratch that, read original as "had bad experience with N2" :P

Both N2 and Motorcycle Xcitement are great organizations and have good coaches. I liked N2 simply because it was a good experience and their track days are about $25 cheaper.

Just get your leathers, boots, and gauntlet gloves and you will be good. Tape up your headlight, taillight, mirrors, and signals are you are track ready.

Let me know what days you are going and with what organization. You can share a tent/food with me.

It is funny but I ride my ninja 300 at the track but I will be taking the FZ this year for a couple days.

Also, regarding a truck/trailer, you can always rent from Uhaul, that is what I do since I do not have a truck or trailer.

I'll be trying some N2 days this year if nothing else as a guest of one of their coaches. I've run with MotorcycleXcitement for 10+ years and like 5 with TPM.

You'll have plenty of company from this forum's denizens. Renting a u-haul pickup (if you don't have a tow rig) isn't the cheapest option but you really don't want to do the "ride the bike to the track" route. Unless you've got someone providing all the other paddock support, and even then, not recommended.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

It is was embarrassing when Roger announced my brother and I as "team uhaul" over the loud speaker as we were driving down the ramp to Shenny.

Any of you NoVa guys going to the new Dominion track near Fredericksburg?

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

cherenkovblu3

Lol You guys are awesome. Right now im planning on going with N2 to summit point on 4/3. Would you guys be down with that? That would be my very first track day @howlinhoss, more then happy to share a tent / food. I'm going to buy a trailer this spring regardless because I swapped my truck for a Jeep cherokee and need it to tow other things as well. How far in advance should I register with N2?

Any of you NoVa guys going to the new Dominion track near Fredericksburg?
I cant wait to try that track. All the local track day orgs have their schedules up so I need to find one track day at Dominion that fits my schedule.

In soviet MD, work fit track schedule.
Get your priorities straight, man! says the guy who missed a ton of days last year and doesn't have a leg to stand on.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Have any of you tracked your FZ yet? I just picked one up. I'm hoping its a good middle ground between my Ninja 300 and my ZX6R.

Yams and Ham!

Man, I've been talking about doing a trackday for like 10 years. First with my Kawi ZX6, then with my gixxer, and now I wanna do one with the FZ. I have a bunch of friends from dcsportbikes.net that have given me an open invitation to go with them, I just haven't done it. Let's keep this thread going, post up here if any of you make plans to do a track day. Maybe a few of us can do it together.

cherenkovblu3

I plan on going with N2 to summit point on April 2nd - Let me know if anyone else is interested, else im going solo :/

scordiaboy515

I ride with PRE and TPM.....I will hit my first one in either April or May depending on weather.....that's VIR and DR

scordiaboy515
Have any of you tracked your FZ yet? I just picked one up. I'm hoping its a good middle ground between my Ninja 300 and my ZX6R.
   I ran 4 track days last year at VIR and these little bikes are a pure joy to ride......and they will hold pace with a 600.....with proper tires and suspension upgrades. 

• Premium Member

I'm definitely interested in track time. Unfortunately aligning the money and free time is usually happenstance.

May have more freedom around late summer or early fall.

Everything went braap.

Welcome! You are already so fast on the 300, can't wait to see how you do on the fz.  

Welcome! You are already so fast on the 300, can't wait to see how you do on the fz.
Sadly, I'm putting the 300 up for sale to make room for the FZ. I think it's going to be a ton of fun. And I'm hoping it will be competitive in CCS racing. 
I will be riding with EvolveGT this year.  I'm hoping to get a coaching spot, as I've always wanted to help people become a better rider.  Check them out if you are interested in track days.  It's a great alternative to the other groups.  And they are partnering with N2.

if you have any questions about Evolve or any of the other track day organizations in the NOVA area (I've ridden with them all), let me know.

Yams and Ham!

Archived