The MT-07 Forum

Ordering a new FZ-07 from Dealer

kandi

Good Evening!

I am new to this forum, so hello everyone! Just sold my 2008 Honda CBR 600rr and after a few months of researching I decided on the 2016 FZ-07 (the last 3 bikes standing were the FZ-09, FZ-07 and KTM Duke 690) as my next bike.

I would like to order a new 2016 Raven FZ-07 from my dealer here in SoCal. Has anyone special ordered their bike? How long did it take to arrive?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Welcome!

Sorry to hear about the cbr. I still drool over the one I had before an FZ...so sexy, but uncomfortable after an hour.

Can't help you with the dealer part, but dropped in to ask if you've looked around on craigslist. You'd definitely save a pretty penny that could be used for insurance and upgrades. If not your local area, surrounding craigslist areas might also have raven 2015s.

I'm sure every case is going to be different depending on a bunch of things, but I special ordered mine from a Michigan dealer and it only took about a week so I assume there'll be more bikes around in a locale like California.

Thanks for the input! I am asking because I am trying to prepare in case the dealer tries to talk me into getting the silver or 2015 rapid red one that he has in stock. If it only takes a month or so, I'd be happy to wait!

Good to know someone else switched from a 600rr to the FZ-07 and is still around. I was worried I'd miss the power, but I am ready for something new, something different. I am looking forward to all the torque down low, should be a pleasant experience! I watched a ton of review videos and read a lot of articles. The word I hear/read over and over again is "Supermoto" in comparing the bike. 

Can't wait!

If anyone else has any experience regarding the ordering process, please share!

• Global Moderator

I ordered mine, but it was the day after they announced that it was coming to the US. It took six weeks, but that was a special case. That is not much help to you, but you did ask for people to share :)

We ordered the wife's last spring and they said at least six weeks. Six weeks came and no call. They never bothered to phone us and the bike was there for godonlyknows how long. Only reason we went that route was the good price for our trade.

They bump you on Yamaha's shipping list after putting down a deposit. Someone from Yamaha will call to confirm the order. It might be a while before you see the bike. I waited mid-march until the last week of may to get mine in 2015.

My local dealer has a 2016 Raven in stock as well, but it is an early 2016 spec (7/15) and has been sitting for a few months. If I get a brand new bike, I may as well get one that didn't have to host hundreds of heinies yet :-)

My dealer said he could order me one and he could have it here in under a week!? I am sure this is one he has at a distribution center. Why did you all decide to special order one, too?

• Premium Member

This is a current model and as such dealers will have them or can swap around to get what you want. Doing so is not "special ordering," which is used for cars and such. In doing so one typically goes down the option list and selects the specific things available one wants and then the order is submitted, after which the vehicle is built.

And, you don't need an excuse or justification to tell a dealer, any dealer, exactly the model you want and will buy. All the best!

Btw, when I bought mine in April the dealer did not have the model I wanted, but when I told him it was the only one I'd buy he called me back in two days (over the weekend) and told me he now had one and would assemble it for me just as soon as I made a deposit.  This is not unusual.

• Premium Member
Thanks for the input! I am asking because I am trying to prepare in case the dealer tries to talk me into getting the silver or 2015 rapid red one that he has in stock. If it only takes a month or so, I'd be happy to wait! 
Good to know someone else switched from a 600rr to the FZ-07 and is still around. I was worried I'd miss the power, but I am ready for something new, something different. I am looking forward to all the torque down low, should be a pleasant experience! I watched a ton of review videos and read a lot of articles. The word I hear/read over and over again is "Supermoto" in comparing the bike. 

Can't wait!

If anyone else has any experience regarding the ordering process, please share!
You can always get the rapid red then order the plastic tank panels in the raven color.

They bump you on Yamaha's shipping list after putting down a deposit. Someone from Yamaha will call to confirm the order. It might be a while before you see the bike. I waited mid-march until the last week of may to get mine in 2015.
I believe the deposit part is true.  I got mine new in Feb of 15.  I put down $500 once we agreed on terms, and my bike was at the dealer 7 days later.  I believe he told me it shipped from Seattle. 
In any case...negotiate HARD this time of year.  I got mine OTD for 6800, because the dealers are starving this time of year.  I negotiated with three dealers for a couple of weeks before one caved.  If you can get the new bike OTD less than MSRP it is a good value.

Good Luck, OP.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

I agree with others here. It's not a "special order". It's a stock color, just one your dealer doesn't have in stock.
He will probably temp you by knocking off a few hundred for the ones he has in stock, but you should be able to get what you want in a matter of weeks, (if your dealor wants to sell you one). You probably won't get any discounts from retail, but I'm sure it's worth it to get what you want.
Also, if there are any other dealers within a day drive of you, they would be worth checking out.

Why can't left turners see us?

Thanks for all the advice. The dealer called it "special order", that did not come from me :-)

I also don't think I can get a FZ-07 here in Southern California for under MSRP OTD. I talked to numerous dealers around here. They all have their "fees" (some totaling nearly $2,000) and the best deal I found was $7,200 OTD for a 2015 model, $7500 for a 2016 model. Remember we have 8% tax here.....

Thanks for all the advice. The dealer called it "special order", that did not come from me :-) 
I also don't think I can get a FZ-07 here in Southern California for under MSRP OTD. I talked to numerous dealers around here. They all have their "fees" (some totaling nearly $2,000) and the best deal I found was $7,200 OTD for a 2015 model, $7500 for a 2016 model. Remember we have 8% tax here.....
That's what I found here too.  Most places wanted almost $9,000 otd.  I took the best deal I could find which was MSRP plus sales tax.  Can't argue with that too much.  

That's what I found here too.  Most places wanted almost $9,000 otd.  I took the best deal I could find which was MSRP plus sales tax.  Can't argue with that too much.  
The $7500 OTD for the 2016 model is $6750 for the bike, plus ttl and no "special fees". The 2015 model would be around $6480 plus ttl. I think that is pretty good for California.

• Premium Member

Welcome! Best of luck! Can't really give much advice on cost or special ordering since I purchased mine right when they came out, and the color I wanted was on the showroom floor.

Where do you plan on purchasing? SoCal has a bunch of places available to purchase from.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome! Best of luck! Can't really give much advice on cost or special ordering since I purchased mine right when they came out, and the color I wanted was on the showroom floor.  
Where do you plan on purchasing? SoCal has a bunch of places available to purchase from.
Thanks! Del Amo and Veys Powersports seem to be competitive!

Archived