The MT-07 Forum

owning a bike in New York

rewplayff

lexstar828
LMAO Welcome to NYC, it's not for everyone. I have been riding into the city for years now and yes i have had problems with Traffic,Cars, Cabs, Buses, Oily street, Potholes, Manholes and SMELLS! But I have survived so far and will continueto do so, I AM A NEW YORKER nothing else needs to be said.

I second this. If you can ride here, you can ride anywhere!!

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pattybags
LMAO Welcome to NYC, it's not for everyone. I have been riding into the city for years now and yes i have had problems with Traffic,Cars, Cabs, Buses, Oily street, Potholes, Manholes and SMELLS! But I have survived so far and will continueto do so, I AM A NEW YORKER nothing else needs to be said.

I second this. If you can ride here, you can ride anywhere!!
I also agree.  What you experience in 1,000 NYC motorcycle miles is equivalent to about 10,000 motorcycle miles out in the sticks.  

• 1 month later...
@manny05x Welcome Manny. Its fun riding in the city but you gotta get yourself out to Bear Mountain area. There are amazing twisty turns and hairpins up there. Since you're a new rider get comfortable leaning the bike. Hope to ride with you very soon buddy. I might be riding into the city later tonight.

I rode up to bear mountain and I loved it I am hoping to ride up there again I am slowly progressing with my riding. I am still very slow around turns.

• Premium Member

I visited Manhattan for a half a day/night last week and being my 1st time in NYC, it was interesting.

I think I'd definitely ride, it seems like the only way to get around with everything going on despite the risks.

Everything went braap.

I visited Manhattan for a half a day/night last week and being my 1st time in NYC, it was interesting. 
I think I'd definitely ride, it seems like the only way to get around with everything going on despite the risks.

I caged it to work today and it took and hour and a half.  On the bike it's 45 minutes.  So yeah a bike is definitely the most efficient way to get around the city. 

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I use to have a parking spot at work but they closed the garage for repairs so street parking until January.

Archived