The MT-07 Forum

What is your Holy Grail motorcycle?

Guest 2wheeler

Another very doable Holy Grail bike would be the Yamaha RZ500 which can be a gray markey bike in the US as it was never sold here. What can you say about a 2-stroke V4 that puts out 84hp at the rear wheel and weighs 452 dry. Plus is handles like what it pretty much was - a race bike. That 84hp can definitely be enhanced as if that is not enough considering it is a 2-stroke. Plus it is classic Yamaha all the way.

RZ500.thumb.jpg.7e812a02bed557c423ba5e177aec8736.jpg

• Like 1

The 84HP is limited by some VERY easy removable mods...It has a LOT more...It also has a very flexible frame and forks that make the bike handling...er...interesting. Have a good look at the size of the frame and fork "tubes".

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Timing is everything, and this is bad timing!!!

Just checked my local Craigslist which I do way too often, and beyond miracles, there is a RZ500 for sale. But.... unfortunately, I dont have $14000 to spare for an extreme toy. I didn't win the lottery this weekend either.

For you folks who are mentally and financially able and crazy enough to buy one, here's the link, and do not hesitate as this is Washington DC area, and there are folks around here with a sh_tload of stupid cash to spend (I'm not one of them):

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/d/rz500/6374842842.html

• 1 year later...

The new thread about the YZF-R1M being costly got me thinking about this thread and a bike I had lusted over some time ago.  Went back to lust over the pictures again and yep.. If money was no object, then this would be one of the moto's that I'd have in my stable.

VanderHeide Motorcycles ® | The Gentleman's Racer | Limited-production 100% carbon fiber motorcycles | Engineered and handcrafted in The Netherlands |

The HD V-Rod. Such a beautiful motorcycle.

And any of Adrian Morton's designs at MV Agusta has my tongue hanging out...

vrscaw_01.jpeg

Edited by robbo10

Just do it! 

Just now, D'ster said:

1987 TZ250.jpg

With an IT175 conversion.

Yes.

Adendum: oops, bifocals, ysr50 w/motor swap, my bad

Edited by mossrider

• 6 months later...

SqgRGCW.pngf3 800! No doubt.

in my opinion is the best looking bike ever made , no Ducati , bimota or Vyrus come close . 
And the 800 is a great mix of low-end and  peek power 

there are 2 problems :

-the price , This is 1000 cc territory, and even if it is slightly cheaper compared to them ... is still a shet ton of money 

-The brand isn’t the most stable ever , so problems can happen 

If I will be able to buy it .. f@#k common sense! I’ll go for it 

• Premium Member

I don't know much about Ducati other than being "high maintenance." If money was no object, the Ducati 939SP Hypermotard would be mine. I got to ride one on a track a couple years ago. This thing was trying to rip my arms off!!! Torque like I've never experienced 😎..... 

i-LHd92St-X2.jpg

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 3 months later...
FZ07R WaNaB

This isn't necessarily my ultimate Holy Grail bike, but it gives me funny feelings all over my body 😄

Seriously though, the Suzuki GS500E has been on my short list for years, and this one looks really good!

GS500-1.jpg

GS500-2.jpg

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB