The MT-07 Forum

CA DMV point removal?

booboobusfz07

booboobusfz07

So I've got 2 speeding tickets on my dmv record.
One was in 10/13 the last one 5/15.
I never did traffic school for these even tho I signed up for it.
I'm trying to get a new job but they won't insure me with 2 Points.
Anybody have any advice to help clear these from my record?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Find out if you still can. I lost a job because of my driving record. Damn sports cars. My Heavy Foot didnt help either...

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Oh, only try and clear the most recent one. The old one will clear on its own come 10-13-16.

SigSide.jpg

booboobusfz07

That's my theory. Been trying to figure out who to talk to all day. Got the last ticket in Yuba city. Been looking at sutter court web an can't find anything

pineappleunderthesea

As an alternative, I'd contact your DMV to see if you can take a course.

FYI when I do get tickets, I go to court and ask for 5 mph over the limit, that way they get their money but points don't add up and the insurance company doesn't find out. Not sure about CA, though.

Traffic school is a joke and takes 10min online, you were half way there why didn't u finish it? California usually has a complete by date for school, not sure if u can go around that but good luck getting someone to listen.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

FYI when I do get tickets, I go to court and ask for 5 mph over the limit, that way they get their money but points don't add up and the insurance company doesn't find out. Not sure about CA, though.

I work for an insurance company and we do find out when you have a ticket that is 5 over the limit. Even a cellphone violation in states where it's illegal to drive and be on your phone. I run and look at driving records all day.

- xCarbonSteelx

pineappleunderthesea

I work for an insurance company and we do find out when you have a ticket that is 5 over the limit. Even a cellphone violation in states where it's illegal to drive and be on your phone. I run and look at driving records all day.
I should have stated that I'm in PA.  So in that state, that's what the district judges will do if you go to court and you're nice about it.  But to your point, when I lived in IN they didn't have that deal, but something where I paid a fine but the ticket was somehow "vaporware"--but if I got another ticket within a year, then both tickets would been seen by the insurance company.  Wish I lived in Germany or something, they tell me that over there speeding is not related to any insurance hikes...

Archived