The MT-07 Forum

Ebay (China) Engine Sliders..

nokfir2

Hey All.

Ive been looking at this sliders/protections for a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Case-Slider-Cover-Crash-Protection-Set-For-YAMAHA-MT-07-MT07-2014-2016-/391309174064?var=&hash=item5b1bd82530:m:mWKt61Kg5xabWsKZ7_fBBKg&vxp=mtr

I already bought some Axle sliders from this vendor and they arrived in good quality and finish.

Questions on the case sliders tho. The photo shows them mounted to the engine case, the the product itself seems to have hardware to mount to the frame hole/bolt.

Does anyone else see what im saying? or am i crazy. I want somthing that mounts to the case only, Like the Yamaha OEM ones..

Thoughts?

Looks like they mount with two bolts each to the case. Personally I'm not a fan of that type of mounting.
if they mount to the case, why are the bolts diff sizes?

Looks like they mount with two bolts each to the case. Personally I'm not a fan of that type of mounting.
if they mount to the case, why are the bolts diff sizes?

Go look at your engine case, it's not symmetrical. There's really no other place for it to mount, there's no frame down there.

I think mayby these are mis listed on ebay. 
Take a look at these....i DONT want these and they seem to be the same shape as what i listed earlier...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dimotiv-DMV-Frame-Slider-for-YAMAHA-MT-07-2014-2015-/131583643124?hash=item1ea2ff0df4:g:pDwAAOSwDNdVsGbB&vxp=mtr

Ahh I see what you mean now. Also, Upon closer look the picture of the ones mounted on the engine case has three bolts.
Unless these are both the same ones and they just mount completely different on each side( frame on the brake side and case on the clutch side)...

right, the first listing photo showed the 3 bolt install on the application... but the part itself only had two bolts...

plus the part itselt looks identical to the 2nd listing. i think they are both the exact same thing???

• Premium Member

I wish they had better pictures of both sides mounted. Looks a little sketchy to me.

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived