The MT-07 Forum

*Official Aftermarket Exhaust Pictures Thread*

Nekkid07

• Global Moderator
Akrapovic Carbon Fiber 

she needs a bath beemer otherwise  not a bad look with the belly-pan
how hard was the install because of that?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Akrapovic Carbon Fiber 

Another week or so and I'll clean it. I'll pay you $1.00 over minimum wage to clean it now if you like.  :D  Thanks, it does look good. I installed the belly pan long after the pipe so no problem.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Another week or so and I'll clean it. I'll pay you $1.00 over minimum wage to clean it now if you like.  :D  Thanks, it does look good. I installed the belly pan long after the pipe so no problem.
$1 over minimum wage and travel expenses to get there?
deal :P
i'll even bring the polisher

ducttapewd40

Got my M4 in the mail today. Gave it a test fit and started it up, then took it back off and just got done painting the pipe and headers black. I never liked the color of the stock system and having a different color pipe than headers bothered me even more. I'll get it installed tomorrow once it's dried overnight and take some pics.

$1 over minimum wage and travel expenses to get there? deal :P
i'll even bring the polisher
Yes, bring the polisher, I'm OCD and if things aren't cleaned in a circular motion I go nuts!  ;)  (buy you lunch, too)

Beemer

Sorkyah :"Neg wave generator?"
A short while ago someone posted a link to a MotoGP and Formula 1 exhaust technology using a "new" method of generating the negative ( extraction) wave by using a step up in diamater near the head. I am still trying to find a serious engineering description of the practice but suspect it lies in original 2 stroke expansion chamber design ( or parallel concept). It could help with the problem of std sonics being out of phase because of the crank/firing config. The formula 1 design is a simple step. The one on the Yammy MotoGP bike is a little smoother.
I am beginning to wonder if the bulge at the end of the Akro is there to do that. It is about ( roughly) twice the distance from the valves that the MOtogp one is , which would make it about the right place.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

Sorkyah :"Neg wave generator?" A short while ago someone posted a link to a MotoGP and Formula 1 exhaust technology using a "new" method of generating the negative ( extraction) wave by using a step up in diamater near the head. I am still trying to find a serious engineering description of the practice but suspect it lies in original 2 stroke expansion chamber design ( or parallel concept). It could help with the problem of std sonics being out of phase because of the crank/firing config. The formula 1 design is a simple step. The one on the Yammy MotoGP bike is a little smoother.
I am beginning to wonder if the bulge at the end of the Akro is there to do that. It is about ( roughly) twice the distance from the valves that the MOtogp one is , which would make it about the right place.

Makes sense
i could definitely see a tuned expansion chamber design helping the flow, im not sure how well though since it might not work 100% of the time with a 4-stroke motor, unlsss of course the engine is built with that design in mind

The reference was to the diffuser cone on a two stroke expansion chamber which is closer to the head than the baffle cone. Four strokes are commonly the other way around effectively because it's easier and there is an entire stroke before the neg wave comes back and does its work. It looks like the closer "reflector" does it on the same stroke but , again, I haven't seen the physics they are useing explained. ie I am guessing! I really want to get this one explained as it will be revolutionary if it will work at the lower rpm of street and dirt engines.

JuggernautOfWar

I just installed my new Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber exhaust with the fancy new finish! Looks so much cleaner, sounds absolutely incredible, and much lighter!

0adFWpB.jpg

vJWS12J.jpg

V1wmQkW.jpg

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
What? No SC Project exhaust on this thread? I had to do something... 
Here it is!!!

20160322-TSF_6688_zpszs38zkp7.jpg

and show off that forbidden red too.... :( how could you :P 

Just got my SC Project exhaust installed today! EJK isn't showing up in the mail till tomorrow so I haven't gone out and ridden it yet but even just running it down the driveway and back it sounds amazing.  I left the baffles in for now but once I've got the tuner going I'll take it out for a ride with baffles in and out to compare. 

watch?v=CenxxT2dJB8

Great thread to start!

It is nice to see all the different exhausts in one location.

Dobeck Performance is your exhaust and stage 1 supporting vendor.
We have the majority of these exhausts available for purchase.

Check out our supporting vendor section for exhaust pricing as well as exhaust and EJK (stage 1) pricing.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• 2 months later...
I added this because it shows the whole Akro Snail pipe exhaust. It's an old pic but the best one for showing the total exhaust. 
DSCN0903.jpg
Hey, how do you like your shock? 

• Premium Member

Leo Vince [attachment id=1806" thumbnail="1]

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

sansnonbre,
Only got the Nitron because Ohlins were not available when I bought it. I feel it is a touch harsh but streets better than then the stock junk. It behaves itself pretty well but needs some compression fine tuning. I am concentrating on my GS500 project for a while so it will have to wait.

Looks like a mummy wrap :P

Here is a picture and close up video of my heat wrapped M4 exhaust, and a video with it running. However the video doesn't do it justice. 

Looks like a mummy wrap :P

Here is a picture and close up video of my heat wrapped M4 exhaust, and a video with it running. However the video doesn't do it justice. 

Good, I want the rougher look. I feel it speaks to the bikes spirit.

Archived