The MT-07 Forum

Found a lower priced bike insurance deal!

Cruizin

ESURANCE I have compared all the companies and found the best deal for motorcycle and two cars via Esurance

You get a better deal online vs calling in. And, they have the best online format I have seen, you can change policy or submit claims online too., 24/7.

I beat what I was paying for motorcycle and two cars by $386 per year. Click here and get a quote and let us others know if you can save money too.

I'm a stickler for lower insurance rate so thought that I would share.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I saved $646 by switching from Libert Mutual to USAA. That is just for the 07. That's doesn't include the savings on my home and auto too!

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

Went through usaa/progressive for cheapest rate... 68/mo for a 24yo no multi policy discounts

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

esurance is great. and i switch bikes and vehicles alot, so the online service in amazing.

ive went through about 5 vehicles and policies without talking to a single person.

It's all about your driving history and your location, for me essurance was one of the most expensive ones. Although, I was only looking for the bike maybe I should try to add my car too.

Also, I see that that's a partner link- is this benefitting the forum? You might get more quote submissions if you make that clear.

• Premium Member

Yeah quite literally double what i'm paying now and i'm with State Farm.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

They don't offer coverage in VA. Was hoping for a a comparison, oh well.

I'm currently with Progressive. Since my bike is sitting doing nothing, I have the lowest insurance coverages on it to save some money. The winter time premium amounts to $285 for a years coverage. 

Insurance is weird. My two friends at work tried it too one was cheaper than progressive and one was more than progressive. I have changed insurance three times in two years to get a lower rate ea time.

Nobody knows what algorithms they use. Driving record, marital status, homeowner, crime rate in area, all kinds of factors. I don't have any partnership with Esurance, we do have one with Markel, that link is in my signature.

• Premium Member

Bundled everything with state farm. Moto insurance comes out to $27 monthly, approx $324 annual.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Went through usaa/progressive for cheapest rate... 68/mo for a 24yo no multi policy discounts

Liability only or with comp/coll?

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Nobody knows what algorithms they use. Driving record, marital status, homeowner, crime rate in area, all kinds of factors.

You are not too far off. My profession is insurance. I used to be a sales agent now I manage sales.

Here are the most common factors used in rating:

Credit
Education level
Sex (male/female, not if you want it)
Homeowner
Experience of operating a vehicle
Location (zip code specific)
Historical losses (accidents/thefts)
Motorcycle specific: CC's

This will be for the majority of Insurers out there. Then you look at some of the more common discounts:

Multi policies (auto/home/umbrella/life)
Motorcycle safety course
Multiple vehicles

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

full coverage incl theft
Went through usaa but the policy is handled by progressive since usaa doesnt insure "toys"

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived