The MT-07 Forum

What is your Holy Grail motorcycle?

Guest 2wheeler

• Premium Member
Here is mine. I'm saving and saving and someday it will be mine!  

5c2d4ad2_2fed_45a5_99c7_ac0911783862_1_53f197a89.jpg

Naaaahh. To staid and conservative. Need lo liven it up a little...

:)

I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)
  • Like 2

Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory. $14,500 + tax. What to do...
Rode one last Sat. Holy schnikees the power! and yet it's a total pussy cat if you want it to be.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I would love a FZ-07 sportbike with the same ergonomics of the R3 and great suspension. That would be the perfect bike for me. That powerplant deserves to be in a sportbike chassis.

• 1 month later...
dreadykrueger

I don't have a holy grail motorcycle exactly. It's more of a holy grail garage. FZ-10 for street/touring, convert my FZ-07 to a stunt bike, and a street legal dirt bike like a KTM 500exc or Beta 500 rr-s

• Like 1

Sometimes I miss my Bandit 1200 with it's carbs and no ECU, was nice to be able to tune and service myself. Was a great bike even though on the heavy side, wish my MT-07 could transform itself to it on the open roads at higher speeds.

Has anyone seen the new triumph bonneville bobber? I think that might be on my short list when I start shopping for a bike.  
http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-triumph-bonneville-bobber-motorcycle-first-look
If I ever wanted to get a bike for around here that the Harley guys couldn't/shouldn't scoff at that would be it. Looks pretty bad-ass (IMO) and it kinda reminds me of the Harley Michael Pare (AKA, Tom Cody) rode in the movie, "Streets of Fire". when he was tearing up "the battery'. Love that movie, btw, I highly recommend it. Good motorcycle/greaser movie. They call it a rock -n- roll fable.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Has anyone seen the new triumph bonneville bobber? I think that might be on my short list when I start shopping for a bike.  
If I ever wanted to get a bike for around here that the Harley guys couldn't/shouldn't scoff at that would be it. Looks pretty bad-ass (IMO) and it kinda reminds me of the Harley Michael Pare (AKA, Tom Cody) rode in the movie, "Streets of Fire". when he was tearing up "the battery'. Love that movie, btw, I highly recommend it. Good motorcycle/greaser movie. They call it a rock -n- roll fable.
Really?  You think the Harley guys wouldn't scoff at that?  Come on, it's not a Harley. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice looking bike, so screw the Harley guys. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest 2wheeler
Well heck Beemer, this forum took on a whole new perspective for me when somebody mentions one of my favorite cult classic movies... "Streets of Fire"!  Now that is what I call a great movie!!! I'm not even going to bring up a young Diane Lane in the movie. 
Trivia fact... The director of that movie, Walter Hill, was also the director for another cult classic "The Warriors"

This video is a good indication of what the movie is like - great music too:

• Like 1

Really?  You think the Harley guys wouldn't scoff at that?  Come on, it's not a Harley. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice looking bike, so screw the Harley guys. :)

I said couldn't/shouldn't, not that they wouldn't. There's a difference.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Well...  couldn't/shouldn't doesn't help your case much.  They are not the same either.  They can, and they will, but they shouldn't.  Then again, they shouldn't scoff at anyone else's bike. after all, they are riding Harleys. :) 

Well...  couldn't/shouldn't doesn't help your case much.  They are not the same either.  They can, and they will, but they shouldn't.  Then again, they shouldn't scoff at anyone else's bike. after all, they are riding Harleys. :)
Please. Can I respond to someone without this happening? I get so tired of having to explain myself. Thank you.

Beemer

2wheeler - Yes, yes, nice video clip and  smokin' Diane (legs) Lane represents the movie well! At 1:55 in this clip it shows Tom Cody sitting on the bobber (stolen, ha!) that I was talking about.

[video src=https://youtu.be/gnRd1fD_G44]

Beemer

• Premium Member
Believe it or not a Zero SR.  ::) 

2016_zero_sr.jpg

I've always wanted one of those too!  They keep getting better thanks to battery technology, and the torque....  yes. 
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest 2wheeler

I'm getting closer to getting my Holy Grail bike. As I said in my OP, I have never seen a 1973 Yamaha LT3 MX other than in print. Well.... this last weekend a buddy of mine was at a vintage motorcycle show, and there in all it's glory was my Holy Grail  bike. My buddy is a good friend who knows of my deep seeded desire for this bike, so he called and took pics. He never found the owner, but I now have a name and location for a potential future purchase. The guy had several pristine bikes in the show so for me to buy this, I'll need to make him a offer he can't refuse. Time to win a small lottery to justify the amount he would likely and reluctantly take for the Yamaha.

Yeah, this is a total obsession thing for me that has been going on over 40 years, but what the heck, a Holy Grail bike should be like that IMHO. Here's a pic from that show:

IMG_1105.jpg

site for uploading photos

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

August_23_2016_2279.jpg

August_23_2016_2282.jpg
My Holy Grail bike still is the Suzuki RG500 Gamma. I wish I never sold this bike. I want to get another one some day. These are definitely cool bikes.

Ed

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

I want a bike that can travel the
"multi-verse" preferably with a triple cylinder motor ?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I already have the R1 and We have a 916 Just the Norton a 1974 Norton Commando
MyR1.jpg

Norton_Commando_1974_01_side.jpg

Ducati_916_SP.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria