The MT-07 Forum

What is your Holy Grail motorcycle?

Guest 2wheeler

I was lucky enough to get my dream bike, but ended up hating it (i live in the city and it was too much bike for every day) so I sold it after only one season
964405_132825160252711_568630_o_zpszq3dquk4.jpg

• Like 4

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard
2007 CBR600RR Track Whore
2015 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Garage Queen

twowheeladdict

If I had 1.5 billion I would buy Barber Motorsports Museum and ride any bike I wanted. I already buy whatever I want to ride. My dream would be to buy bikes to display.

• Like 3

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member
Heck why not get two for that price lol That is a cool looking bike made by Neo

it's my holy grail bike. that's like only if i hit the lotto. lol
I've been following that bike some what, that was the first time I saw the price tag. wow!  
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

THE WETHEAD BMW R1200GS, is looking like my kind of bike. The wet clutch, combined engine transmission oil with and spin on oil filter, make it so much more easy to work on!!! Not to mention, the valve check is now out to 12,000 miles!! By the time I could afford it the would be afordable

• 1 month later...

A holy grail bike... For me would have to be the new R1M!
2016-Yamaha-YZF1000R1SPL-EU-Silver-Blu-Carbon-AccessorizedStatic-001.jpg

after that would be the upcoming MT/FZ-10. In silver/blue :)

20151117004257.jpg

I'll end up with one of these regardless in the next two years. leaning more to the FZ-10 just for price & comfort VS. Race bike lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Mine will be a BMW S1000R or MT/FZ-10 as this seem to be a competitor to this bike so we'll see how much it ends up costing.

Mine will be a BMW S1000R or MT/FZ-10 as this seem to be a competitor to this bike so we'll see how much it ends up costing.
The FZ-10 will be quite a bit cheaperI'm thinking, hopefully we'll get to keep a lot of the goodies the R1 has tho!
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

Ducati Panigale 1199. Love nearly all the newer Ducatis, such great looking bikes. But damn, so expensive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I actually bought my "holy grail" bike about a year ago. 1998 Kawasaki zx7r p3. I know by today's standards they aren't great but as a kid I always wanted one and when I was finally able to afford one I found they were getting scarce. My fear is that now that I finally have one that I will hate it. To avoid this I'm going to go ahead and swap the forks, swingarm and wheels for 04/05 zx10r, tail section for 99-02 r6 and hopefully the engine for a zx9r.

I already own it, actually.
That's my 2015 Yamaha FZ07FR.
It has to be the most fun-to-ride street bike I've owned, and that's including two R1s, an R6,
two FZ-1s, a YZF-750R (remember those?), plus others.
In fact, if you gave me any of those other bikes for free, I'd just sell it for the first reasonable offer, probably without even riding it.

• Like 3

KTM Super Duke R

ktm-1290-super-duke-r-shows-available-styling-photo-gallery_8.jpg

Buell XB12

113552@buell-xb12s-lightnin.jpg

HD XR 750

1280px-1980_Harley_Davidson_XR750_1.jpg

AND LAST: MY FAVORITE: AVINTON BIKES!!!

19.jpg

• Like 1
Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
robertbishop

I second that. Avinton makes a beautiful machine. But I'm still salivating over the Augusta Brutale Dragster

I second that. Avinton makes a beautiful machine. But I'm still salivating over the Augusta Brutale Dragster
Yeah, MV makes really beautiful bikes... We see a lot of them in here since I'm really close to itally!!!

Look at the short film we made for a Nikon festival, MV let us use this bike for a full day!!! link
  • Like 1
Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• Premium Member
phicurious86
The naked doesn't leave enough to the imagination, now the F3...

mv-agusta-f3-800-04.jpg
13_MVAgusta_F3_800_2.jpg

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I have always favored naked bikes and with the release of the XSR900 to the USA, I am thinking this may be a great upgrade for me in a year. This bike has been getting some great reviews.
[attachment id=1675" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1676" thumbnail="1]

I don't have a "holy grail" bike, but the one I am currently lusting after is the Zero FX (don't judge me!) 

2015-zero-fx-is-the-off-road-electric-machine-videophoto-gallery_2.jpg
This is the closest bike in this thread, to my "Holy Grail".  But what I want hasn't been made... Yet.  For 90% of the riding I actually do, which is commuting a mere 5 miles, an electric bicycle is what I want.  BUT, I want it to be faster than any car on the road with me, up to 50 or 60MPH.  Matter of fact, I want 0-60 in 3 seconds performance.  By the time you have a bike that can perform like that, safely, it has become a motorcycle.   
I want it as light as possible, and have no use for a range more than 50 miles or so.   Richard Hatfield no longer has anything to prove. Maybe he can start working on bikes for the mainstream.  I don't need such a monstrous motor, or hundreds of pounds of batteries.  I wouldn't even mind shifting gears to have a tiny motor get the job done.  But, I still want 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and be able to pedal on a sidewalk to get around traffic jams.

There's a Holy Grail for you.  Think it's not possible?

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Global Moderator
I don't have a "holy grail" bike, but the one I am currently lusting after is the Zero FX (don't judge me!) 

2015-zero-fx-is-the-off-road-electric-machine-videophoto-gallery_2.jpg
This is the closest bike in this thread, to my "Holy Grail".  But what I want hasn't been made... Yet.  For 90% of the riding I actually do, which is commuting a mere 5 miles, an electric bicycle is what I want.  BUT, I want it to be faster than any car on the road with me, up to 50 or 60MPH.  Matter of fact, I want 0-60 in 3 seconds performance.  By the time you have a bike that can perform like that, safely, it has become a motorcycle.   
I want it as light as possible, and have no use for a range more than 50 miles or so.   Richard Hatfield no longer has anything to prove. Maybe he can start working on bikes for the mainstream.  I don't need such a monstrous motor, or hundreds of pounds of batteries.  I wouldn't even mind shifting gears to have a tiny motor get the job done.  But, I still want 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and be able to pedal on a sidewalk to get around traffic jams.

There's a Holy Grail for you.  Think it's not possible?

That lightning is just amazing
i saw a few of the prototype plans while i was at the autodesk 'convention' last march. beautiful engineering and such power...
i cant wait to see what their hybrid will be like

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
robertbishop