The MT-07 Forum

R3 Passenger Pegs

mjh937

• Global Moderator

Has anyone changed out the passenger pegs for R3 ones? I just changed the rider pegs and now it is bugging me that the passenger pegs do not match. I looked at the R3 pegs at the dealership yesterday and it looks like the they should fit. I may just spend the $20, but if anyone knows for sure that should be great.

• Global Moderator

Okay, I will be the Guinea pig. I just ordered a set. $30 with shipping is worth the risk.  I will report back here when I get them. 

• Global Moderator

Will the rdgular r3 pegs bot fit the passenger peg brackets?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

I think the pin is the same size. The pegs looked to be the same width. I am about 81% confident it will work. I will know for sure about this time next week.

• Global Moderator
What did you change your rider pegs to? Ones from an R3?
Yes. It was an easy swap. The R3 pegs are about an inch shorter than the stock ones, but they feel fine when I ride. 

Are they more grippy? I see that they are the serrated metal type and not rubber, may lose some comfort there?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Global Moderator

The rubber on my left peg was getting chewed up by the bottom of my boot. I did not really notice any difference in grip level or vibration, but I have only been able to ride with them one time. I like the looks of them and am happy so far.

Haven't tried different pegs. But I figured this would be a good place to ask a related question. I took off my original passenger pegs to have them powder coated along with the side plates and guards. Any tips or advice on reinstalling the pegs ? Can't seem to get the metal ball and plate lined up correctly. Thanks

• Global Moderator
Haven't tried different pegs. But I figured this would be a good place to ask a related question. I took off my original passenger pegs to have them powder coated along with the side plates and guards. Any tips or advice on reinstalling the pegs ? Can't seem to get the metal ball and plate lined up correctly. Thanks
I did not expect reassembling them would be a problem. If I come up with any tips after I get my pegs I will post them here. Good luck in the meantime. 

• Global Moderator

Well I ordered the washer that the ball locks in to just in case it was different than the ones that came on my bike and of course they are on back order. I should have the parts by the middle of February, so I will not be posting a n update for a while.

• Global Moderator

The pegs, minus the back ordered washers, arrived today it turns out the stock washers work fine. The pegs look great and work well. There is a little bit of "sponginess" when they are down, but with a bit of pressure they bottom out. I do not find it a problem but wanted anyone who does this mod to know. 
f56a35d53778377b7f950dedf2af6173_zpsfbbjgle7.jpg

Archived