The MT-07 Forum

What is your Holy Grail motorcycle?

Guest 2wheeler

straydogeod

I second the MSTR. I demo'd an MST and holy freaking shete....

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/

I also continuously find my way back to the Zero website, I would love to be able to wedge an FXS into the garage.  I will be demo riding one of them in the near future (which might be a bad idea with my known compulsive habits).

twowheeladdict
I don't have a "holy grail" bike, but the one I am currently lusting after is the Zero FX (don't judge me!) 

2015-zero-fx-is-the-off-road-electric-machine-videophoto-gallery_2.jpg
This is the closest bike in this thread, to my "Holy Grail".  But what I want hasn't been made... Yet.  For 90% of the riding I actually do, which is commuting a mere 5 miles, an electric bicycle is what I want.  BUT, I want it to be faster than any car on the road with me, up to 50 or 60MPH.  Matter of fact, I want 0-60 in 3 seconds performance.  By the time you have a bike that can perform like that, safely, it has become a motorcycle.   
I want it as light as possible, and have no use for a range more than 50 miles or so.   Richard Hatfield no longer has anything to prove. Maybe he can start working on bikes for the mainstream.  I don't need such a monstrous motor, or hundreds of pounds of batteries.  I wouldn't even mind shifting gears to have a tiny motor get the job done.  But, I still want 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and be able to pedal on a sidewalk to get around traffic jams.

There's a Holy Grail for you.  Think it's not possible?

Have you taken a look at the Victory electric bike? Pretty aggressive naked bike.

2015 FZ-07

No, I literally want to be able to pedal on a sidewalk, and mix it up with traffic as well or better than the FZ-07. This is getting close, and it's several years old!
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsMDsT8siU]

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Well, as a bike lover and Ayrton Senna fan there is only one Holy Grail bike for me... MV Augusta F4 Ayrton Senna Special Edition

[attachment id=1713" thumbnail="1]

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator
Well, as a bike lover and Ayrton Senna fan there is only one Holy Grail bike for me... MV Augusta F4 Ayrton Senna Special Edition 

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1713]

- Pancho
where is my checkbook

I needs this, senna forever
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Tyler Jane

I've been having very expensive fantasies about this machine: 1290 Super Duke R Special Edition.

http://i.imgur.com/NpcAgXs.jpg

I'm sure it's way too much power (and money) for me, but still. If I won the lottery tomorrow, this would probably be at the top of the list.

straydogeod
Well, being a Camera Assistant / Cameraman, THIS IS the Zero I dream of!!!
That is so rad!!!!! 
As for the Victory, I think compared the Zero the Zero makes more sense for most mere mortals.  The Empulse is a good bit heavier, has a clutch for some reason and costs a lot more.  Still would love to take one for a spin but I'd buy the Zero before the Victory.

• Global Moderator
I've been having very expensive fantasies about this machine: 1290 Super Duke R Special Edition. 

http://i.imgur.com/NpcAgXs.jpg

I'm sure it's way too much power (and money) for me, but still. If I won the lottery tomorrow, this would probably be at the top of the list.
its not too much power... just a bit too much orange bleghh....

i keepo seeing that diavel X and iot's starting to grow on me... damn you @e30kawi

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Kawasaki H2R for me.
Long as I've still got my FZ having a bike like that would be super clutch!
Haha
The BMW s1000r would be sweet as well

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

There is simply no way I could whittle it down to one bike. There are just so many that I lust after. The new R1M, the Ducati 899 Panigale, an MV Augusta F4, the BMW S1000RR and it's naked cousin, the Lightning LS-218, and a whole host of others I can't even think of right now.

• Premium Member

I am Italian. While growing up I lusted over many a bike. These are the first ones that come to mind: Moto Morini 3 and 1/2

[attachment id=1726" thumbnail="1]

followed by the "Monster" Benelli 6 cylinders [attachment id=1727" thumbnail="1]

Nowadays, if money was no object, I first would like an enormous garage with easy egress and ingress :) and then ...
all the bikes: Fj09, Super tenere', FJR 1300es, Ducati Multistrada enduro, Motoguzzi Norge, a few BMW's, ....

x_x =:o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Might seem like a boring choice but I really want a VFR 800.
I've always liked those since I previously owned a V4 (3rd gen Magna). 

Why can't left turners see us?

Might seem like a boring choice but I really want a VFR 800.
I've always liked those since I previously owned a V4 (3rd gen Magna). 

A V4 would be so nice on the freeway. The VFR just seems like a bike you could go forever on and be comfortable. Plus it is still somewhat sporty and lightweight. A lot of the other sport touring bikes on the market now are way too big!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For me I would have to say Speed Triple R or S1000R. I made the mistake of sitting on one and it fit like a glove...keep telling myself I don't need a 1000cc bike...yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

Holy crap, I got a second Holy Grail bike, but I may buy this one this weekend.

I was goofing around on the Net today, and I discovered there now is a Moto Guzzi V9, and the model they call the Roamer in its gold color just does it for me. I originally was planning to buy the V7 before I got my FZ, so I love the look. The new V9 has ABS and traction control too. Plus I am just crazy enough to keep both the FZ and the V9 - what a combo!

Here's this fine piece of weird Italian engineering:

Moto_Guzzi_V9_Roamer.jpg

Guest jrkleinow

I have a couple, just because they will probably never happen.  

Triumph Daytona 675R

2015-triumph-dyatona-675r-abs-commercial-surfaces-video_6.jpg

Royal Enfield Bullet C5 - because who needs to go fast all the time
2013-royal-enfield-bullet-44_1600x0w.jpg