The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha MT-10

rowdy

It's raucous for sure (blue looks good) but my FZ-07 is poison enough for me. I just wish the 07 came with cruise control.

Beemer

I called yamaha about this bike cause I wanted it before I bought my fz07, they said it will never be sold here in the states...

I called yamaha about this bike cause I wanted it before I bought my fz07, they said it will never be sold here in the states...
Same was said about the fz07 but here we are!  

• Global Moderator

I saw the MT-10 at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show yesterday. They said it is coming to Canada in June as the FZ-10. No pricing yet and he did not know about the USA. It is a great looking bike.

I'd say it's going to be as much as an R1. Yeah this bike is what got me interested in naked bikes. My wife even liked it.

• Global Moderator

It has the R1S engine. Without fairings I would guess $1,000 less than the 1S. I was surprised how affordable bikes are in Canada when you convert to US$.

The R1S is C$16,699. That is less than US$12,000!
GEZUS. lol, well, that's dope for yall ☺

How much was your fz07?

• Global Moderator

I live in the US, so I bought it here. I am just south of the border. If I had realized how much cheaper they are there I would have looked into importing one. The FZ-07 MSRP is
C$7299. That is about US$5200.

I live in the US, so I bought it here. I am just south of the border. If I had realized how much cheaper they are there I would have looked into importing one. The FZ-07 MSRP is C$7299. That is about US$5200.
That's so crazy man... Oh well lol

I would like to point out that they will be going up in price probably next year if our dollar remains in the dumps. When I bought mine the Canadian dollar was worth 90 cents US.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I really love the new R1, but this MT-10 looks like a way better choice to ride everyday, but something like this is more of a replacement than an addition...

SigSide.jpg

I really love the new R1, but this MT-10 looks like a way better choice to ride everyday, but something like this is more of a replacement than an addition... 

I have an r1, it's definitely a fun bike, but not an everyday commuter for sure. I'm really enjoying the fz07 way more on my way to work and back. The r1 will be the weekend (or what ever) bike now. ☺

• Global Moderator

The Canadian Dollar might be low compared to the US one, but it's not like Canadians get more of them just because of the lower value. ;)

I like everything about that bike except the tail. The FZ-07 has one of the sweetest tail sections. Sadly, it looks like the MT-10 favors the FZ-09's unfortunate rear...

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Global Moderator
The Canadian Dollar might be low compared to the US one, but it's not like Canadians get more of them just because of the lower value. ;)
True, but it is great for those of us who are paid in American dollars and live close to the border :)

• Global Moderator
I like everything about that bike except the tail. The FZ-07 has one of the sweetest tail sections. Sadly, it looks like the MT-10 favors the FZ-09's unfortunate rear...
I assume you are talking about the tail lights not the fender. Yamaha must be responsible for keeping many fender eliminator companies in business. 

I assume you are talking about the tail lights not the fender. Yamaha must be responsible for keeping many fender eliminator companies in business. 
No, the whole tail end. Light, rear body work, etc. I think the plate holders are virtually identical on the 07 & 09.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Agreed, tail light looks like a cheap aftermarket bolt on

Archived