The MT-07 Forum

*Official Aftermarket Exhaust Pictures Thread*

Nekkid07

I feel like this should be a thing.  Post up your pics.  You know you wanna show it off anyway.  Do it all in one place so we can all enjoy the exhaust pron.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
a16353c2e375f5d644615102a803fe63.jpg
yoshi full stainless exhaust

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

fooschnickens
@fooschnickens is it just bad lighting or are your brake rotors all rusted to hell?
They're rusted to hell. The bike sat for two weeks straight while we had near-constant rain just before the new year. 100% humidity + no movement = rust 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I added this because it shows the whole Akro Snail pipe exhaust. It's an old pic but the best one for showing the total exhaust.

DSCN0903.jpg

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

question:

i am curious about akrapovic using the 360 bend for the system. i visited the website and had to appreciate most of what they do when designing and building an exhaust system. the web site stated the only difference in their street vs racing systems was materials, yet there are two designs for the FZ-07; one racing, one street. but, i am not an exhaust tuner and there folks are. just curious.

" i am curious about akrapovic using the 360 bend for the system. i visited the website and had to appreciate most of what they do when designing and building an exhaust system. the web site stated the only difference in their street vs racing systems was materials, yet there are two designs for the FZ-07; one racing, one street. but, i am not an exhaust tuner and there folks are. just curious."
Without the figure for the cam timing it is difficult to know exactly what the length of a conventional maths designed system would be. But we can say from guesstimate that it is a lot longer a pipe that is required than the termination under the footpeg because of the RPM of the peak HP/Torque. The Akro (snail) and the Arrow both appear to be about the right length. Akro just tried to make the right length and look similiar to stock. The snail will have no effect on the gas flow as it is a big enough radius. ALL other systems will just be some pipes shaped and joined and terminated it the stock place for looks alone and will not deliver a "tuned" length.
Having said that 2 into 1 on a 90/270 degree cranks gives you sub optimium sonics anyway unless you use the new Negative wave step near the valves ( a la Arrow and maybe some other). I have an Akro because I only use the bike on the street and almost never get it near the peak HP point anyway ( as do most really). My current choice would be an Arrow knowing what I know now or any other system that is tuned length AND one of the following: 2 into 2 conventional maths or 2 into one with the new short neg wave generator or 2 into 2 with the neg wave generator.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

" i am curious about akrapovic using the 360 bend for the system. i visited the website and had to appreciate most of what they do when designing and building an exhaust system. the web site stated the only difference in their street vs racing systems was materials, yet there are two designs for the FZ-07; one racing, one street. but, i am not an exhaust tuner and there folks are. just curious." Without the figure for the cam timing it is difficult to know exactly what the length of a conventional maths designed system would be. But we can say from guesstimate that it is a lot longer a pipe that is required than the termination under the footpeg because of the RPM of the peak HP/Torque. The Akro (snail) and the Arrow both appear to be about the right length. Akro just tried to make the right length and look similiar to stock. The snail will have no effect on the gas flow as it is a big enough radius. ALL other systems will just be some pipes shaped and joined and terminated it the stock place for looks alone and will not deliver a "tuned" length.
Having said that 2 into 1 on a 90/270 degree cranks gives you sub optimium sonics anyway unless you use the new Negative wave step near the valves ( a la Arrow and maybe some other). I have an Akro because I only use the bike on the street and almost never get it near the peak HP point anyway ( as do most really). My current choice would be an Arrow knowing what I know now or any other system that is tuned length AND one of the following: 2 into 2 conventional maths or 2 into one with the new short neg wave generator or 2 into 2 with the neg wave generator.

Neg wave generator?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Here is my Dark-Y showing off a Yoshimura R77 Carbon

[attachment id=1494" thumbnail="1]

And you can listen to it and watch here go here (subscribe to my channel if you like)

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

Archived